Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CRUD - Bass Synth on the bus

New earth shattering bass synth on the Bus
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/crud/id685290177?mt=8

Comments

• I think I'll wait on this one.

• With a name like "CRUD", how can you pass @mgmg4871 ;-)

• might work for someone who just needs a dedicated bass for a specific genre.
    I like dubstep and DnB, but I think I'll stick with Thor, Nave etc for my wobbs and buzzsaws for the tme being.

If SugarBytes released Cyclop as an app, THEN I'd be curious.

• It's dead easy to program these type of sounds in Thor. Not what I'd call "tweaking" - more like "get in there and make exactly what you need, with your own personal vibe, WITHOUT tweaking".

Then once that's done, you have something to use "simply" and you don't have to tweak it later.

• edited September 2013

As a programmer, corporate cube rat, I knew C.R.U.D. as a database acronym for create, read, update, delete. In a previous life as a crewman in engineering on nuclear subs C.R.U.D. stood for Chalk River Undefined Deposits. When the first reactor prototypes were built in the '50s waste water was released into the Chalk River. Go ahead and scream. Weird deposits were found that were traced back to odd deterioration that occurs in the high heat, pressure and radiation in the core.

Nice that it's now used in music... Beat your swords into plow shares kind of groove.

• What about C.H.U.D.?

• Um....Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller?

• ...or a "B" grade movie. Your choice. ;-)

• edited September 2013

I like it! Specific to some music styles only to the point you think it's specific. :)
    It's heavy! Needs a volume knob asap!
    And a BPM synced LFO.

• Wait WHAT? It's a dubstep bass synth and it doesn't have a BPM-synced LFO?

Forget it.

• edited September 2013

It's a rompler. Most presets have a set LFO rate baked into the sample used, so lower octave = slower wobble and higher octave = faster wobble. Also hearing loud clicks/pops on some presets when it loops.

I bought it thinking it was a proper synth, but oh well...It does sound good and is Audiobus compat, so sure it'll see some usage...

Edit: Dev if you're reading, make it universal! Not that many controls on there so I think it would work just great on the small screen too. Oh, and also update the description to reflect the product sold a bit better eh?

• @ChrisG I get that it's a rompler, but that makes it a useless tool for its stated purpose.

• Eye: And I agree.

• @eyeball - Can I ask which synth apps and drum apps are your fave ones to use? You mentioned Thor, Nave and Cyclops but would I have to program and tweak a million dials and presets to get the sounds that this one offers?

Thanks in advance

• @Gjcyrus I'm of the opinion that if Thor, Nave and Cyclops are too difficult to use, then you might as well get a Microkorg and use the presets. Thor and Nave both have several presets that provide starting points. Cyclops has a TON because it's basically a dedicated wobble bass unit.

Dubstep isn't everything, but if it's what you want to do, you're gonna need a bass synth that has a syncable LFO. If that's too technical, ya gotta do a little reading. It will pay off, I promise.

• @eyeballjackson - thnx man! Much appreciated.

• Is Cyclops on ios?? can find no sign...

• No he meant if it were or if they ever bring it to iOS

• Hi Guys! Thanks for your interest in CRUD, I'm here if you need any questions answered
    Cheers
    Alex

• edited September 2013

Hi Alex. I bought a synth, and all I got was this rompler. :(

A few suggestions tho..

• Go through and clean up the presets that are badly looped. A couple of samples/presets have a sec or 2 of silence that I really don't think wasn't meant to be there. And also, clean up the looping points on the ones with pops/clicks.

• Don't make it bigger with more samples per preset, but perhaps implement a time stretch function that can be switched on/off at will. Diracs time stretch SDKs, isn't that free? Might not sound good, but better then nothing when in a pinch so to speak.

• Update the app description, it is misleading people into thinking they are buying a synthesizer.

• Make it universal, I think a lot of people would appreciate that. And since it's not exactly cluttered with controls, it would work well on the 4" screen!

• Cool, Chris, thanks for the feedback - I'll check out Diracs time Stretch!

FYI the ones with silence are probably intended as one shot percussive sounds, but no harm in looping earlier.

Cheers
    Alex

• edited September 2013

Nah there's one in there with adjustable LFO, just a straight "bzzz" bass that's not looping as it should (got silence in there). I'll find the preset name later when I can, so you can atleast check it out. :)

• Someone mentioned Cyclops earlier - there's a tweet out there saying it should be out for iOS by end of the year!

• Hopefully they have been able to hire someone that'll actually do all the necessary re-designs for a touch device (and also revisit Turnado and their stepsequencer which is a bitch to use).

Regarding CRUD, just to be a bit more clear (reading all my posts above might make it sound worse then it is). The thing does sound fresh and raw, only needs a bit of more love on a couple of the presets regarding loop points. Doug's video in the other CRUD thread shows it of good, and it also shows the limitations of it being that it is sample based (talking bout the wobbles here). But as Doug said, it's fast to boot up and just drop something via Audiobus into whatever you've got goin on. Can always replace it later with a more precise and proper LFO / synth.

@twisted_electrons : Don't quote me on Dirac being free, I was just kinda guessing (seeing as many other apps uses Diracs time stretch). They do offer various algorithms / quality etc, so could be the lower quality stuff is free and others licensed, I dunno. But can't hurt to take a look! :)

• @Halftone: Thanks for sharing that news! Cyclops VST is GREAT and I really like the SUgar Byte app versions of their VST. Maybe we'll see WOW2 eventually as well! That would be fantastic in the AB effects slot...