Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Pro biggie + Apple keyboard cover owners

Of those of you who fit the titular set…

…do you have your iPad Pro…
  1. …propped up leaning back with keyboard sticking out deployed and ready11 votes
    1. All the time 100% never not been like that, the iPad is always leaning back at that angle, always
        9.09%
    2. Most of the time in use, the only time it isn't is when I fold it up to take it somewhere
      27.27%
    3. Equal - some of the time like that, some of the time I fold the keyboard away and use the iPad flat
      18.18%
    4. I use the iPad flat, using the screen keyboard as the dominant usage, I don't sit it upright so much
      36.36%
    5. I never realised my Apple keyboard cover folds out to reveal a keyboard, letting the iPad lean back
        9.09%

Comments

• Maybe I should have just asked 'flat or upright'?

• Most of the time the keyboard isn't attached at all but it comes in handy when there's a lot of typing to do

• At work and around the house, I use it with the Smart Keyboard. In the music studio and in bed while reading, I use it with the keyboard folded away.

• I think I'll have to fold mine away now and then. Since I got it, it has been propped up on the keyboard all the time. Even if I move it from here to over there or upstairs and back down, I'll keep it in that triangular form, unless I'm carrying something else as well.

I was wondering why I hardly ever use any iPad music apps these days to make actual music on. I'm starting to think that it is to do with the orientation - upright leaning back with a keyboard sticking out is not good for touching and playing on a music app.

• As I use the Logitech keyboard I fall outside the target audience for your poll, but my reply would have been "equal" when it comes to music making (I use my iPad in work-work too, and then it is always upright). :)

• Upright 99% of the time.

• I prefer such covers, it certainly does not help to strengthen the device, but it makes life much easier, because small crumbs, garbage, and dust stop getting into a laptop or other device. Just be sure to buy certified normal MacBook Keyboard Covers. There are of course the nuances in that if you buy a poor quality cover, for example, cheap Chinese, then inevitably there will be problems with the fact that it will slide and it will not work normally.

• Where did I leave that keyboard...? I really should put it on eBay.

• I use mine all the time, but I really think this thing is an overpriced piece of junk designed to barely protect your iPad so you break it and need to buy a new one. My “smart” cover\keyboard was a gift so I didn’t buy it fortunately. I’m waiting for the new Pros to arrive so I can buy a real case for it for cheap. I leave the Pro at home and take my Air 2 out.

• A side question....can you use the keyboard as midi input?