Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AmpliTube AC30 Demo (a la "The Edge")

Here's a demo of AmpliTube's new Vox AC-30 Top Boost amp. It also makes use of Holderness's excellent Stereo Designer plugin.

Comments

• Nice @kgmessier ! Sounds legit to me. Does the AC-30 come with Amplitube or is is it an IAP?

• Nice demo.sounds cool!
    Thanks!

• edited April 2017

Where do you find this amp in the app?

• Sounds fantastic! Thanks for doing it.

• Thanks, guys!

Sorry, I should've mentioned this in the original post. The amp is the British Copper 30TB, which has been part of AmpliTube for Mac/PC but was just released as part of the iOS version. They added that along with a couple other amps and pedals, and they're part of the core app (i.e., not an IAP).

I was going to demo these sounds with the newly added DCOMP pedal, but that compressor is too aggressive for the tone I was after, so I used the Fender compressor instead.

• @kgmessier good stuff. Particularly liked the second 'chunk'. Thanks for putting it out...

• Very cool -- I have tried w/o success to get the Edge sound in Tone Stack ( do not own Amplitube ) .. There's probably a way .. I just don't have the "chops". Did you use virtual effects pedals in addition to Stereo Designer?

• I actually started off my tone using ToneStack, but when AmpliTube put out the British Copper 30TB, I thought I'd give that one a try.

In AmpliTube, I'm using the Fender compressor and Fender tape echo. In Auria, I'm using Pro-Q2 (just to cut out the low and high end) and VirSyn AudioReverb to space things out (in addition to the aforementioned Holderness Stereo Designer).

• I'm not an Edge tone connoisseur, but I had to play a U2 cover once and using two delays, one set to a dotted eighth and one set to a quarter was key.

• @Matthew said:
    I'm not an Edge tone connoisseur, but I had to play a U2 cover once and using two delays, one set to a dotted eighth and one set to a quarter was key.

Yeah, there definitely are some U2 tunes that make use of multiple delays, particularly when the Edge performs them live. (You'd think it'd be the other way around and he'd want to go with a more complex delay setup in the studio, but he's way above my pay grade.)

For this demo, I actually used all the same exact delay settings except for delay time, which I adjusted appropriate to the (studio version) songs' tempi.

• @kgmessier
    Thank you. Very interesting and i have looked often for a replacement to my sadly sold vox ac30 browncloth amp.

• I own an actual Vox AC30 Top Boost (with alnico blue speakers), so I was keen to hear how the AmpliTube model compares. I can get an early Black Sabbath tone from the real AC30 cranked and with a treble boost in front; I'm curious if the same can be accomplished in AmpliTube. Sadly, they still lack a treble boost pedal.