Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordflow now available in the App Store!

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@aaronpc said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry to be the dozy boy at the back, but if one has Fugue already, what angle/slant/thingies does this offer the punter differently?

I don't really see the comparison to Fugue, myself. Not yet, anyway. Imagine if you had a version of fluXpad that was actually useful, then added in Chordbot's song-making abilities. I think you'd like it.

I'm so used to iOS apps nudging me toward making EDM that this app keeps me pleasantly off balance, actually nudging me toward traditional arrangements. It has made me change the way I usually bend apps to my will. I haven't gotten there yet (everything sounds like a Sousa march so far) but it's been a fun process, and running the midi out through Animoog helps.

This is an absolutely spot-on articulation of my experience with this app, too. If flux pad is too "loose" with its drawing function, this one feels a bit too tight. I keep wanting some swing or randomization in the timing to make it feel less mechanical.

Feed it through the new Midi Flow Adapter into AB3 then through the randomiser and onto whichever synth you like. :) Not quite swing but some timing and velocity variation.

• @gmslayton said:
    @TheVimFuego Thank you. That is much appreciated.

@jn2002dk I am pretty sure he mentioned Audiobus being his next implementation.

Fantastic

• edited April 2017

Hi guys! Glad you are already having some fun with the app. I didn't have enough time to implement all features I have planned for the app into the first release. I decided to release the app with only the most essential set of functionality, get the feedback from the users to collect the list of the features for the next release. Many good features already added to my TODO list, including AB support, MIDI channels for each track, Section cloning, Sequence randomization, Swing option and many more. Big thanks again to all who helped me with the beta-testing. It was a really enjoyable process.

• @ChordUp said:
    Hi guys! Glad you are already having some fun with the app. I didn't have enough time to implement all features I have planned for the app into the first release. I decided to release the app with only the most essential set of functionality, get the feedback from the users to collect the list of the features for the next release. Many good features already added to my TODO list, including AB support, MIDI channels for each track, Section cloning, Sequence randomization, Swing option and many more. Big thanks again to all who helped me with the beta-testing. It was a really enjoyable process.

Congratulations on the release

It's a brilliant app, very creative

I'm looking forward to AB and separate midi channels but as it stands, i love it

• edited April 2017

I don't always follow threads on this forum. If you have any problems with ChordFlow or with my other apps, any suggestions for improvements, or any other questions, please feel free to contact me through email, facebook, twitter, youtube channel. There is a feedback section in the ChordFlow menu you can use for.

• Just been running this with Animoog at 150 bpm......oh my

• And this Is so Great thx for this App.

I paint my Music :)

• @aaronpc said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry to be the dozy boy at the back, but if one has Fugue already, what angle/slant/thingies does this offer the punter differently?

I don't really see the comparison to Fugue, myself. Not yet, anyway. Imagine if you had a version of fluXpad that was actually useful, then added in Chordbot's song-making abilities. I think you'd like it.

I'm so used to iOS apps nudging me toward making EDM that this app keeps me pleasantly off balance, actually nudging me toward traditional arrangements. It has made me change the way I usually bend apps to my will. I haven't gotten there yet (everything sounds like a Sousa march so far) but it's been a fun process, and running the midi out through Animoog helps.

Thank you Mister A (and Mister @jn2002dk as well). I have been persuaded.

• I did beta. Good interface, has that addictive quality where you just want to keep touching the colors and watch them shift and morph, it's the little things. I think there's likely to be some small gui tweaks here and there to improve workflow in the futures

• Did everyone in this thread do the beta, or get the app gifted to them for a demo? Or, has someone here actually purchased the app yet? ;)

• @skiphunt said:
    Did everyone in this thread do the beta, or get the app gifted to them for a demo? Or, has someone here actually purchased the app yet? ;)

Haha, i didn't do the beta

Purchased it the instant it was available because of previous videos showcasing it

• @skiphunt said:
    Did everyone in this thread do the beta, or get the app gifted to them for a demo? Or, has someone here actually purchased the app yet? ;)

Good question!

• @skiphunt said:

I'm waiting until my blood alcohol reading indicates I can safely retrieve the car from the train station car park before reviewing my wish list. It's close though, I can see the utility and the plans for the future look good.

• edited April 2017

@jn2002dk said:

@skiphunt said:

Purchased it the instant it was available because of previous videos showcasing it

Not that it matters all that much, but I wanted to get feedback from those who'd actually paid money for it. And if they feel like it was a good value purchase, etc.

When people are raving about an app and developer, and most of them got the app for free, or are getting patreon donations from devs, or app ad banners for their blog, or got the app gifted to them for a demo, etc... I think there's a natural positive bias in opinion.

Of course, it can work the opposite way too.. those who had unreasonably high expectations based on pre-release hype/feedback, and/or tend to have immediate buyers remorse for every purchase regardless, might have negative opinion too.

Trying to get a clear picture of the perspective of feedback here, but it looks like 90% of those commenting either did the beta or otherwise have some positive bias.

It looks interesting and its function looks significantly different from Fugue Machine. More of a drawable arp with 4 play heads?

• @TheVimFuego said:

@skiphunt said:

I'm waiting until my blood alcohol reading indicates I can safely retrieve the car from the train station car park before reviewing my wish list. It's close though, I can see the utility and the plans for the future look good.

Looks good to me too, and I'm also learning to not app shop while intoxicated. ;)

• I'm ready to jump in, but I'm confused of how it exists in the workflow. If I want the product of ChordFlow and, say, Mitosynth to end up as a midi track in Modstep, how do I do that without IAA or AB? Would it work differently to send audio to Cubasis?

• @skiphunt to be honest I probably won't use it much until it has the multiple midi channels thing

• @skiphunt said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@skiphunt said:

Looks good to me too, and I'm also learning to not app shop while intoxicated. ;)

The "what the heck" $5 here, $5 there sure adds up ... most times the delayed gratification from not pulling the trigger then revisiting later either to buy or not is worth it.

Good idea to call out the actual purchasers btw ...

• Looks like this one has a lot of potential. Sitting on the fence until the connectivity is sorted. Also some tweaking of the arps is paramount. I could see this one sitting in AB3 working wonders, treated by MIDI fx...

• @TheVimFuego I don't know whether you'll consider it a plus or not, but I haven't had a drink in ten years and the intoxication of odd-app buying doesn't seem to abate :)

• Well I bought it as well in order that he is able to afford the raw ingredients to continue turning coffee and pizza into additional code.

• @JohnnyGoodyear I have picked up an on-going theme in some of your posts and consider it a definite plus for you if your choices have resulted in healthy results.

I think, maybe, we all have itches we need to scratch and being aware and mindful about them, especially the triggers, is the first step.

In this spirit I try to be a better gatekeeper for all of my thoughts whether considering the next app purchase or just something more mundane.

• Did the beta and then BOUGHT the app. I think dimirty @ChordUp did a great job on this app and his others. I love the fact I don't have to plod through the grid on a traditional sequencer/DAW and that I can see all the parts at once.

Considering my composition skill tend towards melodic, melodic, splank!(Jesus Curt what chord was that?!) this allows me to QUICKLY and musically do not just a musical phrase but a whole song.

I look forward to the improvements.

• @skiphunt said:

I didn't beta test and I purchased it. I am still learning it but having fun controlling different apps with the patterns I make. I get very different sounds with changmai in gadget, tf8, argonne, wavemapper, etc. A simple piano sequence turns into something completely different. It is really useful for creating and coming up with new ideas. I'm looking forward to planned updates that will make this even better.

• How do I write in chords? It only seems to allow individual notes.

• @skiphunt said:

@jn2002dk said:

@skiphunt said:

Not that it matters all that much, but I wanted to get feedback from those who'd actually paid money for it. And if they feel like it was a good value purchase, etc.

When people are raving about an app and developer, and most of them got the app for free, or are getting patreon donations from devs, or app ad banners for their blog, or got the app gifted to them for a demo, etc... I think there's a natural positive bias in opinion.

Of course, it can work the opposite way too.. those who had unreasonably high expectations based on pre-release hype/feedback, and/or tend to have immediate buyers remorse for every purchase regardless, might have negative opinion too.

Trying to get a clear picture of the perspective of feedback here, but it looks like 90% of those commenting either did the beta or otherwise have some positive bias.

It looks interesting and its function looks significantly different from Fugue Machine. More of a drawable arp with 4 play heads?

Agreed. Always good with some healthy scepticism

Yea, it is like a drawable arp so it can be used for both arps, basslines, chords etc. You create sections where you define chord progressions and what ever you draw is then transposed accordingly

At the moment you have to manually switch between the app and your sequencer of choice when you're recording but AB is apparently in the pipeline

• @robertreynolds said:
    How do I write in chords? It only seems to allow individual notes.

You have to use more than one colour to create chords but that makes it very easy to create more piano-playing-like™ :D chords. Can you tell i'm not a real musician by the way? ;)

• @robertreynolds said:

You can draw them i with one note per color.

• Great feedback so far. Thank for the beta vs purchase or both qualification. It looks like something I'd benefit from and I know this is not this dev's first rodeo either. He's kept up his other apps which are also good. And folks seem unanimous in their opinions that what's coming looks very good as well.

Appears to be decent out of the gate, with better than average chance that it's a good gamble for it's future evolution. Might hold off until I get enough of TheVimFuego's weekend Jesus juice in my gut to push me off the fence. lol ;)

• @studioAB said:

@robertreynolds said:

You can draw them i with one note per color.

Sorry I'm sick right now with a nasty cold but, what?

You mean to write a three-note chord in I have to perform 5 button presses and select three individual notes from different pencil colors and put them on an unlabeled scale?

How is this easier than Gadget chord mode? I have to be missing something.