Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk - Acoustic Drums ($4.99 USD)

It's now available, and they sound very realistic. Cheers mates. :)

Comments

• have not found it yet. Does it have to be seen in the store within BH?

• @Kranick said:
    have not found it yet. Does it have to be seen in the store within BH?

Yes.

• Sweet! Need some good acoustic drums for my rnb style im workin on

• Oh, yes, it just downloaded. Demo sounds really impressive and it's really very modest priced.

• Wonderful!NO drum-machine-sounds.Thank you so much!

• This seems more like a guitar demo than a drum demo, but here it is anyway...

• Seems worth it for those cymbals alone!

• They sound fabulous

• edited April 2017

The cymbals have multivelocity sampling and some kind of wizardry to make them behave like real cymbals. It's phenomenal. Wish these were inside gadgets drum machine.

• @telecharge said:
    This seems more like a guitar demo than a drum demo, but here it is anyway...

Gawd damn! First off that riffis clean as Skeeter's peeter, and secondly I can never have too many acoustic drums & cymbals samples.

I collect acoustic drum samples & good realistic cymbals like some dudes hoarde 808's etc. I just love being able to sequence or finger drum a songs drum track with realistic samples- shaping​ & editing the track into something that can hopefully trick some ears into thinking its a real drummer.

With Beathawk as an AU now this is a no brainier purchase...

• Is this a generic drum kit that can be used for any type of music (jazz, folk, etc)? Is there a list of drum sounds and articulations? There are no loops in this, correct? I plan to use Beathawk inside GarageBand, where I can already make use of the acoustic drums in that app. Do these drums sound better? Can't really tell from the demo.

Scarlet Jerry

• These drums sound very nice and it's another proof that 16 sample pads aren't enough.

• In GarageBand I combined these Acoustic drums with BH Acoustic piano and Embertone Sax --- just about fooled myself. GarageBand p-bass was the weak link. On the hunt for something better

• @realdavidai said:
    In GarageBand I combined these Acoustic drums with BH Acoustic piano and Embertone Sax --- just about fooled myself. GarageBand p-bass was the weak link. On the hunt for something better

Maybe try the "Funk" pack in BH. It has only two instruments, but both of them are e. bass guitars. Cheers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@realdavidai said:
    In GarageBand I combined these Acoustic drums with BH Acoustic piano and Embertone Sax --- just about fooled myself. GarageBand p-bass was the weak link. On the hunt for something better

Maybe try the "Funk" pack in BH. It has only two instruments, but both of them are e. bass guitars. Cheers.

I'll check it these out...though I was hoping for another contender. BH is taking over my DAWs

• Madrid in gadget has just about the best bass you could wish for!

• edited April 2017

@realdavidai
    @ion677 said:

Madrid in gadget has just about the best bass you could wish for!

This also is very much true. Madrid does offer a greater amount of control over the final sound it produces, and I love tweaking it. Then again, Gadget can't be loaded as an AU (god if only it could be!).

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @realdavidai
    @ion677 said:

Madrid in gadget has just about the best bass you could wish for!

This also is very much true. Madrid does offer a greater amount of control over the final sound it produces, and I love tweaking it. Then again, Gadget can't be loaded as an AU (god if only it could be!).

From what I've read the Gadgets are available as AU on desktop. My silent prayer is that the code base has become compatible to enable a future update to AUv3 on iOS.

• The bass in GarageBand is pretty good, no?

• @scarletjerry said:
    The bass in GarageBand is pretty good, no?

Yes very good actually. Just this time it seemed to fall short. Though it could very well be that I didn't think like a bass player enough