Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordflow now available in the App Store!

Comments

• I like this app, but I do regret dropping $7 on it. I thought it would be more full-featured, and I'm not sure how I feel about the approach to just get something released and fill out the features in patches later. I do enjoy the additions, but it seems like it could result in people like me being a lot more gun shy before pulling the trigger on a new app.

That said, it's a nice looking app, a great example of what a touch interface can bring, and I am excited about its potential.

I think splitting midi channels would be cool, but what would almost be cooler to me is velocity, ability to select all four notes at once for easy chord construction, different keys, and the ability to load multiple instances so I could assign four notes per instance to different synth apps. I don't know if it would need to be AU to do that, or if AB3 would allow it.

• Great app, I love it! Played with the beta version before purchase and got some nice results with Gadget and Link, recorded some interesting chord progressions with some out of key chords and then some fitting bass and lead lines, good stuff. Maybe more voices would be nice. Looking forward to the feature additions.

• This app is a mix between Chordbot (for the chord progression) and Fugue (for the insta-creation of new melody). Very interesting anyway and definitely worth the intro price imo

• I like it so far. I like to think of this as an easier way to make sequenced and not constantly repeating traditional arpeggios. I find it faster to program than steppolyarp and cream. But when feeling in a tenacious mood as i sometimes do, I'm imagining cool results using both, as @Ocsprey did already.

However, the amount of time i gained sequencing arps, I lost some of that choosing from the chord list and having to change the lenght of each section. Why press twice to get to that menu? I also already knew my desired chord proggression before launching the app. As someone here already stated, MIDI in would be desirable or any type of way to audition chords from within.

But i still find this useful. I'm using it with the MIDIflow adapter thing. Link works good. I just wish the transport would stop when stopping the other app Link transports. Only chordflow is left playing and it's the only one not AB compatible, so i need to switch apps the old fashioned way. First world problems, i know.

In conclusion, congrats guys. I find this very functional for my own thing, will continue to use it as is, but am hopeful for continued development.

• Needs the following, in order of importance:
    1. Ability to play through selected progression while auditioning chords in context.
    2. Inversions/pitching chords up or down a bit.
    3. Multiple midi channels
    4. Scale selection for root notes

• 1 not sure what you mean
    2 it has inversions in the sense you can set the root note of the chord
    3 and or midi ports

• I'm in the "see what the next update brings" camp. It has possibilities but a little limited for me right now.

• I'd like some more presets! Many good suggestions here - tho in itself works great for a release, and I like drawing music apps - seem still in the early stage of their possibilities.

• @Ocsprey said:
    I'd like some more presets! Many good suggestions here - tho in itself works great for a release, and I like drawing music apps - seem still in the early stage of their possibilities.

Hello, my name is Skip Hunt... and I have a problem.

We should form sort of an AA for apps and sponsor each other when we're getting weak. ;)

I'm thinking of getting this... not because I really need it, but it looks kinda like fun. I agree it's a bit limited in it's current state, but this dev has kept his other 2 apps updated and maintained... I'm guessing his new Chordflow baby will get lots a good lovin' for the next couple of months at least. Might be worth a Saturday Night Special bit of joy that's only a wee bit over pocket change level...

• @skiphunt said:

We should form sort of an AA for apps and sponsor each other when we're getting weak. ;)

Isn't THIS THAT place?

• @rkmonkey said:

@skiphunt said:

Isn't THIS THAT place?

No - THIS is the exact opposite of THAT place.

• This could do with a undo button and copy paste function so that you can keep a common theme/pattern when adding sections or maybe I'm missing something :neutral:

• @BiancaNeve said:

@rkmonkey said:

@skiphunt said:

Isn't THIS THAT place?

Indeed! More like a gaggle of enablers. ;)

• @Sbee said:
    This could do with a undo button and copy paste function so that you can keep a common theme/pattern when adding sections or maybe I'm missing something :neutral:

Pretty sure he already said that a copy paste function was coming.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Sbee said:
    This could do with a undo button and copy paste function so that you can keep a common theme/pattern when adding sections or maybe I'm missing something :neutral:

Pretty sure he already said that a copy paste function was coming.

So he did, on the first page it's called 'section cloning'... Thanks!

• edited April 2017

@skiphunt said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@rkmonkey said:

@skiphunt said:

Isn't THIS THAT place?

I love us addicts. I love the way we pretend that we will hold off on an app until it gets...... Or wait for the next great app or update.....

My score of this ratio is through the roof!

New App Purchase:music production

Waiting for THAT next app to get me going again....
    Yes, I bought this app immediately. May be the one...

1. Also, you can just draw-in your inversion @db909 :-)
  • edited April 2017

@rkmonkey said:

@skiphunt said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@rkmonkey said:

@skiphunt said:

Isn't THIS THAT place?

I love us addicts. I love the way we pretend that we will hold off on an app until it gets...... Or wait for the next great app or update.....

My score of this ratio is through the roof!

New App Purchase:music production

Waiting for THAT next app to get me going again....
    Yes, I bought this app immediately. May be the one...

I've been having some success abating new app purchases by diving into the toy box and revisiting what I already have and forgotten. Or, going deeper into those apps I have that I'm not proficient in. That's been working well so far, but I'm still interested in this one.

• The section cloning is clearly needed here--I keep searching around for the "copy" button that doesn't exist!

Anyone else long for a future release with the ability to trigger different sections with an external MIDI controller?

• I'd ask for: 1.Midichannel per colour,2.Copy section and 3.Save the tempo with a "song".
    But itˋs already a very useful app for quick song-pads.

• @ChordUp said:
    Hi guys! Glad you are already having some fun with the app. I didn't have enough time to implement all features I have planned for the app into the first release. I decided to release the app with only the most essential set of functionality, get the feedback from the users to collect the list of the features for the next release. Many good features already added to my TODO list, including AB support, MIDI channels for each track, Section cloning, Sequence randomization, Swing option and many more. Big thanks again to all who helped me with the beta-testing. It was a really enjoyable process.

i love it. it fills a void and has the user friendly functionality i need. look forward to the updates but i am up and running. def gonna be a go to. more tutorials would be great in the meantime

• @skiphunt said:

@Ocsprey said:
    I'd like some more presets! Many good suggestions here - tho in itself works great for a release, and I like drawing music apps - seem still in the early stage of their possibilities.

I'm thinking of getting this... not because I really need it, but it looks kinda like fun. I agree it's a bit limited in it's current state, but this dev has kept his other 2 apps updated and maintained... I'm guessing his new Chordflow baby will get lots a good lovin' for the next couple of months at least. Might be worth a Saturday Night Special bit of joy that's only a wee bit over pocket change level...

On the sobering side, it's really fun, but I always ask if it will make its way into my daily workflow, and for that would require easier pickingof scales and the like with easier GUI access,more presets, and the Midi out channels. Meantime, it is fun and a novel creative form, or maybe like A much rigid version of Fluxpad.

• edited April 2017

Hi! Thanks all for many awesome suggestions for the ChordFlow! My TODO list now doesn't fit into one screen. It is very cool!

And there is another cool thing I like to share. So far all my apps were just a hobby for me. I was not able to support my family just making the apps, and I was working on them only on my spare time. But the ChordFlow start was quite successful, in my opinion, so I have decided to leave my day job and direct all my efforts to the app making. First of all into implementing all the planned features for the ChordFlow.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or suggestions.

PS:

If you already bought ChordFlow and like it, please rate it on the App Store. It really helps!

Best wishes,
    Dmitry

• Wow, when will the 6.99 intro price special end? I think this is what I was wishing for, i really love Chordbot, but needed something more interactive. I think this might be it! Is there a way to say, use the Audiobus midi keyboard to trigger the chords instead of actually having to select each? I would love that feature for more realtime interactivity between apps... Thanks!

Still on the fence, but with finger on trigger.... Can't decide.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow, when will the 6.99 intro price special end? I think this is what I was wishing for, i really love Chordbot, but needed something more interactive. I think this might be it! Is there a way to say, use the Audiobus midi keyboard to trigger the chords instead of actually having to select each? I would love that feature for more realtime interactivity between apps... Thanks!

Yeah me too, looks like fun but would be good to see more vids.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow, when will the 6.99 intro price special end? I think this is what I was wishing for, i really love Chordbot, but needed something more interactive. I think this might be it! Is there a way to say, use the Audiobus midi keyboard to trigger the chords instead of actually having to select each? I would love that feature for more realtime interactivity between apps... Thanks!

Intro price? Is it an intro price?

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Intro price? Is it an intro price?

No, It is not. I have not made any announcements that the current price is an intro price.

• That's cool! Thanks for your prompt response.
    Any hope of a midi in someday to be able to actually enter the chord via midi from another app say from Audiobus Midi keyboard? I think it is absolutely awesome to be able to do that especially on an iPad with the new keyboard that can be split into two keyboards and at way different octaves. I think that would be so great to have in your app.

• edited April 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Yeah me too, looks like fun but would be good to see more vids.

I am planing to make an overview video describing main functions. I will make a post on this forum when it is ready.

• If you can't decide whether to buy the app, you could still become a beta tester. The next beta release will be available in 2-3 weeks I think. So you will be able to check the app out before buying it. And you will help me to make it more stable before the release.