Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordflow now available in the App Store!

Comments

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    That's cool! Thanks for your prompt response.
    Any hope of a midi in someday to be able to actually enter the chord via midi from another app say from Audiobus Midi keyboard? I think it is absolutely awesome to be able to do that especially on an iPad with the new keyboard that can be split into two keyboards and at way different octaves. I think that would be so great to have in your app.

I guess it is possible, but I should think out how exactly this will look like in the current app design.

• Thank you!
    One of the things that Chordbot truly is missing IMHO, is a way to enter chords in realtime as the song is playing where the internal sound engine wold change the chords automatically as I chose them via an external keyboard or internal IOS keyboard from what ever app.

I wonder if this could be a possibility with this app where say I have one of the midi channels set to play a Bass part, and the other chords for Pads, etc., and have say my drum parts syncing up with this app as all the parts play together. This is my dream app!

Being a realtime composer, means i like to play the chords and have the system do its interactivity as I enter the chords manually. Of course, this would be perfect for Bass, Pads, and melody tracks, and drums, but i know drums are not available in your app, so I would use an external app for that.

I hope my post makes sense.. Thank you.

• This is the part that intrigues me from the description:

• @ChordUp said:
    Hi! Thanks all for many awesome suggestions for the ChordFlow! My TODO list now doesn't fit into one screen. It is very cool!

And there is another cool thing I like to share. So far all my apps were just a hobby for me. I was not able to support my family just making the apps, and I was working on them only on my spare time. But the ChordFlow start was quite successful, in my opinion, so I have decided to leave my day job and direct all my efforts to the app making. First of all into implementing all the planned features for the ChordFlow.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or suggestions.

PS:

If you already bought ChordFlow and like it, please rate it on the App Store. It really helps!

Best wishes,
    Dmitry

Ballsy move to ditch the day job, I wish you well.

• @Chordup best wishes making apps your living! You've got i!

• @ChordUp hey hey, look who made a video review for your app! Rudess himself! That's a serious achievement :smile:

• @ilya said:
    @ChordUp hey hey, look who made a video review for your app! Rudess himself! That's a serious achievement :smile:

It would have been a bit better to show some more, er, musical examples ... IMO, etc.

As it stands it just sounds like a chaos generator.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@ilya said:
    @ChordUp hey hey, look who made a video review for your app! Rudess himself! That's a serious achievement :smile:

It would have been a bit better to show some more, er, musical examples ... IMO, etc.

As it stands it just sounds like a chaos generator.

My thoughts too - as a fence-sitter, didn't really sell it to me that one.

All the examples I've seen seem to be producing an intensive, relentless racket, that gives me a headache pretty quickly - I don't need this app to help me do that. I'd like to see some examples of how (if possible) it can be used in a more subtle way - with a few breaks and rests between notes.

• @skiphunt said:

@Ocsprey said:
    I'd like some more presets! Many good suggestions here - tho in itself works great for a release, and I like drawing music apps - seem still in the early stage of their possibilities.

Hello, my name is Skip Hunt... and I have a problem.

We should form sort of an AA for apps and sponsor each other when we're getting weak. ;)

I'll start, my name is Doug and I'm an Appoholic

Anyone else

• My Name is Reik, and i'm Appoholic too.

• I'm Matt, always trying to be excited for the next big thing and to support innovative devs but really trying to make the most of what I have now and reduce the guilt that comes from buying yet another thing that I'm not using to it's potential.

Because that feeling ... really ... nags.

• Ended up buying this app, and though I haven't spent that much time with it yet.. so far I love drawing and playing the compositions on the fly. Looking forward to spending more time with it, but no regret thus far. :)

@TheVimFuego yep, that feeling really nags me too. Lately, I've been at least taking more time to decide, then going through all of the apps I already have, picking 2 or 3 that haven't spent much time with or fully understood yet, and having a good play with them for a couple hours at least. So far, this has worked well to allow me to pass on some apps that I really don't need and that I might've snapped up without hesitation before.

Also trying to migrate back to the desktop in Logic Pro X more too.

• WOW, just picked this up the other day.

So amazing.

• @ChordUp

I have never been so productive writing, thank you for this amazing app!

• @AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

I love this one too. How do you use it?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

I thought we agreed we weren't telling folks about this one?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

I thought we agreed we weren't telling folks about this one?

I keep forgetting. I'll do better next time.

• edited August 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Two ipads, each with Chordflow going into a laptop driving Massive running in Samplitude. Battery is being driven by Future Drummer. Sometimes Midilfos into Massive. Right now I am just making quick one to two minute sketches recording midi in Samplitude. The best/most cohesive sketches I will expand on and edit into an 'album demo'. I just feel like working on a single album concept with a clean process, building up multiple tracks at the same time in unified passes. Anyway, I have this week off and it has been many years since I had any extended time to just relax and be creative at home, without worrying about family/health/job etc. Plus the air has just cleared from the past two weeks of crazy bad forest fires and smoke. I couldn't breath/sleep, was going super nutty, ranting in forums etc hehe. So yah I am totally enjoying this break, finaly! :)

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Two ipads, each with Chordflow going into a laptop driving Massive running in Samplitude. Battery is being driven by Future Drummer. Sometimes Midilfos into Massive. Right now I am just making quick one to two minute sketches recording midi in Samplitude. The best/most cohesive sketches I will expand on and edit into an 'album demo'. I just feel like working on a single album concept with a clean process, building up multiple tracks at the same time in unified passes. Anyway, I have this week off and it has been many years since I had any extended time to just relax and be creative at home, without worrying about family/health/job etc. Plus the air has just cleared from the past two weeks of crazy bad forest fires and smoke. I couldn't breath/sleep, was going super nutty, ranting in forums etc hehe. So yah I am totally enjoying this break, finaly! :)

Buy nothing, type nothing, play only, report back :)

• This app looks very cool, but it appears to suffer the same (for me) fatal flaw as Fugue Machine, in that the rhythms are stiff. Is there any way to phrase the rhythms and make them swing, or at least sound human?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    This app looks very cool, but it appears to suffer the same (for me) fatal flaw as Fugue Machine, in that the rhythms are stiff. Is there any way to phrase the rhythms and make them swing, or at least sound human?

You can use AB3 midi filters for that. I do this a lot with the probability gate and randomizer for velocity and timing etc You can't add swing but that'll help.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Is there any way to phrase the rhythms and make them swing, or at least sound human?

Maybe buy one of the last 4 of these available.

It uses DIN plugs but allows you to impart your own feel via velocity and aftertouch to any grid/rigid midi events.

The original idea is to do grid based programming and then play along with only two keys/pads/notes and impart your feel which is recorded on a fresh track.

How it works

• @Carnbot said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    This app looks very cool, but it appears to suffer the same (for me) fatal flaw as Fugue Machine, in that the rhythms are stiff. Is there any way to phrase the rhythms and make them swing, or at least sound human?

You can use AB3 midi filters for that. I do this a lot with the probability gate and randomizer for velocity and timing etc You can't add swing but that'll help.

This is what I do too.

• edited August 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Here is my report. Spent Tuesday night to this morning with severe, mysterious abdominal pains, unable to sleep or sit. Was quite easy to roll around on the couch groaning though. Went to the emergency room, got a ct scan and tests done. Nothing conclusive, but I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the mysterious large lump they removed from my neck a few months ago. Back to work Monday, yay! SOB. Trying not to be a misserable prick about it... it's hard.

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Here is my report. Spent Tuesday night to this morning with severe, mysterious abdominal pains, unable to sleep or sit. Was quite easy to roll around on the couch groaning though. Went to the emergency room, got a ct scan and tests done. Nothing conclusive, but I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the mysterious large lump they removed from my neck a few months ago. Back to work Monday, yay! SOB. Trying not to be a misserable prick about it... it's hard.

Ugh. Mysterious and unexpected pain anguish. Not good. Can't decide if you were shouting son of a bitch or just having a heartfelt sob. Don't blame you for either reaction. Or both. Personal believer in stoicism (it's cultural) but miserable prickdom is entirely valid. Especially if this unknown lurgy doesn't even buy you a damn week off work...in my earlier Doctor Orangepeel days I would have recommended Thunderbird and pet tranquilizers, but for now I wish 12 hours good sleep. Keep us posted.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Ugh. Mysterious and unexpected pain anguish. Not good. Can't decide if you were shouting son of a bitch or just having a heartfelt sob. Don't blame you for either reaction. Or both. Personal believer in stoicism (it's cultural) but miserable prickdom is entirely valid. Especially if this unknown lurgy doesn't even buy you a damn week off work...in my earlier Doctor Orangepeel days I would have recommended Thunderbird and pet tranquilizers, but for now I wish 12 hours good sleep. Keep us posted.

Yah that was a heartfelt sob.

On the plus side I just saw my first cougar (of the feline variety) while grilling steaks! Whoot! Spirit animal for the win!

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Yah that was a heartfelt sob.

On the plus side I just saw my first cougar (of the feline variety) while grilling steaks! Whoot! Spirit animal for the win!

Man, steaks AND a cougar-spotting. That's winning!
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Hmmm...about these pet tranquilizers...?

Anyway, one of my favorite rockandroll quotes come from Eric Bloom of Blue Oyster Cult::
    "The first time I ever gigged with the band, I was all tore up on hog tranks"
    You just don't hear young musicians talk like that these days...

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    @ChordUp

Hmmm...about these pet tranquilizers...?

Anyway, one of my favorite rockandroll quotes come from Eric Bloom of Blue Oyster Cult::
    "The first time I ever gigged with the band, I was all tore up on hog tranks"
    You just don't hear young musicians talk like that these days...

Hah! Awesome! So weird, I just decided to load up on Blue Oyster Cult and Nazareth albums about an hour ago. Never did get to them too well before, but now is the time. What a strange coincidence.

And thanks, I am starting to feel much much better. :)