Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm seriously thinking of KRFT

I want an app that will possibly encourage making "new kinds" of music. Does it allow new means of control and flexible enough that if offers a lot of variety in its sound?

Does KRFT lend itself this way or you think it is biased towards a certain "style" of music?
I get the feeling its a long the lines of Figure or iMaschine?

Man, I know I'm not asking this well, but can't seem to find better words!! sorry...

suffice to say I would love some feedback...

stumblingly,

Greg

Comments

• KRFT is awesome! it does slant towards a certain range of electronic synth style (I find it rather wide but that is subjective). However, when it gets midi out in the near future (which the devs says it will) then the doors are completely blown open and it can be used for a massive range of music. Do get it! I am pretty sure i can confidently say if you get to know how it works now, then soon you can enjoy using it to control your many iPad music resources.

PS. Despite my avatar and raving I am not affiliated with KRFT Corp Concern Manufacturing Syndicate.

• @AudioGus said:
    KRFT is awesome! it does slant towards a certain range of electronic synth style (I find it rather wide but that is subjective). However, when it gets midi out in the near future (which the devs says it will) then the doors are completely blown open and it can be used for a massive range of music. Do get it! I am pretty sure i can confidently say if you get to know how it works now, then soon you can enjoy using it to control your many iPad music resources.

PS. Despite my avatar and raving I am not affiliated with KRFT Corp Concern Manufacturing Syndicate.

haha! o, thanks! you've very nearly convinced me. Appreciate the response!

• @gkillmaster said:

@AudioGus said:
    KRFT is awesome! it does slant towards a certain range of electronic synth style (I find it rather wide but that is subjective). However, when it gets midi out in the near future (which the devs says it will) then the doors are completely blown open and it can be used for a massive range of music. Do get it! I am pretty sure i can confidently say if you get to know how it works now, then soon you can enjoy using it to control your many iPad music resources.

I got the thing. Yeh, its cool! I think I'll be able to achieve some my tendancies very well.... thanks...

• @gkillmaster said:

@gkillmaster said:

@AudioGus said:

I got the thing. Yeh, its cool! I think I'll be able to achieve some my tendancies very well.... thanks...

Cool! Glad to hear! once it has midi out... well... all those apps with midi learn (Sugar bytes, patterning etc) and ccs ready for pouncing on... glorious.

• Buy it before everyone figures out how amazing it is and it costs $20 dollars.

• Was one of the early adopters (with noiz and asking about creating our own surfaces) and U can certainly use it in different contexts. The cool thing about it is making a structure on the fly has you go. If you like to jam with apps for hours while the clock is running, it is certainly a big contender in that regard.

Once the sample slicer instruments or midi out comes in future update, it will open up even more.

• KRFT is Lemur with a focused perspective on creating music and enjoying the process of building your performance structure. It allows you to create a system of instruments in a way that you determine is the correct way to play them. It's fun and a joy to use.

• @echoopera said:
    KRFT is Lemur with a focused perspective on creating music and enjoying the process of building your performance structure. It allows you to create a system of instruments in a way that you determine is the correct way to play them. It's fun and a joy to use.

I hope those two very well put sentences are in your app review :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:
    KRFT is Lemur with a focused perspective on creating music and enjoying the process of building your performance structure. It allows you to create a system of instruments in a way that you determine is the correct way to play them. It's fun and a joy to use.

They are now.

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

They are now.

O good. Thank you! Great way to put it!