Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Affiliate link provision is cutted from 7% down to 2,5%

Comments

• That's not gonna do any of the music app blogs or the AB team any favours is it.

• So that means only Apple will get more out of these links now?
    Mmhhhh......

• I guess Apple just isn't making enough money right now ... sarcasm off ... well that sucks for people who promote the apps to the enthusiasts (Jakob, Soundtestroom, etc).

• My 6 year old uses that kind of language!

• This is what passes for innovation at Apple these days. Figuring out new ways of screwing the little guy. I guess the 30% they take from developers isn't enough for one of the richest corporations on the planet.

• So much for my plan of going free with Audiobus and just monetizing it via affilitate marketing. :hushed:

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I guess Apple just isn't making enough money right now ... sarcasm off ... well that sucks for people who promote the apps to the enthusiasts (Jakob, Soundtestroom, etc).

We do this as well. A small part of our revenue comes from apps purchased through links on the forum and apps on the compatible apps list.

• @telecharge said:
    This is what passes for innovation at Apple these days. Figuring out new ways of screwing the little guy. I guess the 30% they take from developers isn't enough for one of the richest corporations on the planet.

Courage!

• edited April 2017

Affiliate stuff is a con. I've recently had two streams close, just before I reached their '£100 payment thresholds' - both had earnings just under that which took ages to build up, and courtesy of their T&C's I get nothing.

Adwords stitched me up - I built up earnings to a really good level when suddenly they 'readjusted' the levels so they went down to just 5% of what they were.

Affiliate income paid for around 40 personal sites I ran. Every stream has since been slashed so I'm down to just a handful of sites now.

Just not worth bothering with now.

• @Sebastian said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    I guess Apple just isn't making enough money right now ... sarcasm off ... well that sucks for people who promote the apps to the enthusiasts (Jakob, Soundtestroom, etc).

We do this as well. A small part of our revenue comes from apps purchased through links on the forum and apps on the compatible apps list.

Indeed so, sometimes I forget where I'm posting given you seem to happily host discussions of all things music (and life generally) related.

It took me some time to release using the links on the sites helps the creators, it's not immediately obvious to the uninitiated.

• @telecharge said:
    https://www.macstories.net/news/apple-clarifies-that-affiliate-program-changes-affect-in-app-purchases-only

This should be a relief to some of the sites we enjoy (like this one).

An interesting move (just reread the original email they sent to developers and this is not what they announced initially).

• @telecharge said:
    https://www.macstories.net/news/apple-clarifies-that-affiliate-program-changes-affect-in-app-purchases-only

This should be a relief to some of the sites we enjoy (like this one).

So odd. I didn't even know you could use that program on IAPs.

• Every night Tim Cook goes to bed he dreams on we are the apple and he is the man who made the bite bigger and bigger.