Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MusicStreamer just updated with AB and IAA

The best just got better
MusicStreamer by Stratospherix Ltd
https://appsto.re/dk/YJ-z6.i
Had not seen this coming at all. What a nice surprise

Comments

• Tell me why I would want this?

And how much is it in US$?

I am not being snarky, I just am wondering.

• Lets you stream any audio you have on a nas drive into Audiobus. Or just as a general Apple Music app replacement.

• @RustiK
    Having my entire music collection on NAS, this is a very pleasant interface for IOS, it has some nice easy to use functionality, like playlists. And now I'm able to stream directly to audioshare or whatever AB audioreceiver, with or without fx or however you would like to do in AB. Could obviously be handy in amsampling workflow Haven't yet got my head around the possibilities, but I do see some great potential. If you indeed keep a NAS based musiccollection, that is. I'm not affiliated with Stratospherix in any way, I just love their apps.

• As mentioned, this is a great music player if you have your music on a network share (doesn't have to be a NAS per say, you can also serve up music from your Mac or PC directly). Very slick and smooth in operation. I looked around for a long time for an app that filled this niche, and settled on this one in the end.

In terms of this new update with Audiobus/IAA, it basically allows your entire music library to be instantly available for sampling on your iOS device, without having to have any of the files actually reside on that device. It also allows you to download any of your music for offline use if you wish.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    @RustiK
    Having my entire music collection on NAS, this is a very pleasant interface for IOS, it has some nice easy to use functionality, like playlists. And now I'm able to stream directly to audioshare or whatever AB audioreceiver, with or without fx or however you would like to do in AB. Could obviously be handy in amsampling workflow Haven't yet got my head around the possibilities, but I do see some great potential. If you indeed keep a NAS based musiccollection, that is. I'm not affiliated with Stratospherix in any way, I just love their apps.

Cool

I bought it.

Thanks

• @busker said:
    As mentioned, this is a great music player if you have your music on a network share (doesn't have to be a NAS per say, you can also serve up music from your Mac or PC directly). Very slick and smooth in operation. I looked around for a long time for an app that filled this niche, and settled on this one in the end.

In terms of this new update with Audiobus/IAA, it basically allows your entire music library to be instantly available for sampling on your iOS device, without having to have any of the files actually reside on that device. It also allows you to download any of your music for offline use if you wish.

Thanks, that was my take on it too.

Having a huge audio collection on my PC I see the appeal in taking selected tracks with me offline (I do a lot of travelling) and using them in the various apps that support AB/IAA.

Not sure there is anything else out there that lets me do it so easily so considering adding it to my toolbag.

• Hey @BiancaNeve , I'm PMing you cause i don't wish to look like a fool, but what is this NAS they speak of?

• NAS = Network Attached Storage.

Basically a hard drive with connection to your wifi network, might be standalone or might be a drive in your pc or connected to your pc

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network-attached_storage

• So can we connect an external hard drive to the iPhone via CCK?
    Please for give my ignorance. :#

• Does this app have a web browser or download for PC?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    So can we connect an external hard drive to the iPhone via CCK?
    Please for give my ignorance. :#

No, but you can connect it to your laptop/desktop and share it from there

@RustiK said:
    Does this app have a web browser or download for PC?

It doesn't have a webbrowser. Not shure what you mean by "download for PC".

Check this website, it's like a manual for the app:
    http://www.stratospherix.com/products/musicstreamer/

• @RustiK said:
    Does this app have a web browser or download for PC?

If you are asking if you need a special server or PC program to use the app, the answer is no. Basically you just share your music folder normally from your Mac, PC or NAS, and then the app will scan your network share and make all your music available for playing, downloading or Audiobus/IAA.

• edited April 2017

good to have a music streamer for Audiobus. Although, after installing and connecting to my NAS music folder, it is now scanning the entire collection (about 100 GB). This will take hours to complete.

With FileBrowser, also from Stratospherix, it is much easier. No scanning, direct access to the original folder structure. Select folder or subfolder, select the first track, and it starts playing.

Edit: so, after 3-4 hours my music library was scanned. But MusicStreamer works only standalone. All attempts to load MusicStreamer into AUM or Garageband failed completely. In AB3 it does not play well or not at all (I press play and there is no playback).

• Hi Phil. Big collections will take a while to scan, but then finding and building play lists, searching etc is almost instant. If you add/remove/change your library, a rescan will be much quicker. For Audiobus/InterAppAudio, ensure it's enabled (use the cog menu). The change won't register until you start a new track playing. If playback isn't routing through properly, use the task manager and swipe up on MusicStreamer, then restart the app from Audiobus. Hope this helps!
    Paul from Stratospherix

• Thanks for the recommendation, guys! I'll check this one out.
    I already have a feature request, @PaulB: can we have split screen mode, please? It would be very useful! Thanks!

• @Munibeast said:
    Thanks for the recommendation, guys! I'll check this one out.
    I already have a feature request, @PaulB: can we have split screen mode, please? It would be very useful! Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. MusicStreamer was designed before Apple created iPad Pro split screen mode so it's a tricky one. I've added it to our 'futures' list!

• @PaulB said:

@Munibeast said:
    Thanks for the recommendation, guys! I'll check this one out.

Thanks for the suggestion. MusicStreamer was designed before Apple created iPad Pro split screen mode so it's a tricky one. I've added it to our 'futures' list!

Thanks!