Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another new album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell

The Chronicles of Mr Denks and Mr Klade: The Absurdium Fog - new album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell

Another story from The Chronicles of Mr Denks and Mr Klade - two Victorian investigators of the strange and unusual. This time they investigate a mysterious fog that is descending in various parts of the city.

The download includes a free PDF booklet that describes the story behind each track.

https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/album/the-chronicles-of-mr-denks-and-mr-klade-the-absurdium-fog

Comments

• Colin I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they were just a third as prolific as you & Doug are.

And it's not just quantity, the project is a continuation of the first album and it's excellent stuff.

My biggest hurdle is finishing a song/project. No writers block or disinterest thankfully, but I certainly get too many things going at once. iOS storage limitations has kept me pretty much at three songs in Auria at once max. I just mix, master & backup the session to the iXpand drive or the cloud.

Great work guys...be cool.

• @JRSIV said:
    Colin I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they were just a third as prolific as you & Doug are.

And it's not just quantity, the project is a continuation of the first album and it's excellent stuff.

My biggest hurdle is finishing a song/project. No writers block or disinterest thankfully, but I certainly get too many things going at once. iOS storage limitations has kept me pretty much at three songs in Auria at once max. I just mix, master & backup the session to the iXpand drive or the cloud.

Great work guys...be cool.

Thanks, I'm really pleased you like the stuff, for me personally I start with a theme, like either a melody or a chord sequence and just build on that, but I do just do one track at a time, start it finish it and move on to the next.
    I will say one thing else though, I am not precious about the project files, once the track has been finished and is completed the Cubasis project files wil be wiped so I end up with a lot less clutter.

• You guys need to pick up the pace!

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    You guys need to pick up the pace!

I know, we're just a pair of slackers

• "Just another day ?"Is numinous ! Is it an iOS piano ?

• @JRSIV : thanks. Glad you like it. I find that for albums such as ours it helps if I get an idea of the story we want to tell and then a list of track titles for each section of the story. I then work on tracks with an image or theme in mind which can make it easier to get musical ideas, develop them and finish them.

@johnfromberkeley : sorry we will do better in future. Our next album, The Time Traveller actually came out a months ago! :wink:

• Hi @grego68 thanks! The piano on Just another day is made from a few instances of Salzburg using the Cinema Piano preset. I did the piano parts in Gadget and then transferred the project to Cubasis to add the synths and samples. I downloaded several samples from freesounds.org on my PC and copied them to Dropbox and then to Audioshare and Cubasis where I trimmed, faded and arranged them.

• Ok thanks (for the technic and the tip) this song is beautiful: it's a trip.I have to listen the full album now ;) .

• It would be very cool if someone would review the album here

• Gentleman: I just listened to the first four tracks. Gorgeous. It amazes me how organic it all sounds. Production, arrangement, and musicianship is stellar. I'll listen more later today. Thank you for doing what you do.

• Listening to it now; I'm mesmerized. It totally fits with the prior release and has many gorgeous sounds and cool tunes. I'd love to see these characters and their adventures in an animated film or series.

• Thanks @supanorton and @TozBourne Really appreciate that! It still amazes me hoe much @thesoundtestroom and I are on the same wavelength and how we manage to bounce ideas off each other even though we are a few hundred miles away from each other.
    I would love to see these characters and stories in an animated series or a comic too but my skills don't lie in those directions. :smile:

• edited April 2017

These are a big influence on my prog style of writing, you may here some similarities, this is new too

• Cool, Doug! Not heard them before! Maybe our next album will be a bit more rocky! :smile:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Cool, Doug! Not heard them before! Maybe our next album will be a bit more rocky! :smile:

Oh yeah