Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My new video, "Yin Yang"!

https://goo.gl/TNmKC7 -- Many people think electronic music and the classical guitar are like oil and water, but in fact they blend well together!

Here's my original song Yin Yang: in Chinese philosophy, Yin Yang (literally "Dark Bright") describes the complementary nature of two apparently opposing concepts. It happens in this song, where the acoustic and electronic sounds complement each other. The drum, bass and percussion sounds were sinthesized using iMS20, another very nice iOS synth that is a replica of an old analogue synth, and I used my BOSS DR-5 to play the beat.

Subscribe to my Youtube channel: https://goo.gl/TNmKC7
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dimitriguitar
Check out my albums:

Enjoy, and have a great week!
Dimitri.

Comments

• I listened as you managed to find the correct 'Creations' section this time. ;)

Not my cup of tea but would have liked to hear more of the softer section at 1:30. Which was nice and mellow if brief.

Will take a listen to your itunes links.

Cheers.

• Nice! I think classical guitar goes well with just about anything. I like how it works with the electric guitar here. I chose to combine both nylon and electric in my most recent track The Vibe. It is used a lot in Brazilian music. I played mainly nylon for many years, or composed on it, influenced by Brazilian artists like Djavan, Milton Nascimento, etc.

• Very cool, @Lady_App_titude! And thank you!

• P.S.: if you, @Lady_App_titude and @SpookyZoo, have a Youtube channel, what about we subscribe to each other?

• Nice playing, as usual!

Yin and Yang (阴阳) doesn't literally mean "dark light", it means negative/female and positive/male.

• Thank you, @MrNezumi! I got the translation in the english Wikipedia. Are you a native speaker? I'll edit the post to have the correct translation, and thank you so much for the info!

• @theconnactic said:
    Thank you, @MrNezumi! I got the translation in the english Wikipedia. Are you a native speaker? I'll edit the post to have the correct translation, and thank you so much for the info!

I am not a native speaker, but I've been a half-assed speaker of Chinese for a long time. I currently reside in China. Translating Chinese can be quite difficult and at times subjective. Yin can mean "shade" and yang can mean "sun" but when used together to describe the philosophical concept it is nearly always translated as negative/positive or female/male. Interestingly yang can also mean "south of a hill or north of a river". Language is a virus from outer space. (WSB)

• edited April 2017

Lol, indeed, @MrNezumi! And also there are the dialects that are, in fact, different languages altogether!