Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: How do you make music with helicopters thundering overhead?

Warfare in Berkeley again.

These things last a long time, and there are usually helicopters nonstop. My studio is not sound prooof. What do I do?

I guess I could move, but I'd have to change my screen name.

Comments

• What are they putting in the water over there? I recommend over the ear headphones

• Write a song called "Helicopters in my Head"

• press "record"

• @RulesOfBlazon said:
    press "record"

+1

• @RulesOfBlazon said:
    press "record"

Probably the best answer. Time to bust out those mad sampling skills

• We get low flying jets here - they appear out of nowhere, create a massive sonic boom and disappear again. They've ruined a few recordings, scared the cats, kids etc.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    Wearing a little selfmade aluminum foil hat will prevent ruined recordings, I ve been told.

Dude, that is funny. More people need to move to Berkeley.

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If you moved you'd still be John from Berkeley you just wouldn't be John in Berkeley.

• Very loudly? We have chickens, much easier to control, sort of.

• edited April 2017

Most disturbing thing about the jets here is they crank up the action just before conflicts, so when we hear them it's almost an early indicator for war someplace. Worst ones are the jets/bombers so high up you can't see them, but they make an insanely loud noise like the sky is being ripped apart. Don't like those.

Can't remember the name of them, but they fly bombers here too. 25 years ago I was cycling across the top of a hill when one came down and flew over me so low I could see the pilots face and teeth painted on the bombs, and the surge of air knocked me off my bike. I could just picture them saying 'hey look a hippy...let's get him'

• I'd say a Vietnam War themed album is probably on the cards. Although, the helicopter situation would probably stop halfway through that.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Most disturbing thing about the jets here is they crank up the action just before conflicts, so when we hear them it's almost an early indicator for war someplace. Worst ones are the jets/bombers so high up you can't see them, but they make an insanely loud noise like the sky is being ripped apart. Don't like those.

Can't remember the name of them, but they fly bombers here too. 25 years ago I was cycling across the top of a hill when one came down and flew over me so low I could see the pilots face and teeth painted on the bombs, and the surge of air knocked me off my bike. I could just picture them saying 'hey look a hippy...let's get him'

That's odd, I don't see anything in the news that would indicate impending military action ... ;)

• @TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

That's odd, I don't see anything in the news that would indicate impending military action ... ;)

Funnily enough it's been dead quiet here recently...which exposes a bit of a flaw in my theory!

• They are already attacking North Korea ?

• Yay! We're all going to die. That'd be quite a laugh, actually, and might improve the economy once the radioactive half-life of the mutually assured destruction dies down to allow doing it all over again, if only anyone could remember the password to get google started up again.

• @u0421793 said:
    Yay! We're all going to die. That'd be quite a laugh, actually, and might improve the economy once the radioactive half-life of the mutually assured destruction dies down to allow doing it all over again, if only anyone could remember the password to get google started up again.

If Samplr gets an update before Armageddon I can die happy.

• in such situations I use to take comforts in these...

• @TheVimFuego said:

@u0421793 said:
    Yay! We're all going to die. That'd be quite a laugh, actually, and might improve the economy once the radioactive half-life of the mutually assured destruction dies down to allow doing it all over again, if only anyone could remember the password to get google started up again.

If Samplr gets an update before Armageddon I can die happy.

Maybe you survive and never have to recharge your iOS device ever again and control Samplr using 3 arms, 8 eyes and 4 legs. :)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Very loudly? We have chickens, much easier to control, sort of.

Chickens are the worst. I had three for about a year. Filthy things. Poop and eat, and their looks and movements are unsettling. I decided I didn't like eggs that much and traded up for a dog. He liked the chickens.

• I used to live nr Farnborough, which every 2 years, for 2 weeks, became a nightmare for noise, but thrilling at the same time...being at the end of a runway looking down the exhausts of a Tornado while it is taking off is indescribable :D

Now I am in Manchester the sky is mostly adorned with the Police Helicopter

• @AndyPlankton said:

Reminds me of when I lived in Bristol.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Reminds me of when I lived in Bristol.

Scallies get everywhere :D

• Invest in chaos...problem solved

• @Proto I don't need any more uncoordinated limbs.

@oat_phipps Chickens are great for food scrap disposal but they do have their quirks. Had to bury a couple ... it's not pleasant. We have a dog too, better personality. Horses visit also, these freak me out, huge things.

@AndyPlankton I used to work for defence contractors so have seen a fair bit of Farnborough. Free trips to the show help offset the fact you're helping drop bombs on people (I worked on Tornado software actually). I also lived in Bristol, car crime capital of Britain apparently

• @TheVimFuego said:

@AndyPlankton I used to work for defence contractors so have seen a fair bit of Farnborough. Free trips to the show help offset the fact you're helping drop bombs on people (I worked on Tornado software actually). I also lived in Bristol, car crime capital of Britain apparently

I had a few friends who used to get locked in an underground bunker when working at Marconi....
    I spent many a day at the Airshow, from outside as a kid, and then as an exhibitor as I used to work for a company producing multimedia based training for Pilots, Cabin Crew and Maintenance staff at Airlines in the 80's/90's way back before PC's were capable of such things :)....actually it is what got me into making music on computers...the main guy there responsible for the audio technology went on to form Sonic Foundry

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Helicopters? Sounds like the typical modular patch... :D