Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Filters

Hi. This might be broad, but what to you all recommend for a filter to use in Auira(IAA)? Just looking for something to drop in individual tracks while mixing, so basic lo-cut, hi-cut, bandpass, etc. Thanks!

Comments

• Oh, and I already have the Fabfilter EQ. Looking for something quick and dirty like in Gadget, but maybe more fun too.

• Here you go mate.

Filtatron by Moog Music Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/IpLPx.i

It's AB3 AND IAA compatible.

• Come to think of it, this too could work.

F-16 Filter by Blamsoft, Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/PX5cab.i

Although this one seems AUv3 only.

• edited April 2017

Amazing Noises Dubfilter is pretty fun (and free) too

• @OscarSouth said:
    Amazing Noises Dubfilter is pretty fun (and free) too

+1 and fun squared

• @Thomas said:
    Hi. This might be broad, but what to you all recommend for a filter to use in Auira(IAA)? Just looking for something to drop in individual tracks while mixing, so basic lo-cut, hi-cut, bandpass, etc. Thanks!

If you're cool with it being limited to Auria use only then FabFilter Micro is one of the best around.

• Volcano is also pretty cool, probably the ultimate filter for Auria.

• All those are nice but if you have proQ you can easily apply a lo cut high cut etc. if you want to save time just save your own 3 band preset in proQ

• edited April 2017

Apefilter good too

• If you buy WOW (the app, outside of Auria) it unlocks in Auria. Probably not quick, with all the modulation possibilities, but it is fun and has a bunch of different filters.

• Fabfilter Micro. Or get Volcano if you can spare the $.

• @Thomas said:

Is the built-in channel strip not filtering hard enough?

• Thanks for the ideas. I used to have Filtration years ago when I had no use for it(lol). Maybe I'll try it again. I have Volcano, but as mentioned, too many modulation options distracts me. Definitely gonna try Dubfilter and Apefilter, thanks. Does Fabfilter Micro have resonance? I want something apart from Pro Q just because I feel it doesn't have character...if that makes sense.

• edited April 2017

@Thomas said:
    Thanks for the ideas. I used to have Filtration years ago when I had no use for it(lol). Maybe I'll try it again. I have Volcano, but as mentioned, too many modulation options distracts me. Definitely gonna try Dubfilter and Apefilter, thanks. Does Fabfilter Micro have resonance? I want something apart from Pro Q just because I feel it doesn't have character...if that makes sense.

Yes it does, was just playing around with it. I honestly think it is your best choice based on your want of simplicity. The ApeFilter is great, but it's very complex. Plus, you said you wanted character, so I refer you to the name of the company.

• Thing is, if you have Volcano already, it does what Micro does, but better. You can just ignore all the modulation options and open it up with just the default setting and adjust the filter - doing it this way makes it pretty much identical to Micro, except you have a much greater choice of filter types that each have a different character.

• @richardyot said:
    Thing is, if you have Volcano already, it does what Micro does, but better. You can just ignore all the modulation options and open it up with just the default setting and adjust the filter - doing it this way makes it pretty much identical to Micro, except you have a much greater choice of filter types that each have a different character.

...and I just bought Micro. Damn! :( I suppose I need a paradigm shift with Volcano. I've never approached it as a filter specifically...and have generally been disappointed. I'll spend more time with it.

• A little self promo: I am in beta test now and could send a copy to you. I would say it is really easy to use and fast. It is only AUv3/AB3 tho...

• @lucas said:
    A little self promo: I am in beta test now and could send a copy to you. I would say it is really easy to use and fast. It is only AUv3/AB3 tho...

Looks intriguing. Unfortunately, I'm needing IAA. I'll certainly keep an eye out for when this gets released tho. thanks! :)

• wimwim
    edited April 2017

@Thomas said:

I'm not sure why you specifically need IAA vs AU. Though it's AU only, F-16 Filter is outstanding and seems to cover your requirements. Very simple. Very effective. Very lightweight.

• And then there's WOW which is anything but simple, though monsters can be simple too

• @wim said:

@Thomas said:

I'm not sure why you specifically need IAA vs AU. Though it's AU only, F-16 Filter is outstanding and seems to cover your requirements. Very simple. Very effective. Very lightweight.

I second that. F-16 Filter is outstanding. Easily my favorite to use.

• f-16 filter is nice. I don't have I wish fab filters would make ios filters outside of Auria for everybody else, because they make some really nice filters. Also wish some more devs would develop more filter apps, there really aren't a ton for ios.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@wim said:

@Thomas said:

I second that. F-16 Filter is outstanding. Easily my favorite to use.

I don't recall reading about that one, but looking at it now... thanks for the heads up. The price is certainly right! :)

• All the Blamsoft AUs are outstanding. B)

• @wim said:
    All the Blamsoft AUs are outstanding. B)

good to know. I've been looking at a different flavor of chorus too.

• Quick question: Can you automate the F-16 filter in Cubasis, say?

• After a (very) quick look around, I was able to draw in and edit automation in Auria Pro, but not Cubasis. I don't know if Cubasis just can't do it or if I just don't know how.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Quick question: Can you automate the F-16 filter in Cubasis, say?

nope. cubasis has no automation for AUx

• Another thumbs up here for the quality of everything by Blamsoft.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Quick question: Can you automate the F-16 filter in Cubasis, say?

nope. cubasis has no automation for AUx

This is another area where I hold out a lot of hope for BM3. @Samu did I understand correctly when I gathered from comments you've made that AUx parameters are automatable in BM3?