Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: LumaFusion 360VR editing Coming Soon!

Hey, wanted to share a heads up that if you're playing with 360VR like I am, and want to edit and distribute it from your iPad or iPhone... the near desktop level video editor for iPad/iPhone called LumaFusion... will soon support 360VR editing. I'm beta testing it and it works really well!

The app is already live and worth it without the 360VR stuff, but with it... it's simply spectacular.

I did a test where I added 3 insta360nano clips to a timeline, added dissolve transitions, added color effects to each clip, added 3 audio tracks in addition to the native one, then uploaded it to YouTube at it’s native 3K res... and it worked fine. It reinjects the proper 360VR tags that Google likes. This will be the ONLY app you can do this with on iOS. LumaFusion kept it at it’s 3K res and looked good.

https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-for-ios/

The 360VR stuff isn't included yet, but it should drop in the next few days. Or, so a little birdy told me. :)

Comments

• glad that you're a beta tester!!

by any chance have they implemented the 'video seamless loop cropping feature' yet? trying to be patient but it ain't easy :)
    oh and yeah 360 vr sounds cool

• edited April 2017

@kobamoto said:
    glad that you're a beta tester!!

by any chance have they implemented the 'video seamless loop cropping feature' yet? trying to be patient but it ain't easy :)
    oh and yeah 360 vr sounds cool

I don't think so. Sorry, but I don't really think this is as potentially doable as audio looping assist. Dealing with images and visual seams is more complicated than with audio I think.

I would suggest you try some of the Cinemagraph apps. I have the desktop version of Cinemagraph Pro that I bought when it was reasonably priced. What they charge now is a bit outrageous. They have an iOS version too. Absurd pricing aside, I think their app does a great job at creating short looping videos that aren't seamless, but do blend nicely with minimal effort, even if you're not making a "cinemagraph".

• @skiphunt, any news about project archiving (that is, project bundle export, so I can finally delete video clips and make room in my iPad)? Thank you!

• Fantastic...long live iOS!

• @theconnactic said:
    @skiphunt, any news about project archiving (that is, project bundle export, so I can finally delete video clips and make room in my iPad)? Thank you!

I haven't seen that listed in the upcoming release, but I think it might be next. Don't quote me on that though. I'm pretty sure it won't be in the next version that should go live in a couple days or so.

It also supports stereoscopic 3D 360VR if anyone is into that stuff. Mostly bug fixes, and some interface improvements, along with the 360 stuff.

• Awesome news, awesome app.

• I think it's not as difficult as you might think cause they said they like the idea

• btw I've got a lite version of that cinemagraph app, it's pretty cool but damn the price is crazy lol

• @kobamoto said:
    I think it's not as difficult as you might think cause they said they like the idea

I could be wrong. They delivered on the 360VR stuff I was hoping for in spades, and how well they've delivered surprised me honestly. So, who knows.

• edited April 2017

@skiphunt said:

@theconnactic said:
    @skiphunt, any news about project archiving (that is, project bundle export, so I can finally delete video clips and make room in my iPad)? Thank you!

I haven't seen that listed in the upcoming release, but I think it might be next. Don't quote me on that though. I'm pretty sure it won't be in the next version that should go live in a couple days or so.

It also supports stereoscopic 3D 360VR if anyone is into that stuff. Mostly bug fixes, and some interface improvements, along with the 360 stuff.

The stereoscopic is from single camera in this case? Also, have you seen any sign of Ambi-X audio import?

• @u0421793 said:

@skiphunt said:

@theconnactic said:

The stereoscopic is from single camera in this case? Also, have you seen any sign of Ambi-X audio import?

Stereoscopic 3D is all they said. I'm not familiar enough with 3D to speculate if that's only single or dual camera. I have not seen any mention of Ambi-X import, but you can ask them directly and specificly at their forum https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-for-ios/

They are very forthcoming and approachable. Their lumatouch twitter account is a good way to interface too. :)

• Twitter. Good idea. I won't be signing up to any more phpBB forums these days (tbh, I missed that they even had a forum, it was buried under a menu level 1 - not visible when I'd previously looked at the website and concluded there's nothing of the sort there). Twitter'll be the thing then.

• Thanks for sharing this info skiphunt! I'm actually looking for a VR video editor for Windows 10, would love suggestions...

Wishing you all the best! :)

• @theconnactic said:

well, project archiving has been in this beta for a good while, i have given some feedback/tweaks on it a few weeks ago but haven't had the time to test more rigorously lately.. i would be surprised if it ISN'T in this upcoming update.. and they are blasting out betas twice daily at the mo' .. a sign that the update is imminent..
    you can choose to archive project with All Media , trimmed Media or no media.. the trimming media was where there were some glitches but is all good now AFAik..
    the bundles 'open in' to other apps like DOCS and there is all the other Dropbox, clouddrive etc options..

• interesting, thanks :)

@kobamoto

by any chance have they implemented the 'video seamless loop cropping feature' yet?

Can you give an example of the type of footage you want to loop and how seamless you want it to be?

• @u0421793 for longer detailed discourse, their forum is better obviously, but they are generally much quicker via twitter. And, that likely helps them out for branding awareness too a little. :)

@gdog you can't use all the effects with 360 stuff, just color effects. Or, you can but you get issues with the 360 stitch seam. I think they recommend sticking with dissolves for the clip transitions for 360. But, you can use the titler and drops still graphics on top of the 360 layers.

@RockySmalls I'm certain there's lots of other cool things that'll be in the update, it I fell off the beta wagon while I was traveling in Ecuador and just got back into it with the announcement of 360.

I'm exited about this because I've been wanting to do this very thing for about 7 months I think. I really wanted to play with 360VR while I was traveling in Ecuador back in January /February but there weren't any edit apps that handled 360 at the time. They would, but on export they all stripped out the essential 360VR data. There was/is another app called VRFix that injects the data back in after the fact, but at the time it downsampled your video to 720p. They've just updated that one to support 4K as of yesterday. But I think keeping it all streamlined in Lumafusion, including export directly to YouTube is a better way to go.

• @Carnbot said:
    interesting, thanks :)

@kobamoto

by any chance have they implemented the 'video seamless loop cropping feature' yet?

Can you give an example of the type of footage you want to loop and how seamless you want it to be?

stuff like the wings of an insect flapping, or a head spinning around in a circle etc...

• @RockySmalls said:

@theconnactic said:

well, project archiving has been in this beta for a good while, i have given some feedback/tweaks on it a few weeks ago but haven't had the time to test more rigorously lately.. i would be surprised if it ISN'T in this upcoming update.. and they are blasting out betas twice daily at the mo' .. a sign that the update is imminent..
    you can choose to archive project with All Media , trimmed Media or no media.. the trimming media was where there were some glitches but is all good now AFAik..
    the bundles 'open in' to other apps like DOCS and there is all the other Dropbox, clouddrive etc options..

Thank you. This feature is critical for my worflow.

• ^ yeh, me too!

• @kobamoto said:

@Carnbot said:

@kobamoto

stuff like the wings of an insect flapping, or a head spinning around in a circle etc...

Ok right, stuff which is already very loopable in the first place. Yes there could be a feature where you set the start frame and end frame of the loop and then can just extend the clip. That would be useful. Rather than.duplicating the clip multiple times etc.

• @Carnbot said:

@kobamoto said:

@Carnbot said:

@kobamoto

Ok right, stuff which is already very loopable in the first place. Yes there could be a feature where you set the start frame and end frame of the loop and then can just extend the clip. That would be useful. Rather than.duplicating the clip multiple times etc.

I'm not really sure how you could do that in an editor like this. I might be possible as an effect, but I can't visualize how that could work on the back end. I'm also not sure how useful that'd be to their current target audience, ie. news gathering and bloggers. But, if there are enough music geeks buying the app, then maybe it'd be a worthwhile effect to add I suppose.

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@kobamoto said:

@Carnbot said:

@kobamoto

I'm not really sure how you could do that in an editor like this. I might be possible as an effect, but I can't visualize how that could work on the back end. I'm also not sure how useful that'd be to their current target audience, ie. news gathering and bloggers. But, if there are enough music geeks buying the app, then maybe it'd be a worthwhile effect to add I suppose.

Yes it would be an effect. There are a few After effects plugins which do that.

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@kobamoto said:

@Carnbot said:

@kobamoto

Yes it would be an effect. There are a few After effects plugins which do that.

I haven't used After Effects in several years. Might see if there's something in Apple Motion that does that. Though, as I mentioned, my install of Cinemagraph Pro is actually easy to use for quick loops, even if you're not making a cinemagraph. But, there's a lot in Motion that I haven't taken the time to explore and fully appreciate.

• it's just cropping ... start point and end point, just a more elegant solution than setting start and end right now and then copying , this feature is more about the process than the result as it just makes it easier to get the desired results by allowing the video to loop while you adjust the beginning and end of the clip down to the seamless point that you want... not something that would intrude on any type of audience if they don't want to loop anything.

• @kobamoto said:
    it's just cropping ... start point and end point, just a more elegant solution than setting start and end right now and then copying , this feature is more about the process than the result as it just makes it easier to get the desired results by allowing the video to loop while you adjust the beginning and end of the clip down to the seamless point that you want... not something that would intrude on any type of audience if they don't want to loop anything.

To be clear, I wouldn't mind having that on iOS myself. There's a market for good video loops and since you can now handle 4K video on an iPad, it'd be cool to be able to make marketable loops while I'm traveling just from my iPad. So, I'm all for it.

• 4k, is that natively.. I don't know much about video, btw which model do you have skip?

• @kobamoto said:
    4k, is that natively.. I don't know much about video, btw which model do you have skip?

Yes, native 4K in/out. You could shoot a perfectly acceptable projectable film with an iPhone SE in 4K, color correct and edit on an iPad, and output for theatrical distribution. Most viewers would be just fine with the quality.

Which model for what? For 360VR stuff I'm just playing with a low end consumer cam. I haven't found anything I could make money off of yet with 360 so I'm just testing the waters.

I'm playing with a little insta360nano. It's quality is decent. It shoots 3k, they just updated the firmware so that it uses the iphones gyro for image stabilization and works well.

It's also cheap.

• It would be cool to see audio reactive plugins in this app. I'd rather use this than apps like Wizibel which are too restrictive for me.

• @Carnbot said:
    It would be cool to see audio reactive plugins in this app. I'd rather use this than apps like Wizibel which are too restrictive for me.

that would be so great, something as simple as just having the keyframes/parameters for any effect assignable and affected by an audio track!! I hope Terri has her eyes on this thread still... have you mentioned it on the Luma forum?