Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

Love this scene, this music... Posted for inspiration.

Comments

• Some of the best there is....thanks for the reminder!

• Indeed.. absolutely brilliant. The upcoming sequel has some particularly large boots to fill, also on the music front.

• @brambos said:
    Indeed.. absolutely brilliant. The upcoming sequel has some particularly large boots to fill, also on the music front.

For certain. That has to be an intimidating role to undertake; scoring the new film. Exciting and awesome, too...but those first few days getting started have gotta be nerve-wracking. Really excited to see how it all comes together though.

• I thought this thread was going to be about Grain Science.

• Fantastic movie.
    Btw, did everyone celebrate Leon's inception day? ;)

• Love it!

• one of my all time favourites B)

• @u0421793 said:
    I thought this thread was going to be about Grain Science.

No reason we can't do a spinoff.

• edited April 2017

@brice said:

@u0421793 said:

A lot of the preset patches in Grain Science seem to be named after quotes from the film (or maybe the book)

• Everytime I watch that film I'm unprepared for that scene.

• @brambos said:
    Indeed.. absolutely brilliant. The upcoming sequel has some particularly large boots to fill, also on the music front.

Isn't Johan Johansson doing the score for the film?

• Yes, he is. I was enormously impressed, blown away even, by what he wrote for Arrival so I'm optimistic on the original score front.

• Yep. He's an amazing composer. Next time you fly listen to Fordlandia and see how it makes you feel. It transported me. Really looking forward to this film.

• Why all this remakes and reboots, can't people come up with something new?

• @greengrocer said:
    Why all this remakes and reboots, can't people come up with something new?

My lawn is also in need of getting off of :)

• edited April 2017

@greengrocer said:
    Why all this remakes and reboots, can't people come up with something new?

I don't think it's a remake or reboot. It's part 2 of the Blade Runner Saga. It's about what happened after Deckard took the Replica with him and escaped the chaos of life.

You know the classic story of what happens to a man when he goes off to live in isolation in the boonies with his robots. :D

• @u0421793 said:

@brice said:

@u0421793 said:

A lot of the preset patches in Grain Science seem to be named after quotes from the film (or maybe the book)

That's admirable. BTW How is Grain Science? Never experienced it. Worth digging into?

• edited April 2017

@brice said:

@u0421793 said:

@brice said:

@u0421793 said:

That's admirable. BTW How is Grain Science? Never experienced it. Worth digging into?

Grain Science was a first love and as such, and quite wrongly, tends to get hidden at the back of the cupboard. Some folks don't like the scrolling back and forth design/layout, but can't say that bothers me. Was recently updated by Wooji as regards 12.9 layout etc. I like it. Many of the patches are extremely Bladerunner-ish, but some fairly extensive tweaking is possible....would I swap it for Nave, say? No. But am I going to keep it? Absolutely...

AND I like it's little ARP, it's 'distance' control, and -of course- the fact that you can bring in your own samples...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@brice said:

@u0421793 said:

@brice said:

@u0421793 said:

Grain Science was a first love and as such, and quite wrongly, tends to get hidden at the back of the cupboard. Some folks don't like the scrolling back and forth design/layout, but can't say that bothers me. Was recently updated by Wooji as regards 12.9 layout etc. I like it. Many of the patches are extremely Bladerunner-ish, but some fairly extensive tweaking is possible....would I swap it for Nave, say? No. But am I going to keep it? Absolutely...

AND I like it's little ARP, it's 'distance' control, and -of course- the fact that you can bring in your own samples...

Thanks for the info, Goodyear. I haven't touched any other synths aside from LayR for the past 2+ weeks so I may treat myself for something on the other end of noise mak'n duties.

• Speaking of movie scores, Hans Zimmer has started a first ever live tour: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hans-zimmer-extends-first-ever-north-american-tour-w474488

• Saw it here in Luxembourg, VERY interesting for sure. Definitely check it out if it comes your way.

• Rutger Hauer is a great actor - sometimes undeservingly underrated. He improvised this monologue - the original text was meant to be way longer.

• @theconnactic said:
    Rutger Hauer is a great actor - sometimes undeservingly underrated. He improvised this monologue - the original text was meant to be way longer.

I always thought he would have made the perfect Batman DarkKnight character back in the day.

• Thanks for posting, great movie, great music, very moving

• The Vangelis Sound of this movie blew me away when i first watched it. The movie was great, but the Soundtrack made it into what it is. These CS80 stringsounds are just legendary. Will a plugin ever reach this kind of sound? Arturia sure failed!

• Ive never seen this film, been meaning to for years. Me and wifey are gonna watch it within the next couple days. Stoked!

• Yea this is an amazing scene. Years ago i was so stunned by the movie that i researched it, and watched all the interviews with Rutger Hauer...he made that famous line up by himself on the spot iirc

• @echoopera said:

@theconnactic said:
    Rutger Hauer is a great actor - sometimes undeservingly underrated. He improvised this monologue - the original text was meant to be way longer.

I always thought he would have made the perfect Batman DarkKnight character back in the day.

Big time. I think Miller had one or two bruce in the rain panels inspired by this for sure.