Beathawk expansion packs - what do you have? what do you recommend?

I have:

Brass Riffs
Choirs
Guitar Loops
String Ensembles
8o8
Tutti Orchestra

Of these, I highly recommend Choirs, String Ensembles, and Tutti Orchestra. The others are OK.

I'm looking at Baroque (like the guitar), Mello (the "ahh voice in the demo sounds awesome. Is it?), Middle Eastern (playable violin sounds cool), and ElectroPop (like the retro loops). Recommendations?

-Scarlet Jerry

Comments

  • 17 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • I have them all and like them all as each of them serve their purpose. SO, my question to you is, are you looking to produce a specific genre(s), or are you more of an experimenter who produces music that really doesn't fit into any genre?

  • Trip Hop has some great drum kits, Acoustic Piano is pretty solid too

  • Grand piano sounds pretty tight

  • Jwm-

    I like creating soundtrack/orchestral music and some pop.

    Scarlet Jerry

  • Also, I have the Pianos in Module and the iGrand Piano and iaps. Is the grand piano in Beathawk that much better than either of these?

  • edited April 21 Vote Up0

    @scarletjerry said:
    Also, I have the Pianos in Module and the iGrand Piano and iaps. Is the grand piano in Beathawk that much better than either of these?

    I don't have iGrand, Module is nice but there's something quirky in the velocity response that throws me off a bit. Also BeatHawk is the only one that's supports AU so that's another plus.

  • Good point about AU. I was looking at the Mello expansion, even though I already have some Mellotron libraries. The vocal in the demo sounds cool, but I can't find another demo online.

  • Asia
    Baroque
    Choirs
    Greece & Turkey
    Latin Percussion
    Middle East
    808
    World Percussion

    hopeful for more from their World Suite.

  • Hey guys, just a quick question. Loving Beathawk but am having problems with the Mello expansion pack. In particular the Church organ sounds. They dont always seem to work when using the pitch keys. Some pitches work whilst others I get no sound from hitting the keys. Wondering if anyone else is having problems with it. Using ipad 12 inch with latest ios. Thanks for reading.

  • I don't own it but I will buy it tonight and test. I'll report back. By the way, how is the choir sound of the Mello? Is it more than one patch?

    Scarlet Jerry

  • @scarletjerry said:
    I don't own it but I will buy it tonight and test. I'll report back. By the way, how is the choir sound of the Mello? Is it more than one patch?

    Scarlet Jerry

    There are 2 choir patches and they sound great to my ears. Great sounding patches all around bar that church organ.....

  • Asia
    Atlanta urban
    Electric piano
    Greece and Turkey
    Latin percussion
    808
    Middle East
    String ensembles
    Trip hop
    Tutti orchestra
    West coast urban
    World percussion

    I really dig the Atlanta/west coast urban packs for my drums...

    tutti is good but String Ensembles is the best set of orchestral samples I've ever used (limited to just Logic and Ableton Suite orchestral packs)

    Asia is great, worth it just for the Koto

    And of course dat Electric Piano is mega sexy

  • @Letmeloose said:
    Hey guys, just a quick question. Loving Beathawk but am having problems with the Mello expansion pack. In particular the Church organ sounds. They dont always seem to work when using the pitch keys. Some pitches work whilst others I get no sound from hitting the keys. Wondering if anyone else is having problems with it. Using ipad 12 inch with latest ios. Thanks for reading.

    I purchased the Mello IAP and can confirm that the organ has missing samples. That's disappointing, but on a positive note, I purchased the Latin percussion collection and it's a great deal, especially at the price.

    Scarlet Jerry

  • edited April 23 Vote Up0

    @Letmeloose said:

    @scarletjerry said:
    I don't own it but I will buy it tonight and test. I'll report back. By the way, how is the choir sound of the Mello? Is it more than one patch?

    Scarlet Jerry

    There are 2 choir patches and they sound great to my ears. Great sounding patches all around bar that church organ.....

    @letmeloose I can confirm that the organ sound is missing some notes. That's disappointing.
    On a positive note, I purchased the Latin percussion, and it's a great deal for $1.99.

    I'm looking at the Asia pack now....

    -Scarlet Jerry

  • Yeah, the Mello organs missing notes sucks, so I wrote Uvi. No doubt it'll be rectified soon.

  • i just mapped beat hawk to my mpd226. havent had a chance to play it. mapping is such a chore.

  • @scarletjerry said:

    @Letmeloose said:

    @scarletjerry said:
    I don't own it but I will buy it tonight and test. I'll report back. By the way, how is the choir sound of the Mello? Is it more than one patch?

    Scarlet Jerry

    There are 2 choir patches and they sound great to my ears. Great sounding patches all around bar that church organ.....

    @letmeloose I can confirm that the organ sound is missing some notes. That's disappointing.
    On a positive note, I purchased the Latin percussion, and it's a great deal for $1.99.

    I'm looking at the Asia pack now....

    -Scarlet Jerry

    Thanks for checking it out. At least I can rest my mind knowing that its not just my app acting up. Hopefully it gets patched up, the patch has some nice tones. I have had my finger on the buy button for the Latin percussion as well. Will have to pick it up too.
    Thanks again.

Sign In or Register to comment.