Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

new to recording. not a drummer but i need drums

Hey guys. I guess I need to learn to write drums. I am learning to record myself and have some compositions I would like to put together but need drums. I cant find any samples or even where to start. I might need to learn to write drums myself.

I am using iphone6 right now and even though its small screen space its all I have other than PC. so at work I can play with some drum tracks. Whats a good app for that? I want to be able to copy paste audio or get the drums into some sort of DAW.

Comments

• The auto-drummer in Garageband is pretty decent., Figure is pretty good to. For a little more direct programming, but with a very intuitive interface, check out Patterning (not sure if there's an iPhone version - I know it's on iPad). Funkbox is good, too, but it's more of a traditional interface, so it helps to understand a little bit about how beats are assembled.

• depends on what kind of drums? if it's rock drums - maybe check out newly released Drum Sessions app. Or there's one called Rock Drum Machine 4. These apps make it easy for dialing up some drum tracks. Or, if you have Garageband app - they have built in 'smart-drummers' that are quite good and capable.

• ok i will have to learn that. Im working on some alternative rock type jazz fusion stuff. I will have to look up some of these apps. any of those let you compose your own tracks?

• I always find myself using the Rock Drummer, Funk Drummer or Soft Drummer apps from Lumbeat.
    Easy to program and use, lots of great-sounding kits, and they sound incredible!

• wimwim
    edited April 2017

@Briandandrig said:
    ok i will have to learn that. Im working on some alternative rock type jazz fusion stuff. I will have to look up some of these apps. any of those let you compose your own tracks?

Based on what you said, I think Funk Drummer might be your thing. It would give you a good starting place for jazz fusion type stuff. It comes with many, many preset patterns, but it's easy to modify them yourself, or even build your own, and you can adjust things like swing easily. It also does a pretty good job of varying things by generating fills at whatever interval you set. You can also adjust the amount of "jam" variation. In all, it is a very quick way to get to a fairly natural sounding backing track.

Drum Session has tons of loops of almost any style, which is great. But there's no automatic variation like the Funk/Rock/Soft.. Drummer series.
    Both would get you started in a jiffy.

But - if you have Garage Band, you could start with it's built in drummer, which does a very good job, and would cost you nothing.

• Cool I will have to check those out. Its tough trying to jam by yourself lmao

• +1 for funk drummer. Or maybe soft drummer from the same dev.