Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 AUv3 Midimux?

Just installed Audiobus 3, to host AUv3 plugins. It turns out, the AUv3s don't get any midi via midimux...Did i just waste 10 bucks? In the "Select MIDI Sender" Dialogue midimux isn't listed...

Comments

• @hexagonsun83 said:
    Just installed Audiobus 3, to host AUv3 plugins. It turns out, the AUv3s don't get any midi via midimux...Did i just waste 10 bucks? In the "Select MIDI Sender" Dialogue midimux isn't listed...

Midimix studiomux and modstep (same developers) haven't been updated to ab3 midi support yet. Should get it soon though since modstep is already betatesting it.

• Thx 4 the info. I was thinking that Audiobus could/would just receive midi like any other application...

• @hexagonsun83 said:
    Thx 4 the info. I was thinking that Audiobus could/would just receive midi like any other application...

Ab3 midi is something new. Just host the apps in the audio only side of Audiobus for now. You will have access to coremidi the same as before and still have state saving in apps that support it.

• Apps were never the problem, AUv3s are...for apps alone i wouldn't have bought Audiobus 3...

• @hexagonsun83 said:
    Apps were never the problem, AUv3s are...for apps alone i wouldn't have bought Audiobus 3...

To be fair you should have bought AUM for your requirement. Been using Aum with studiomux for a long time before I got my ICA4+.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@hexagonsun83 said:
    Apps were never the problem, AUv3s are...for apps alone i wouldn't have bought Audiobus 3...

To be fair you should have bought AUM for your requirement. Been using Aum with studiomux for a long time before I got my ICA4+.

I was torn...you're right! Hindsight...Still, not unreasonable for me to assume, that Audiobus would just accept Midi from midimux, like literally any other App on the iPad.