Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hohner D6 Clavinet recorded into Gadget

I recorded a short Korg Gadget tune using my Hohner D6 Clavinet recorded through Resario and Zurich. It's not quantized, so I'm sorry to admit some timing errors where I briefly lost the funk! Ha!Ha!

I used an Akai EIE interface with my favorite Clavinet effects in the effect loop: Joemeek compressor, Moogerfooger envelope controlled wha-wha pedal and a MXR analog delay. I only used the amp and speaker sims on Resario ... no effects.

Rosiaro is used from the beginning. For the last verse, I used Zurich to record the Clavinet.

The bass line is Lexington, drums from Gladstone.

Comments

• I was just waiting for Stevie W to start singing! Great sound!

• Holy crap!

• R_2R_2
    edited April 2017

Fucnk Yeah!!

• Sounds fantastic! I keep waiting for some enterprising iOS dev to replicate "that sound in a box". I can almost get there using the troublemaker sequencer and then futzing with the MIDI pointed at a clav patch. So classic and ready to be done!

Of course, easily done with the real deal, like you've done...

• Nicely done. I prefer the zurich. Sounds fuller and warmer

• Srceeeeeeeech !!!!\\\ I brake for Clav! I'm there.

• Cool groove. I'm diggin' it!

• Thanks for listening everyone. I think I liked the sound from Rosiaro better because I thought it sounded more natural and live. The Zurich recording sounded a little muffled or dead, like plugging directly into a mixer and bypassing the tube amp. The Resario recording does sound a bit strident. Maybe I need to mess with the EQ more.

I've been having trouble getting a sound out of Resario that I like. I still haven't been able to get a perfectly clean sound from it which I don't understand why. Any suggestions?

I've also tried using the record output from my Mesa Boogie amp, but it did not sound at all like the amp and speaker sounds live. It had too much bass frequencies.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Sounds fantastic! I keep waiting for some enterprising iOS dev to replicate "that sound in a box". I can almost get there using the troublemaker sequencer and then futzing with the MIDI pointed at a clav patch. So classic and ready to be done!

I don't think it's possible (yet) to get an authentic Clavinet sample playback. All the ones I've ever heard sound too perfect. If that makes any sense?

A big part of the fun playing a real Clavinet is extremely responsive and light touch for the keyboard. It is a lot easier and more fun to play the funk on it than it is with a weighted keyboard or even a spring loaded keyboard.

Ive never heard an authentic sounding acoustic piano sample either.

It's not that I think the Clavinet and acoustic piano are no good. There are plenty that sound really good. They just aren't authentic.

• @Pianokey88 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Sounds fantastic! I keep waiting for some enterprising iOS dev to replicate "that sound in a box". I can almost get there using the troublemaker sequencer and then futzing with the MIDI pointed at a clav patch. So classic and ready to be done!

I don't think it's possible (yet) to get an authentic Clavinet sample playback. All the ones I've ever heard sound too perfect. If that makes any sense?

A big part of the fun playing a real Clavinet is extremely responsive and light touch for the keyboard. It is a lot easier and more fun to play the funk on it than it is with a weighted keyboard or even a spring loaded keyboard.

Ive never heard an authentic sounding acoustic piano sample either.

It's not that I think the Clavinet and acoustic piano are no good. There are plenty that sound really good. They just aren't authentic.

Try mic'ing the amp. I usually try to avoid that when recording guitars but it sounds so much better to use the amp. And i play better because i feel it more. For clav and ep i am completely satisfied with the nord emulations.