Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to make fine adjustments in Gadget for iOS

Just found out that in Gadget for iOS, if you make a flick motion on a knob you can change the value in 1-step increments. Just flick up to increase and down to decrease

Comments

• It can be a bit finicky but I've found if you use your finger slightly slanted, like you are actually trying to flick something off the screen, it works best.

Strange way of doing this, but nice that it's actually there

• Like every other korg app.
    On a more general note: Rtfm guys, manuals are meant to be read.

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Like every other korg app.
    On a more general note: Rtfm guys, manuals are meant to be read.

I've never seen this in the Gadget manual, but maybe I missed it'll? Anyway KORG posted it on their FB page, which is where I found it :smile:

• you really didn't know that?I couldn't use gadget without this :smiley:

• Ok, this is fantastic. Anyone that read the manual could explain me something else ? I know there's a way to stop the automation quantising to the grid so that you can draw super smooth automation. But I just cannot remember how to do it. Can some please please point me in the right direction ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Ok, this is fantastic. Anyone that read the manual could explain me something else ? I know there's a way to stop the automation quantising to the grid so that you can draw super smooth automation. But I just cannot remember how to do it. Can some please please point me in the right direction ?

I would assume Function -> Grid: Off

But I just tried and it seems to still do 1/64 steps :disappointed:

• @Peter321 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Ok, this is fantastic. Anyone that read the manual could explain me something else ? I know there's a way to stop the automation quantising to the grid so that you can draw super smooth automation. But I just cannot remember how to do it. Can some please please point me in the right direction ?

I would assume Function -> Grid: Off

But I just tried and it seems to still do 1/64 steps :disappointed:

Yep. It still goes 1/64 with the grid off. But i clearly remember seeing in a video that you can make it completely free. Just can't remember what video it was....

• I just wish they include a double tap to go back to default (zero) value.
    If i change the pitch in Odyssei it's nearly impossible to go back :o

• @Cib said:
    I just wish they include a double tap to go back to default (zero) value.

It's just super bad UI design on the Odyssei. Just look at Thor how beautifully they solved this problem...

• @Cib said:
    I just wish they include a double tap to go back to default (zero) value.

Small big thing, but I double tap everything now and if it doesn't reset to 'the middle' I get a stab of despair and love said app just a little less....

• Uh oh looks like Korg is reading their support forum again. I hope they have thick skins

• @Peter321 said:
    Just found out that in Gadget for iOS, if you make a flick motion on a knob you can change the value in 1-step increments. Just flick up to increase and down to decrease

Thanks for this by the way. Am often struggling in Helsinki to get exactly back to where I was and this works well.

• Can't imagine how it's like doing a lot in Gadget without this :)
    Thought everyone knew.

It's been mention before here, but in case people still struggle to fine adjust tempo: tap underneath or above the tempo value.