Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Core MIDI for Audiobus (Midiflow Adapter is out)

2»

Comments

• Bought. Damn. Having 10 midi ports with 16 channels to play with. This is like a dream come true. All I need now is an ab compatible arp that can do multiple instances. And oh boy the random generative sequences that can be had :D even the non beta modstep loves this app so much. Ab3+modstep+AUM literally means I don't have to use Cubasis or Auria almost at all. Then again thanks to Audiobus I can pipe audio into auria to use that sweet pro-c2. So much fun to be had :D

• In case anyone is wondering. Yes. You can use this to feed back midi back into modstep. It's basically the equivalent of loopbe on pc. virtual midi cables galore :D and being able to add midiflow filters in the path is awesome. Also. It can apparently run even without ab3. Although I doubt I will use it much in that fashion.

• I agree this opens up a whole new world of possiblities, great for the midi tinkerer :)

• edited April 2017

@Carnbot said:
    I agree this opens up a whole new world of possiblities, great for the midi tinkerer :)

Agreed :D

@JohannesD could we please get a midiflow arp that has multiple instances ? The experimental midi generator in me needs this so bad. Preferably with the ability to select note order like Cthulhu on pc and step poly arp on iOS has. Will gladly pay even 10$ for it :D

• Coffee in the morning and the Midiflow Adapter in the evening :) fantastic tool & nobrainer!

• Something I have wanted to do easily for a long time but been unable is to get humanised MIDI drum tracks into Gadget....When importing MIDI into Gadget it creates a new project and you cannot import midi into an existing project...the answer was to create a midi file using DPP using it's internal sounds, import that MIDI file into Cubasis....transpose all the individual drum tracks to match those used by Gladstone (extremely tedious)...play the file back in Cubasis and record onto a track in Gadget.......as you can imagine I did this once to prove it could be done, then never did it again.
    This new adapter means I can program a quantised beat in modstep, run it through the randomiser for humanisation, and record it directly into gadget.....all in realtime, with no need for file import/export or transposing.......simple :)
    Being able to do this alone is worth the cost of AB3, Midi flow bundle and the adapter.....

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Something I have wanted to do easily for a long time but been unable is to get humanised MIDI drum tracks into Gadget....When importing MIDI into Gadget it creates a new project and you cannot import midi into an existing project...the answer was to create a midi file using DPP using it's internal sounds, import that MIDI file into Cubasis....transpose all the individual drum tracks to match those used by Gladstone (extremely tedious)...play the file back in Cubasis and record onto a track in Gadget.......as you can imagine I did this once to prove it could be done, then never did it again.
    This new adapter means I can program a quantised beat in modstep, run it through the randomiser for humanisation, and record it directly into gadget.....all in realtime, with no need for file import/export or transposing.......simple :)
    Being able to do this alone is worth the cost of AB3, Midi flow bundle and the adapter.....

You got that right :D

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Something I have wanted to do easily for a long time but been unable is to get humanised MIDI drum tracks into Gadget....When importing MIDI into Gadget it creates a new project and you cannot import midi into an existing project...the answer was to create a midi file using DPP using it's internal sounds, import that MIDI file into Cubasis....transpose all the individual drum tracks to match those used by Gladstone (extremely tedious)...play the file back in Cubasis and record onto a track in Gadget.......as you can imagine I did this once to prove it could be done, then never did it again.

Great idea with the Gadget thing.

@JohannesD Now I'd like there to be a little lock toggle next to the Times selector in MF Randomizer. It could act as a millisecond "nudge" with certain isolated drum hits, or even help fix general timing issues. Thanks for the quick and solid work with these.

• NICE!!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

I'm totally behind this being a completely separate app. AB should stay focused on what it's trying to do. You've made a great bridge between now and when more developers come into the AB3 fold - and for those that maybe never will.

Works great with ModStep so far!

• STUPID QUESTION TIME:

I'm not​ a MIDI expert by any stretch. I enjoy sequencing certain things, using MIDi controllers, just basic stuff.

Since AB 3 & the MIDIFlow suite was released it's been my understanding that the original version of MIDIFlow was not needed EXCEPT for older CoreMIDI apps and situations.

Now that this new MIDIFlow adapter has been released, is the original MIDIFlow app needed for any purpose? I resisted getting it figuring the MF app's are all I need, but saw something about CoreMIDI apps needing the original MF to work with AB 3, etc. Is this adapter app the final piece to making the original MIDIFlow obsolete? If we have all the new AudioBus 3 MIDIFlow apps are we set?

• The original Midiflow still does many things that are not covered by the "Midiflow for Audiobus" apps yet, like Controller Remapping, Controller Conditions, Changing presets via MIDI etc. So, it is not obsolete, and will be maintained as a standalone solution for MIDI routing and manipulation.

For the pure purpose of interconnecting older apps, Midiflow Adapter should be enough for you, if those apps allow you to select MIDI ports (which is the requirement for MF Adapter to work). If they don't, the original Midiflow can be used as a workaround, as mentioned by @adfa here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/340941/#Comment_340941

• @JohannesD said:
    The original Midiflow still does many things that are not covered by the "Midiflow for Audiobus" apps yet, like Controller Remapping, Controller Conditions, Changing presets via MIDI etc. So, it is not obsolete, and will be maintained as a standalone solution for MIDI routing and manipulation.

For the pure purpose of interconnecting older apps, Midiflow Adapter should be enough for you, if those apps allow you to select MIDI ports (which is the requirement for MF Adapter to work). If they don't, the original Midiflow can be used as a workaround, as mentioned by @adfa here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/340941/#Comment_340941

@JohannesD Thank you brother for the information. I'm glad the original MIDIFlow will be updated, I'm learning more & more re: MIDI everyday and it's cool to know if your MF apps don't do something & AudioBus 3 doesn't either then the older MIDIFlow is probably going to be the answer...

I just appreciate you being in that same category of cats like Sebastian, @DerekBuddemeyer, Rim at Auria, etc. who really help the community when asked... Cheers.

• Yes the original Midiflow app is a great tool in of itself and hopefully @JohannesD will get around to re-skinning the app in the same dark UI style as the new midiflow filters as they look much better :)

• The Conditions IAP in the original MidiFlow is fabulous! I use it with a nanoKontrol2 controller to change midi channels so that the controller can be multi-purposed between apps and/or within an app, e.g. midi-map to AUM plus all 8 separate instruments in Sampletank's Live mode, plus anything else up to midi's 16 channels.
    Oh, and thanks for all the new MidiFlows... got 'em all and grateful for the adapter!

• Can someone with Geoshred let me know if the adapter app will allow Geoshred as a MIDI sender? I have more issues with using Geoshred as a MIDI controller than any other app. I would like to get it working and then save it as a preset.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Can someone with Geoshred let me know if the adapter app will allow Geoshred as a MIDI sender? I have more issues with using Geoshred as a MIDI controller than any other app. I would like to get it working and then save it as a preset.

Any app that has coremidi out works. But it needs to be able to select one of the adapters ports to send it out. Or you could tunnel the midi via modstep or some other app that can select Geoshreds outputs as an input.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Can someone with Geoshred let me know if the adapter app will allow Geoshred as a MIDI sender? I have more issues with using Geoshred as a MIDI controller than any other app. I would like to get it working and then save it as a preset.

Any app that has coremidi out works. But it needs to be able to select one of the adapters ports to send it out. Or you could tunnel the midi via modstep or some other app that can select Geoshreds outputs as an input.

To be honest, I have trouble getting Geoshred midi out to work as an input in Modstep. I am clearly doing something wrong but that something eludes me.

• It received midi from AB3 keyboard and in out out sent to Crystal synth.

_

_

@lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

• Pics above it's reviving from AB3 channel 1 passing thru to AB3 channel 1 to CrystalSynthXT