Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr Link Update

From Samplr's Facebook page:
I understand Samplr is an important tool for many people but my personal focus has been on other projects lately. An update with Link is already working but I want to test it further before I release it. Thanks for your support and understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/SamplrApp/?ref=ts&fref=ts&hc_location=ufi

Good news.

Comments

• Great, hope Sector gets Link also..

• Finally

• 2018 then. :/

• This man needs legions of beta testers...

• @Carnbot said:
    This man needs legions of beta testers...

He'd have them if he just asked.

• Day just got better

• Is it 64 bit already??

• happy days! B)

• @Carnbot said:
    This man needs legions of beta testers...

I've asked several times. Not interested.

I'm trying not to get too excited about this one, just in case it is just Link and not multiple outs, panning or fx automation.

...and I hope the current app won't get broken by linkage.

• Yes I think he prefers to go it alone at his own pace.
    Fingers crossed for more but I'm not too hopeful...

• As long as it keeps working on the ipad in general, that keeps me happy.

• @5pinlink said:
    Another example of why developers should never talk publicly about their unreleased software.

How come? Isn't the news that an update is at least possible a good thing?

I'm happy that it hasn't been abandoned and completely down with idea that the dev likes to work alone.

• @5pinlink said:
    Because this will invariably turn in to "This developer sucks, where is the promised update with Link" very quickly.
    Look at the state of some people over BM3.

its been YEARS for BM3 though. pretty sure after 2+ years anyone would moan. i doubt he's going to take that long after this announcement.

• @5pinlink said:
    Because this will invariably turn in to "This developer sucks, where is the promised update with Link" very quickly.

Well, that's an optimistic outlook.
    I think most people hold Samplr's developer in the highest esteem, and I have actually never read anything negative about him that I can recall. BM3's problem is making announcements for future announcements and then missing the deadlines. But is it a problem? We're all talking about BM3, and when the app drops, it's going to be a blockbuster.

I read his comment as way of acknowledging the fans for an app he clearly has moved on from.

• PLEASE still work on my iPad3! Don't shut me out like so many others! Puuuuuuullllleeeeeezzzzzzzeeeeeee!

• @FlightManual said:
    PLEASE still work on my iPad3! Don't shut me out like so many others! Puuuuuuullllleeeeeezzzzzzzeeeeeee!

the next update has to be 64bit since apple doesnt allow 32bit releases anymore. so sadly the ipad3 will be abandoned :/

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@FlightManual said:
    PLEASE still work on my iPad3! Don't shut me out like so many others! Puuuuuuullllleeeeeezzzzzzzeeeeeee!

the next update has to be 64bit since apple doesnt allow 32bit releases anymore. so sadly the ipad3 will be abandoned :/

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! SO NOT COOL!!!

• @FlightManual said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@FlightManual said:

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! SO NOT COOL!!!

I don't think Apple have said that apps have to be 64bit only, just that they have to be 64bit. It is possible to package an app with both 32bit and 64bit binaries. In fact I think most are done this way right now. Apple also has a way of slicing those up, so the unnecessary bits aren't distributed to a particular device, so I don't think they'll tell developers they can't support 32bit. So, I'm telling you there's a chance :)

• @5pinlink said:

I guess that's one way of looking at it, I prefer to think of it as a dev (who probably isn't currently making much money from the app) keeping the users happy with an update on progress, whenever that arrives.

Maybe I'm more patient than most.

• Samplr is still one of best apps even if it never gets an update. It still works pretty well on new devices. Link would be nice, separate outs nicer still

• I will just be happy to have some future proofing. Link is very nice but the app is pretty complete as is. Im surprised noone has made a Mega Samplr yet with more intelligent looping/ recording and internal routing.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I will just be happy to have some future proofing. Link is very nice but the app is pretty complete as is. Im surprised noone has made a Mega Samplr yet with more intelligent looping/ recording and internal routing.

Pretty sure it's already 64bit so its future proof for now.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    I will just be happy to have some future proofing. Link is very nice but the app is pretty complete as is. Im surprised noone has made a Mega Samplr yet with more intelligent looping/ recording and internal routing.

Pretty sure it's already 64bit so its future proof for now.

Ahhh, i was getting some Samplr may slow down ur ipad messages

• Weird. Not anymore, i deletd amd reinstalled and no warnings. Must have been some other app i was thinking of.