Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave is free (from $2,99). Now is a freemium app.

Comments

• No excuses for anyone not to own it now :)

• Silly value for money at full price ...

• Wow! I bought a bunch of stuff from them at sale and regular prices with no regrets. Go for it!

• Hey All,

Indeed, today we announce that Blocs Wave has become a freemium app.

For us, Blocs Wave is a pretty cool app, that has always been designed to help people combine ideas easily, for new music makers to pros who are looking for new ideas. As such, we want as many people to try that app as possible around the world.

First of all, for existing users, you should see no change. For new users, Slicer and Audio import have become IAP.

We've made a snazzy new video to go with he release that will be officially announced at 4PM GMT.

Watch the video here
    http://blocs.cc

// Matt

• Get ready for the blocs wave noob questions....now where are those old threads :D

• edited April 2017

Hello there- for what feels like the hundredth time- is there any chance that you might introduce some (any) sort of filing system in order that the pile of clips that are generated can be managed instead of being randomly scattered all over the place - which makes the app a complete pain to use and wastes a lot of time.

Maybe you could try using the app yourself for a reasonable period of time when you are testing it instead of just pottering about with it- in order that you can feel the pain.

Perhaps you could spend some time addressing this before getting back to creating more in app purchase packs to sell?

• @blocsxnovation said:
    First of all, for existing users, you should see no change.

You can say that again.

• @u0421793 said:

@blocsxnovation said:
    First of all, for existing users, you should see no change.

You can say that again.

lol

• edited April 2017

Next freemium app: AB3? :)

• @robosardine said:
    Hello there- for what feels like the hundredth time- is there any chance that you might introduce some (any) sort of filing system in order that the pile of clips that are generated can be managed instead of being randomly scattered all over the place - which makes the app a complete pain to use and wastes a lot of time.

Maybe you could try using the app yourself for a reasonable period of time when you are testing it instead of just pottering about with it- in order that you can feel the pain.

Perhaps you could spend some time addressing this before getting back to creating more in app purchase packs to sell?

Ha ha ha... Nice way to ask for something I guess... Lol

• It's not particularly nice. But then it isn't that nice to be ignored or patronised either.
    Nor is it nice to only show your face when it is for your own benefit.

• (Holy hate here today!)

I think Blocs is pretty sweet all in all as a casual app with some pretty handy tools to use in the iOS ecosystem. I feel that taking the slicer out of the core may keep people from discovering what makes it special and addictive.

Anyway, i am probably not the target user but will join the chorus of those who would love to have a mass backup method and custom folders or tags. I would end up having 'Synth bleepbloops', 'Effected snares' , 'Ethnic plunks', etc. (These are the kind of packs I would more likely buy, focused on sound/instrument types rather then general genre or vibe construction kits).

Not being able to control pitch better (on a cell level) really keeps me from buying packs so i just import my own stuff and use blocs as a gateway to other apps. I would gladly pay for new features like pitch per cell or slice.

Its a casual fun app but I think people see huge potential for more and naturaly get... mmm, passionate?

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@robosardine said:

Ha ha ha... Nice way to ask for something I guess... Lol

insincerity is never attractive.

• Hey All,
    We hear you. It's taken us sometime to make this change to a freemium model for Blocs Wave. Most importantly, to make sure the switch is seamless for you guys.
    The features mentioned here related to managing sounds, pitch etc are all things we will tackle. I can't as ever confirm when, but just so you know, we want these things too! which means they are likely to happen.
    We now just have one more big thing to get out of the way, then we can focus on it ;-)
    // Matt

• Thank you for listening! You have a winning concept on your hands :-).

• Is it my imagination or have the buttons got smaller?

• @blocsxnovation said:
    Hey All,
    We hear you. It's taken us sometime to make this change to a freemium model for Blocs Wave. Most importantly, to make sure the switch is seamless for you guys.
    The features mentioned here related to managing sounds, pitch etc are all things we will tackle. I can't as ever confirm when, but just so you know, we want these things too! which means they are likely to happen.
    We now just have one more big thing to get out of the way, then we can focus on it ;-)
    // Matt

On an unrelated note, are your people in the same line as the Circuit people to the extent that you'd know anything about the possibility of an iPad Circuit edit/manage app? ;)

• Thanks @blocsxnovation - Blocs is indeed a fun program, and it's good to see that there's still momentum behind it.

I think it's more of a Launchpad thing ... but just to take advantage of your being on this thread ... I'd use Blocs a lot more if there was some way to de-couple a Launchpad set started in Blocs eventually so that it can be edited directly in Launchpad, and not having to go back and forth between them. Blocs is great for loading up a Launchpad project, but once loaded, you get to the point that you'd like to make various changes to one or two pads. It gets to be cumbersome having to go back to Blocs, make the change, then export again. I find myself building up from scratch in Launchpad (with the import IAP) rather than feeding from Blocs due to this.

Not a complaint, just a nice to have. B)

• Love this app so much. Hoping for 8 channels out so we can apply FX on per channel basis in future update. Posted a request on twitter here if anyone is inclined to retweet <3

• @blocsxnovation said:
    Hey All,
    // Matt

Any chance for 8 Channels out so we can apply FX on perchannel basis in AB3 and AUM <3

Purdeee Pleeeeeze B)

• edited April 2017

@echoopera said:
    Any chance for 8 Channels out so we can apply FX on perchannel basis in AB3 and AUM <3

Hey @echoopera , We'd love to know more about your workflow here. Any chance you can email me on [email protected]
    // Matt

• @blocsxnovation said:

@echoopera said:

Hey @echoopera , We'd love to know more about your workflow here. Any chance you can email me on [email protected]
    // Matt

Done. Thanks Matt.

• @blocsxnovation Does this mean that from now on, all new features will be an IAP ?

• To me Blocswave is a must app. I'm doing more music than ever in a decade.

Few months ago I uploaded some snippets to my yt channel but ai have lots more in my iPad.

The sharing projects feature also addressed one of my demands: dedicated hardware for Blocs... I had purchased some packs and IAPs and launchkey61 mk2 (which makes me very happy) but of course there is still room for improvement (from basic fx like reverb in Blocs, implementing launch row in launchkey with the free button not assigned to fx...)

Lately I'm wondering if it's possible to connect more than one controller to the same Launchpad session (launchcontrol + xl) and control fx at the same time than playlist...

@blocsxnovation most of these were sent as wishlist to your mail and also asked at yt videos but not answered AFAI remember...

• Looks to me that the only way Novation makes money on this app is to sell the packs. So you should expect that creating packs would be a priority for them. What we get, though, for a tiny amount of cash (now free) is a pretty neat tool. I just use it to its capability and, as they add even more functionality, I happily expand my use of it.

Nobody is owed anything beyond what they paid for. Because I don't work for Novation, I don't have to kiss up to snarky customers. :)

• I like it. The app. It's come a fair distance and made a space for itself. YES, I would like better filing, tagging, something or other. And I say this as someone who has bought a lot (all?) of the packs and have been thinking about slowing down recently because of administrative confusion :)

• I've also most packs, pity the blocs is almost always the same samples.

• edited April 2017

Freemium makes me nervous. This is one of my favourite apps, and even at full price was only a fiver or summat, when this has happened to other apps the results have been mixed at best. Fingers crossed then.

• @blocsxnovation said:
    Also, to be clear, part of the discover mode functionality you are experiencing IS intentional.

We've written an algorithm that figures out what might be 'best' for you, for example, it might look at which sounds require the least amount of time stretching, among a whole host of other factors. However, right now the range is quite 'close' so we are looking at ways to 'open' this range up if you want to be more adventurous.

• @u0421793 said:

@blocsxnovation said:
    Hey All,
    // Matt

On an unrelated note, are your people in the same line as the Circuit people to the extent that you'd know anything about the possibility of an iPad Circuit edit/manage app? ;)

We really have to let them answer that one. It's another group that looks after circuit components, however I'll drop them a line and make sure they've heard your request.