Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waldorf

does anyone heard or know if Waldorf will be making more ipad apps

Comments

• how about they updating NAVE

• They have their hands full with the Quantum Synthesizer...

• @djjuniorpops said:
    how about they updating NAVE

This would seriously be the smartest move.

It is a great synth. It has a desktop VST counterpart. It enhances the Waldorf Brand..

They should update it to Audiobus 3 and link. Period.

• I'm afraid that won't happen soon. They're building a 3k flagship synth with a huge touchscreen and a boatload of software in it. They won't pull any resources to update an iOS app...

• @hexagonsun83 said:
    I'm afraid that won't happen soon. They're building a 3k flagship synth with a huge touchscreen and a boatload of software in it. They won't pull any resources to update an iOS app...

They'd better otherwise there's going to be teeth gnashing and general fist waving etc down in the village and it won't be pretty....

av.jpg 40.1K
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hexagonsun83 said:
    I'm afraid that won't happen soon. They're building a 3k flagship synth with a huge touchscreen and a boatload of software in it. They won't pull any resources to update an iOS app...

They'd better otherwise there's going to be teeth gnashing and general fist waving etc down in the village and it won't be pretty....

Uncalled for lol. Korg released a certain synth end of 2016 that doesn't even sync to midi...

• do you think they will make a wave app just like the nave

• @hexagonsun83 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

Uncalled for lol. Korg released a certain synth end of 2016 that doesn't even sync to midi...

Well if Nave goes bye bye in the 32 bit purge lots of folks will be upset, and reasonably so.

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hexagonsun83 said:

Well if Nave goes bye bye in the 32 bit purge lots of folks will be upset, and reasonably so.

I can't believe it will. Too shoddy. Another reason to freeze the older iPad. But seriously. I'm going to be really grumbly if they let it slide and then bring out something to be bought as a replacement. Still, that's how rumors get going, let's not start the hares running just yet...

• Woopsy! No more rumors from me!

• Erf!? I thought Nave was 64bit OK, good time, number one?

• These are the only ones that show up 32bit for me...

Damn i wish csSpectral would get an update. My FAVORITE sounding fx app plagued by age... sure to die... :bawling: :heartbreak:

• @AudioGus said:
    Erf!? I thought Nave was 64bit OK, good time, number one?

A rumor based on faulty info, to boot!

• I dont seem to have this list of 32 bit apps in either my iphone se or my mini 4, both at 10.3.1.. weird

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I dont seem to have this list of 32 bit apps in either my iphone se or my mini 4, both at 10.3.1.. weird

Try General / About / Applications

• edited April 2017

Woah, it lists Google Earth on my mini... huh...

• Earth is 32 bit as well!? We're in a lot of trouble. Let me see if I can get Al on the phone....

Damn. He's busy.

• I think Saladsynth is in beta

• @AudioGus said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    I dont seem to have this list of 32 bit apps in either my iphone se or my mini 4, both at 10.3.1.. weird

Try General / About / Applications

Yup, tried it and I can't click through to applications via that path. Oh well

• Cs Spectral going down is a huge disappointment for me. Not that it's indispensable but I used to be deep into csound, and well, umbilical chord and all.

• edited April 2017

@pedro said:
    Cs Spectral going down is a huge disappointment for me. Not that it's indispensable but I used to be deep into csound, and well, umbilical chord and all.

Feb 24th the dev Dr Richard Boulanger wrote:

Yes! Update is coming soon, but there are seem to no issues - other than Apple telling you that it might slow down your iPad - which it does not do.

Stay Tuned

Dr.B.

I emailed him back but no response.

Thanks Dr Boulanger,
    Sounds like you need to update to 64bit support. Apps designed for 32bit only trigger the warning. Is csGrain also being updated?
    Thanks,
    Loran/philowerx

Maybe someone else can email him too.
    [email protected]

• edited April 2017

@philowerx that's good to know (hopefully), where did you read that? I really hope he updates to 64bit, and csGrain as well.

• @philowerx said:

@pedro said:
    Cs Spectral going down is a huge disappointment for me. Not that it's indispensable but I used to be deep into csound, and well, umbilical chord and all.

Yes! Update is coming soon, but there are seem to no issues - other than Apple telling you that it might slow down your iPad - which it does not do.

Stay Tuned

Dr.B.

I emailed him back but no response.

Thanks Dr Boulanger,
    Sounds like you need to update to 64bit support. Apps designed for 32bit only trigger the warning. Is csGrain also being updated?
    Thanks,
    Loran/philowerx

Maybe someone else can email him too.
    [email protected]

If he says an update is coming soon, it sounds like he's on the case, having to stop and read more emails won't make it go faster. By the way, have you all seen his series of videos on the Roland System 1m? Very in depth.

• edited April 2017

@pedro said:
    @philowerx that's good to know (hopefully), where did you read that? I really hope he updates to 64bit, and csGrain as well.

Dr Boulanger was responding to my email. While emails from more people won't necessarily make the update come faster I do think it's important to show more than one person is interested in these program.

• @philowerx said:

@pedro said:

Awesome, glad to hear there is an update in the works! I really really really hope it gets an AB and IAA sdk update etc though as it does have issues on all many devices spanning the last two major OSes. Fingers crossed it lives again one day as it is truly my fav SOUNDINg fx app on iOS.