Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

csGrain Update

csGrain by Boulanger Labs
https://appsto.re/us/bKjrE.i

Comments

• If it supported audiobus or IAA it was an instant buy. I am a big fan of granular synthesis, but can't use it for anything in this stage.

• Love this app, wonder what's in the update? (Can't view the store page from iPhone)

• @Proto said:
    If it supported audiobus or IAA it was an instant buy. I am a big fan of granular synthesis, but can't use it for anything in this stage.

It can be used in the input and effect slots of AB. Been that way for some time now.

• It says Audiobus 2 support..

• Just checked on the App Store, last update is 2014??

• @soundklinik
    Thanks! Hasn't come through to Australian App Store yet

• The update worked on my ipad 4 ios 10.3, but not on my ipad air ios 9.3.5

• @flo26 said:
    The update worked on my ipad 4 ios 10.3, but not on my ipad air ios 9.3.5

That will be because the update requires iOS 10.0 or later.

• edited April 2017

@thinds said:

@Proto said:
    If it supported audiobus or IAA it was an instant buy. I am a big fan of granular synthesis, but can't use it for anything in this stage.

It can be used in the input and effect slots of AB. Been that way for some time nodoesn't tell me anythim> @thinds said:

@Proto said:

It can be used in the input and effect slots of AB. Been that way for some time now.

Good news. :)
    App description doesn't mention anything of audiobus, so maybe the dutch store is waiting for the update.

Edit: Its updated.

• How is it in comparison with Ipulsaret ?

• Ok I screwed up, got this confused with csspectral :neutral:

• @mireko_2 said:
    Ok I screwed up, got this confused with csspectral :neutral:

Lol, anyway i think its a great one for soundscapes. My finger wants to press the buy button after checking this vid.

• @Proto said:

@mireko_2 said:
    Ok I screwed up, got this confused with csspectral :neutral:

Lol, anyway i think its a great one for soundscapes. My finger wants to press the buy button after checking this vid.

That was very cool. I didn't realise this app works off a input, thought it was a synth for some reason. Wonder what it does to drums?!

• @mireko_2
    Drum madness with Doug.

• OH Awesome! One step closer to csSpectral getting an update! :smile:

• Correct me if im wrong......csGrain is a granular effect for different soundsources and not a synth like Ipulsaret ?

• Lummey....always wanted these but thought they'd been abandoned...

• Right on, I'll finally buy this. Hope Spectral is coming as well.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Right on, I'll finally buy this. Hope Spectral is coming as well.

Be interested to hear what you think, I quite fancy this one.

• Hmmm, it doesn't load my imported audio files or work in AB2 or AB3 or AUM or Cubasis. :confused:

• Not quite sure why you would suddenly update your app after 3 years for Audiobus 2 ?

• @lnikj said:
    Not quite sure why you would suddenly update your app after 3 years for Audiobus 2 ?

I bought it.

• edited April 2017

Likely will get a refund. CsSpectral is still 32bit and buggy so I figured i would support the dev and get this one to see if it checks out but nope.

• @thinds said:

@Proto said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@flo26 said:

Fresh buy on a new ipad latest iOS doesn't work for me at all. have you had luck with AB or IAA?

• @AudioGus said:

@thinds said:

@Proto said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@flo26 said:

Fresh buy on a new ipad latest iOS doesn't work for me at all. have you had luck with AB or IAA?

Air 1, latest iOS, all working OK for me so far. It has been sitting on this device for a few years now, maybe its a fresh install causing the issue? Have you tried a reboot?

• Looks as if you need to launch Cs before starting AB, otherwise Cs tends to go to sleep when you add something in the output slot. I don't have AB3 to try it with.

• edited April 2017

@thinds said:

@AudioGus said:

@thinds said:

@Proto said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@flo26 said:

Air 1, latest iOS, all working OK for me so far. It has been sitting on this device for a few years now, maybe its a fresh install causing the issue? Have you tried a reboot?

Yup rebooted.

Just tried on my air1 too... no luck. So it works in AB2 as an effect for you? You can import and play audio files fine?

Maybe it is a fresh install thing.

• Just tried again and it won't load into the effect correctly now. Bit hit and miss there it seems at the moment.

Loading samples via "open in" from Audioshare is no probs at all though. These Boulanger apps were always a little twitchy from day one I do recall.