Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Egoist and Thesys Ableton Link support :)

As above. Update just arrived.
Some very cool additional stuff in Egoist too. Now polyrythmic with independent clock dividers.

Comments

• Lovely stuff!

• edited May 2017

Finally! Yee haw...

And the Egoist updates outside of Link are really really nice.

• Yeah, thx Sugar Bytes

• Batman very happy. Batman only sorry he cannot spend all day on the fiddle.

• Here's a demo of the desktop Egoist version new features but it all applies to the ipad too (not sure about the new samples though in the vid)
    They've been listening too and added a feature I was bugging them about. Now you can slice into 16 even subdivisions (other subdivisions would have been handy too but thanks anyway SB :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Here's a demo of the desktop Egoist version new features but it all applies to the ipad too (not sure about the new samples though in the vid)
    They've been listening too and added a feature I was bugging them about. Now you can slice into 16 even subdivisions (other subdivisions would have been handy too but thanks anyway SB :)

Thanks Mister C. I'm happy about the 16 split slice....(even more so about Linky...)

• Great new. Thanks for the heads-up.

• =D =D =D =D F*** YEAH! Thesys is finally amazeballs! =D =D =D =D

• oh happy day!

• The monophonic/polyphonic switch really opens up many possibilities with Egoist.

• Great updates. Only disappointing thing is no AB3 update. They work ok but sometimes have issues reloading into the slot, iAA buzz error etc

• @Carnbot said:
    Here's a demo of the desktop Egoist version new features but it all applies to the ipad too (not sure about the new samples though in the vid)

Superb - learnt a few things from the vid too. Looking forward to mucking about with this tonight

• Wow seems to have had an update, and I see it has link now - doesn't list it in the update, so maybe it had it before.

• Boom!

• LInk is always awesome, was getting tired of syncing via AUM and having iaa issues, but ohman, loving clock dividers and flexible pattern lengths, finaly, the cuffs are off! Goes awesome with Future Drummer, so much funk.

I hope they fix Effectrix to trigger plaback in AB. All in all sweet sweet!

• Just had a play with Egoist - picked up a few tips from that vid above - what a lovely thing. I've not been using it to its full potential it seems....time for more...

• Thanks... finally

• edited May 2017

Hi. Question. I bought my first sugarbytes app effectrix a couple weeks. I must say i like it, A LOT. I've been eying up Egoist, but they seem to share some similarities. I was wondering if someone could tell me what different or added features egoist has, aside from the built in bass and drums. I'm trying to determine if it'd be a reduntant purchase. Also, about the known issue regarding effectrix not playing inside AB. Does egoist have the same issue, as to having to use the AB AUM work around?

And regarding this part of the egoist description:

>

Curious if said keyboard can be played by an external keyboard? If so, is it recordable into the egoist sequencer?

• Egoist is fantastic and almost at a DAW level of functionality in it's own right. Lots of unique functionality that provides a huge amount of utility, creativity and enjoyment.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Hi. Question. I bought my first sugarbytes app effectrix a couple weeks. I must say i like it, A LOT. I've been eying up Egoist, but they seem to share some similarities. I was wondering if someone could tell me what different or added features egoist has, aside from the built in bass and drums. I'm trying to determine if it'd be a reduntant purchase. Also, about the known issue regarding effectrix not playing inside AB. Does egoist have the same issue, as to having to use the AB AUM work around?

>

Curious if said keyboard can be played by an external keyboard? If so, is it recordable into the egoist sequencer?

The sample slicer/sequencer is the main thing. With this, the drums and bass (you can trigger external synths via MIDI with the bass channel), its like a self contained mini DAW. I love it, always have.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    =D =D =D =D F*** YEAH! Thesys is finally amazeballs! =D =D =D =D

You kids with your damn, you know, eyes....

• @MonzoPro said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

>

The sample slicer/sequencer is the main thing. With this, the drums and bass (you can trigger external synths via MIDI with the bass channel), its like a self contained mini DAW. I love it, always have.

Yes it's a groove machine on steroids and acid in a box. And they've knocked down a couple of my quibbles with the latest updates and a major beef (Link). If I could get a variability algorithm going in Egoist, I might not leave the house.

• this is really awesome

• Always one of my favorites, despite my having never used anything from it in a final production. It's results, though very fun, can be kinda "same same" no matter what you throw at it, but that all may change now. Looking forward to finding out.

• @aaronpc said:
    Always one of my favorites, despite my having never used anything from it in a final production. It's results, though very fun, can be kinda "same same" no matter what you throw at it, but that all may change now. Looking forward to finding out.

Are you talking about E or T?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@aaronpc said:
    Always one of my favorites, despite my having never used anything from it in a final production. It's results, though very fun, can be kinda "same same" no matter what you throw at it, but that all may change now. Looking forward to finding out.

Egoist. Thesys isn't even on my radar these days— maybe if it gets the full AB3 midi treatment it'll find it's way back.

• @aaronpc said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@aaronpc said:

Egoist. Thesys isn't even on my radar these days— maybe if it gets the full AB3 midi treatment it'll find it's way back.

Thesys is brilliant with link. You're missing out :(

• Looking forward to giving the Thesys update a workout later, if my eyes are still up to the challenge.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Looking forward to giving the Thesys update a workout later, if my eyes are still up to the challenge.

You can zoom anywhere in the app with a double tap. Just make the zoom bigger in settings.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Looking forward to giving the Thesys update a workout later, if my eyes are still up to the challenge.

You can zoom anywhere in the app with a double tap. Just make the zoom bigger in settings.

Yeah, I find that quite distracting though, as I do their MIDI learn option which keeps popping up. I wish they'd just make a better UI for mobile devices.