Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Freebie - Yamaha Synthesizer Arpeggiator And Drum Pad - Credit Gmslayton

Apologies if this is well known (and it is an old app but relatively recently updated) but @gmslayton posted a video using this to create drum rolls and I downloaded it to check it out.

Turns out it's chock full of arpeggios and what looks to be useful stuff.

https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/synthesizer-arpeggiator-drum-pad/id533053346

Might find a use for someone anyway even if it's just to pump some MIDI into stuff.

Comments

• The 'cool' thing about that app is that the first version was released way back in June 2012! :)

• @Samu said:
    The 'cool' thing about that app is that the first version was released way back in June 2012! :)

Indeed so, a credit to Yamaha that it hasn't just been forgotten.

First I'd heard of it, I just headed for the arps and started noodling around, drum patterns too. Ideal for lazy musicians like me that like to hit one button and build on the ideas it creates.

• @TheVimFuego said:

First I'd heard of it, I just headed for the arps and started noodling around, drum patterns too. Ideal for lazy musicians like me that like to hit one button and build on the ideas it creates.

Yepp! The bass lines are quite funky too ;)

One thing to keep in mind is that the 'drum kits' have a lot more sounds than the 'arpeggios' use.
    Just disable the arp and check out all the keys.
    (Drums sounds start at C -1 all the way to C-5, that goes for all the kits).

You also have access to basic instrument properties and 3 effects so even for a free app it's quite handy.
    (Use as a sound module to sample sounds in to other apps).

If you like the 'feel' of the app Yamaha MMS is also free sometimes for more tweaking.
    (The two apps also play nicely together).

• Thanks for the tips, @Samu.

• @Samu Good to know regarding the drums, I feel like I've stumbled on a treasure trove of new ideas. Increasingly difficult when you monitor all things iOS music related as often as I do ...

I'm sure I checked out MMS some time ago and dismissed it, will revisit.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    @Samu Good to know regarding the drums, I feel like I've stumbled on a treasure trove of new ideas. Increasingly difficult when you monitor all things iOS music related as often as I do ...

I'm sure I checked out MMS some time ago and dismissed it, will revisit.

There's a reason why I'm wishing Yamaha would bring out something 'new'.

Here's a playlist of MMS features/tutorials straight from Yamaha :)

• @Samu said:

@TheVimFuego said:

If you like the 'feel' of the app Yamaha MMS is also free sometimes for more tweaking.

I'd like to hear more about how you use them together.

• @studioAB said:

@Samu said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I'd like to hear more about how you use them together.

Got them working together nicely. Thanks for the idea @Samu.