Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: NI KOMPLETE Elements $19 today at MF (4/22)

A lot of sounds/software for 20 bucks if you're into desktopy things.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/native-instruments-komplete-elements-software

Bonus for deal chasers: comes with a $30 voucher towards other NI stuff. That's friendly math if you're in the market.

Comments

• There are really some crazy deals sometimes.
    This is even better than free if you use the voucher :)
    Who says desktop tools are expensive.
    I mean there is awesome stuff included!

• @syrupcore said:
    A lot of sounds/software for 20 bucks if you're into desktopy things.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/native-instruments-komplete-elements-software

Bonus for deal chasers: comes with a $30 voucher towards other NI stuff. That's friendly math if you're in the market.

Ooh nice, thanks - will have to check this out.

• edited April 2017

Bugger, doesn't ship to U.K., and the UK stores don't even have it in stock (at higher price). But hang on, I've already got this with my Maschine Mikro package....doh

• and you can run this in elements or no?

• upon research, looks like it requires version 6.

• @kobamoto said:
    and you can run this in elements or no?

I don't think so, think you need the full thing.

Elements is worth having, there's some good stuff in there and I use GuitarRig all the time in Logic.

• You need the full Reaktor 6. Reaktor 6 was also available for just 99 bucks a while ago, not the update or crossgrade, the full version.
    N.I. gives also nice gifts from time to time which you even can upgrade to bigger version sometimes (like Replika to Replika XT, the best delay+ ever. It even has a touch screen mode :) ).
    Reaktor 6 is the most flexible synth engine you could get (beside coding your own DSP).

• edited April 2017

@Cib said:
    You need the full Reaktor 6. Reaktor 6 was also available for just 99 bucks a while ago, not the update or crossgrade, the full version.
    N.I. gives also nice gifts from time to time which you even can upgrade to bigger version sometimes (like Replika to Replika XT, the best delay+ ever. It even has a touch screen mode :) ).
    Reaktor 6 is the most flexible synth engine you could get (beside coding your own DSP).

Definitely agree about Replika XT, upgraded to Reaktor 6 recently and I have to say, I'm a tad underwhelmed. The blocks are cool and all that, but I don' t know... However, it's future proofing, if nothing else.

• Just finally upgraded to Replika XT - really loving it!

• edited April 2017

Reaktor is the most interesting amazing software there is...if you want to get into the simple basics, like at least connect several instruments to make an ensemble...you have a huge choice

It's fantastic, the amount of ensembles available in user lib...over 4 000!!! And free!
    Just this fact makes it the least expensive platform with infinite possibilities....

Can you imagine how great iOS music making would be if it was based on the same idea?
    One platform, all apps would be interconnectible and compatible...one can dream right?

PS did anyone check out TIm Exile's FLOW? Excellent :)

• If I won the lottery the first things I'd buy are the full version of Komplete, top spec MacBook Pro, and fancy MIDI controller. Then I'd lock the door and get lost in music making heaven.

• edited April 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    If I won the lottery the first things I'd buy are the full version of Komplete, top spec MacBook Pro, and fancy MIDI controller. Then I'd lock the door and get lost in music making heaven.

You really don't need all of that....Komplete is just too much...
    I have an X220 and an AMD based PC and an old PCR300 (one of the best midi controllers) IMHO...

Don't really need a 3000£ mac either...lol
    Ableton, Reaktor and Battery 3 (or 4) and it's heaven guaranteed without breaking a bank
    And all runs well...on Windows 10/64bit

• @soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:
    If I won the lottery the first things I'd buy are the full version of Komplete, top spec MacBook Pro, and fancy MIDI controller. Then I'd lock the door and get lost in music making heaven.

I have an X220 and an AMD based PC and an old PCR300 (one of the best midi controllers) IMHO...

Ableton, Reaktor and Battery 3 (or 4) and it's heaven guaranteed without breaking a bank

I've got an old PC and PCR300 - still want Komplete though :)

I've got the Elements content, I'd love to be able to run some of their new synths and samplers though. Perhaps I need to check out individual bits such as Reaktor and see how affordable it is.

• This thing has some good sounds and at this price it's probably a good value. Almost bought it a year or two ago - had to get a refund because the online shop ran out of license codes. Then I learnt that there was no upgrade path from Komplete Elements to the full version and that you couldn't really use free Kontakt instruments with it. So, don't regret not getting it at all

• @soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

Have you managed to get the PCR300 to run on Win10? Or do you use 5 pin MIDI?

• @MonzoPro said:

@soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

I've got the Elements content, I'd love to be able to run some of their new synths and samplers though. Perhaps I need to check out individual bits such as Reaktor and see how affordable it is.

NI occasionally do silly sales, bought Reaktor a few years back for £99. Waiting for another sale on the upgrade to 6 because I have been getting back into it recently and want to get past the frustrations I have with apps that don't include the features I want. Saying that, they reduced the price of Reaktor 6 a while back and the full version is now only £189. There are some crazy noise makers included even before you start creating your own.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

Unfortunately 5pin midi. I can't even edit my templates because it's incompatible with Windows 10 as you probably know....

• @soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

Unfortunately 5pin midi. I can't even edit my templates because it's incompatible with Windows 10 as you probably know....

I'm pissed off with Roland for dropping support for this controller - had to kludge it to get it to work with my Mac, my PC is still on 7 so works ok with this.

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

NI occasionally do silly sales, bought Reaktor a few years back for £99. Waiting for another sale on the upgrade to 6 because I have been getting back into it recently and want to get past the frustrations I have with apps that don't include the features I want. Saying that, they reduced the price of Reaktor 6 a while back and the full version is now only £189. There are some crazy noise makers included even before you start creating your own.

Hmmm, still a bit pricey for me. I'll keep an eye on the sales though...

• edited April 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'm pissed off with Roland for dropping support for this controller - had to kludge it to get it to work with my Mac, my PC is still on 7 so works ok with this.

Yes, this is really poor customer service from Roland. Have seen a couple of hacks that I will try, when I get around to it. Got both a 300 and a 800 ...

• 99 € is a fantastic deal...you can go and see what is available at Reaktor lib,
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/

• edited April 2017

@DeVlaeminck said:

@MonzoPro said:

@soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, this is really poor customer service from Roland. Have seen a couple of hacks that I will try, when I get around to it. Got both a 300 and a 800 ...

I think they are (PCR) some of the best controllers....easy to edit, I do everything on PCR itself.
    It changes programs, midi channels, time .....also wish they update the driver at Edirol/Roland

• edited April 2017

Well, with Reaktor only your imagination (and cpu) limits you.
    I always wanted a Mitosynth plug-in and maybe i should try to create my personal one with Reaktor 6.
    It´s all a bit overwhelming at the beginning but after a while it makes click and isn´t much more complicated to create a Reaktor instrument than a complex patch in a synth like Alchemy, Model 15 etc.
    I mean even for the full price it´s not really expensive when you think you could create or emulate nearly all software synths ever created. You even can virtually build your own transistors and chips and whatever.
    I´m just not really happy with the GUI.
    Oh it would be great to have a better multi-touch support and "convert to iOS" button for things you have done in Reaktor 6 :D
    But i could imagine in a few years maybe when the market gets better (or not, who knows) that N.I. take also iOS more serious. But we, the customers, decide that at the end.
    However, don´t expect it to be 20-30 dollar then :)
    The ZDF filters and a lot other stuff in Reaktor is fantastic. You just have to learn to program efficient and not waste resources.
    I think Reaktor blocks are just brilliant.

• edited April 2017

I mean if you just "play" synths it might be not the right thing and there are for sure some better GUI´s but f.e. i mean this new 5 blocks (which will be free as well) are just genius and combine a great GUI with things would be usable for touch screens as well. I would call them performence blocks :#

So at the end if you just use a few of the bigger tools and learn them inside out you will have a lot fun and it´s not as expensive as it looks for what you get and can do.
    The closest thing to this might be Audiobus 3 as host for all the "modules" and midi events to connect with each other.

• Great to see some new blocks on the way. Regarding blocks, perhaps I've been a bit underwhelmed by them as I have no idea as to what you would do with a modular approach to synthesis - maybe it's time to delve into that side of things :). Maybe I'm just not that taken with NI's recent direction - I wasn't too impressed by 'Form', 'Rounds' etc. either. There's loads of great ensembles for (up to) R5 and less so for R6 (from what I've heard)

• edited April 2017

@Igneous1 said:
    Great to see some new blocks on the way. Regarding blocks, perhaps I've been a bit underwhelmed by them as I have no idea as to what you would do with a modular approach to synthesis - maybe it's time to delve into that side of things :). Maybe I'm just not that taken with NI's recent direction - I wasn't too impressed by 'Form', 'Rounds' etc. either. There's loads of great ensembles for (up to) R5 and less so for R6 (from what I've heard)

I would be happy if i could get Form and Rounds for iOS. Especially Form.
    My favorite Reaktor synth is still Prism.
    The great thing is you can combine that all into your own instrument and like said could in theory recreate 99% of all iOS synths (or even desktop).
    Of course it could take months or years to create a really large instrument or ensemble.
    But it´s great that you can dive into all the layers behind the blocks and can change them to your likings.
    Another thing is that (at least i think that) that blocks sounds just really really good.
    And all that works of course at audio rate everywhere.
    It´s however the most powerful environment for synthesis i would say.....or learn to code your won unique DSP.
    I´m still a bloody beginner but it´s a lifetime project to learn Reaktor :D

• For me, buying Komplete was one of the best purchases I've ever made for making music. I haven't made much use of Reaktor, the game-changer for me has been owning the full version of Kontakt. This has made it possible to get some amazing free and paid virtual instruments.

There's a guy, Karsten Vogt, on the VI: Control forum who has kept a spreadsheet of NI sales. (You might have to scroll down to find it) This was posted last October, so it doesn't include the 50% off deal that happened in November.

http://vi-control.net/community/threads/black-friday-2016-what-can-we-expect.56463/page-5#post-4004563

I'm hoping that there will be something like last year's 50% off on Komplete updates and upgrades in the next few months, as I'd like to upgrade to Ultimate. They do this pretty regularly.
    http://rekkerd.org/native-instruments-launches-spring-into-sound-promotion/

• @Reid said:
    For me, buying Komplete was one of the best purchases I've ever made for making music. I haven't made much use of Reaktor, the game-changer for me has been owning the full version of Kontakt. This has made it possible to get some amazing free and paid virtual instruments.

There's a guy, Karsten Vogt, on the VI: Control forum who has kept a spreadsheet of NI sales. (You might have to scroll down to find it) This was posted last October, so it doesn't include the 50% off deal that happened in November.

http://vi-control.net/community/threads/black-friday-2016-what-can-we-expect.56463/page-5#post-4004563

I'm hoping that there will be something like last year's 50% off on Komplete updates and upgrades in the next few months, as I'd like to upgrade to Ultimate. They do this pretty regularly.
    http://rekkerd.org/native-instruments-launches-spring-into-sound-promotion/

Indeed, if you own the full versions you can get so much great stuff for free or a few bucks.
    I just use the Kontakt Player yet but could use the crossgrade due to some libraries i own. The crossgrade is also 50% off every 1-2 years i think. I missed the last one to grab it for €124,50. Next time i will grab it (the boxed version).
    I hoped for an easter sale....nothing for me this year.
    But they also have sometimes spring, summer, winter and whatever sales :D
    I even get confused by all the sales and don´t buy anymore plug-ins at full price because you know there will be a sale, or even super sale (like those rare 80-99% off sales), group buy etc.
    It´s really a big amount of money you can save sometimes (i remember i got Animoog for a dollar).
    The N.I. support was a bit slow when i needed them but at least they sold all my problems and i even got a voucher because it took them longer. You really get catched by the offers.
    I often prefer independent developers but at least you know that such big companies are future proof for a while and they just can offer you more.
    Another thing is there are so much tutorials and demos to get you started with all their stuff.
    These are a few things i miss on iOS. But maybe it´s good that the big players are still more in the background there.
    It would be hard to compete with this stuff and bundle offers.

• @soundklinik said:

@MonzoPro said:

Sending Future Drummer (coming soon) into Battery is an extra cloud in heaven...