Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus Modulation Monsters

Since The Audiobus 3 midi implementation and midiflow adapter is out I've been liking adding state saving modulation sources to audiobus for setups to send sequenced cc's to synths etc

So far I've been liking:

MidiLFOs (wish there were many more tabs though)
Thesys
Midisequencer (not sure if state saving is working properly here though)
Patterning
Midisteps (not sure of the best way to use this as a CC step sequencer with out notes yet)
Cream Mobile (haven't tested this much so far)

Most of these aren't AB3 compatible yet but you can still save them in the Audio slot. Any other cc sequencers which have state saving in Audiobus out there?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2017

Not really what you're looking for, but StepPolyArp can do pan, volume, aftertouch, pitchbend, and one assignable cc.

• edited April 2017

@wim said:
    Not really what you're looking for, but StepPolyArp can do pan, volume, aftertouch, pitchbend, and one assignable cc.

Yes this is useful too. I wish you could assign ccs instead of notes in the arp as an option.
    I look forward to @JohannesD making a remapper for audiobus so then you could do it that way, remapping the notes to ccs through the filters.

How do you assign the one cc?
    Ah just found that menu, never saw that before :)
    That's great so you can assign all those as different ccs up to 5

• different drummer has state saving, link and eight assignable cc's. one per wave

• @crifytosp said:
    different drummer has state saving, link and eight assignable cc's. one per wave

Oh yes forgot about that one, thanks :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Midisteps (not sure of the best way to use this as a CC step sequencer with out notes yet)

Not 100% but I think you can enter rests and still enter CCs per step.

• @syrupcore said:

@Carnbot said:

Not 100% but I think you can enter rests and still enter CCs per step.

Thanks, will have a look.
    I guess when we get a remap filter we'll have a lot more options too.

• @Carnbot said:

@crifytosp said:
    different drummer has state saving, link and eight assignable cc's. one per wave

Oh yes forgot about that one, thanks :)

Plus automation.

• @Carnbot said:

@wim said:

Yes this is useful too. I wish you could assign ccs instead of notes in the arp as an option.
    I look forward to @JohannesD making a remapper for audiobus so then you could do it that way, remapping the notes to ccs through the filters.

Nice. I thought only the Modulation could be changed. But all 5 can. :)

• @crifytosp said:

Ooooh. Good call! I forgot abuout that! Lotsa potential for mayhem there. B)

• @wim said:

@Carnbot said:

@wim said:

It gets better, each pattern can have their own cc assignments. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@wim said:

@Carnbot said:

@wim said:

It gets better, each pattern can have their own cc assignments. :)

Link to vid showing this feature?

• No vid yet but from this pic you can see how you assign a cc to the modulation parameter. You can assign a different one for each pattern or apply to all patterns. the same for pan, volume after touch and pitch bend modulations

• @Carnbot said:
    No vid yet but from this pic you can see how you assign a cc to the modulation parameter. You can assign a different one for each pattern or apply to all patterns. the same for pan, volume after touch and pitch bend modulations

oh my god. i did NOT know steppolyarp could do that. thank you so much :)