Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My new original metal song, "We Bleed! We Die! We Burn"...

edited April 2017 in Creations

... and this time, I am singing as well. The video will be out tomorrow on Youtube, but you'll listen first by clicking on the following link:

You can also download it from my site (http://www.dimitridealencar.com), and it will cost only $0.99!

The lyrics are a pessimistic reference to an "apocalypse by a human hand" - a nuclear conflict, of which the possibility is more real than ever, except perhaps the worst days of the Cold War. I recorded with my old guitar plugged in an Apogee One with Auria's Overloud THM. Same for the bass (which I played with my fingers, no pick used). The drums were provided by DrumPerfect Pro, using a custom kit, and I recorded each drum track live using my Boss DR-5 as a MIDI controller. Hope you excuse my "Brazilian english" accent, and hope you enjoy the song (lyrics below). Have a wonderful week!

Dimitri.

We Bleed! We Die! We Burn! (Music & Lyrics by Dimitri De Alencar)

The threat of calamity is upon all us again

The threat of extinction rears its ugly head again

We’re all different but we all bleed

We’re all different but we all die

We’re all sinners shall we all burn?

We’re all sinners must we all burn?

I fear this very sunrise may well be our last

I fear there’s no much time we’re bringing it to ourselves

We’re all different but we all bleed

We’re all different but we all die

We’re all sinners shall we all burn?

We’re all sinners must we all burn?

No demon, no angel

No judgement, no redemption

No pit, no throne

No kingdom, won’t come

Just a human hand

Setting all to end

Comments

• Witness!! Very cool vocal styling, really stuck in my head!

• Thank you very much, @AudioGus! Glad you liked it!

• Apple Music?

• Not yet, @lucas! I am undecided if I'll release it in my upcoming album - it would be the stranger in the nest, since I seldom do metal songs. I assumed you enjoyed the song: thank you very much! The video would be out in a few moments. Cheers, Dimitri.

• edited May 2017

EDIT: took down the video. LumaFusion keeps boosting the volumes upon exporting the video, and adding insult to injury, the last time I complained (here on this forum, not theirs to be fair), not only the issue wasn't aknowledged, but I was told to do the basics of audio editing, such as use a limiter in my song, as if I had not been a professional mixing and mastering engineer for over a decade. Couple this with the lack of an absolutely critical feature - project archiving - and I can say I've had enough. Just deleted LumaFusion after reexporting the video with the volume turned down to (hopefully) avoid distortion. Sorry for the rant and the incovenience.

• edited May 2017

P.S.: just remembered I cannot delete LumaFusion with all my presets still stuck there. Sigh. At least, I wont use it anymore.

• I take back every bad thing I said about LumaFusion: first, I was really really angry for having to take down my video, and second because they just released version 1.3 WITH PROJECT ARCHIVING! Hip hip hooray!!

• Way better than your original title for it; "I Love Fluffy Bunnies And Cute Duckies".

• @Icepulse said:
    Way better than your original title for it; "I Love Fluffy Bunnies And Cute Duckies".

Thank you! I really thought no one saw the old title! ;)

• Has the audio issue been fixed in the latest version?

• I haven't time to try, but I guess not. For this video, I had to reduce it in LumaFusion's mixer by 3dB to get acceptable results.