Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

modstep question // automating AU effects?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• @d4d0ug said:
    Not sure why i'm asking this here on the audiobus forum, but it seems that this is THE font of all ios music app knowledge....!

In Modstep - is it possible to automate an AU effect plugin on an instrument channel?

Use case: I'd like to host Reslice AU on a channel and then pop F-16 filter on the same channel and then automate the filter parameters.

Why: Reslice AU doesn't seem to expose parameters Modstep, so can't automate its native effects (as an AU).

Cheers in advance.

You can host in AUM and use MIDI learn

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@OscarSouth said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Not sure why i'm asking this here on the audiobus forum, but it seems that this is THE font of all ios music app knowledge....!

In Modstep - is it possible to automate an AU effect plugin on an instrument channel?

Use case: I'd like to host Reslice AU on a channel and then pop F-16 filter on the same channel and then automate the filter parameters.

Why: Reslice AU doesn't seem to expose parameters Modstep, so can't automate its native effects (as an AU).

Cheers in advance.

You can host in AUM and use MIDI learn

Thanks, yes, I know about AUM, am wondering if its possible to do 'in Modstep'

Don't think so. No.

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Righto. Couldnt see a way but was wondering if I was missing some work around. Back to aum / ab!

modstep+aum is actually excellent. ab3 is still a bit too restrictive in the midi dept.

• What I would like to do is record knob movements i make from Kore FX on a bus or Aux and then record send automation increasing and decreasing from a track in the arrangement window going to that Kore FX bus. That way the whole audio signal from the track is not going through the effect with an insert and the Kore automation is changing the audio from the input.

• It is kind of disapointing how AU automation in general just isn't there.