Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that easily allow splits and layers

Looking for recommendations on sound engines that facilitate splitting, layering or creating zones easily with out the need for other midi apps . I'm more interested in splitting capabilities as I can usually manage layers in few different ways. Thanks

Comments

• Er... LayR (Synth). For splits just get MF Splitter. Good demo vids on YouTube. Couldn't be any easier.

• LayR...without question.

• anything you host in AUM can be split and layered easily

• LayR looks great from the videos I've watched. Is it only synth sounds or are there pianos, organs, etc.?

• @mptrin said:
    LayR looks great from the videos I've watched. Is it only synth sounds or are there pianos, organs, etc.?

You might want to check out Korg iM1. Splits, layers, lots of pianos and organs galore + a huge assortment of other types of sounds available. No Link support, but if you can live without that, it could be a good fit.

• @wim said:

@mptrin said:
    LayR looks great from the videos I've watched. Is it only synth sounds or are there pianos, organs, etc.?

You might want to check out Korg iM1. Splits, layers, lots of pianos and organs galore + a huge assortment of other types of sounds available. No Link support, but if you can live without that, it could be a good fit.

Thanks @wim! I have iM1 and Module. While I love them both for their sounds, I've been branching out to find similar apps that are more AB3 compatible (State Saving, MF filters etc.)

• wimwim
    edited April 2017

@mptrin said:

@wim said:

@mptrin said:

Thanks @wim! I have iM1 and Module. While I love them both for their sounds, I've been branching out to find similar apps that are more AB3 compatible (State Saving, MF filters etc.)

Yeh. Korg apps generally suck at stuff like that. Too bad, eh?

• @mptrin said:

LayR is a subtractive synth; no sample playback options. However, you can achieve a massive amount of variation to the types of sounds it will produce. I have managed to create several acoustic piano-like patches with it, and it's very easy to create electric piano and organ tones as well. And if you're looking for something with layering, zones and splits capabilities you'd be hard pressed to find something more extensive than LayR in my opinion. Every individual layer in a performance can have its own key range, and each range can either be crossfaded or start / stop on specific keys. Meaning, you could create a drum kit with individual one-shot sounds on each key across the whole keyboard. Or, you could create a performance with say a bass sound on C1-B2, a lead on C3-B4, and a pad on C5-B6. Then you could set a crossfade region of say 6 notes for the lead and pad. This can all be done per layer, per instrument, and a performance can have many, many instruments in it. The possibilities are beyond description.

• Sampletank.

• iWavestation as well.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Sampletank.

Yeah... took a while for someone to bring it up.
    First thing that came to mind. The best thing for splits without getting into complicated multi apps/ audiobus setups.

• edited April 2017

Apps that allow splits very easily and without the needs for other apps.

Sampletank.
    Im1.
    Bs-16i and Soundfont Pro if you are into soundfonts.

None of those it's AB3 compatible beyond the basics.