Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What was that app again?- liked but with saving / security issues.

What was the name of that app that came out a while ago? I think it was a synth- maybe a sequencer too. It was well liked by many- but a lot of people were unhappy that when you saved a patch or a sequence or whatever- it was saved to the companies own cloud memory- and the worry was that your iPad could be accessed by them due to this....... The story was something like this anyway

Comments

• Maybe you're thinking of Frum?

• Ah yes that was- it thanks :) . Anyone giving it much use these days ?

• @robosardine said:
    Ah yes that was- it thanks :) . Anyone giving it much use these days ?

I open it from time to time. It's always a pleasant surprise because it only happens when I travel to the makeshift wasteland of disarray and misfits known as the "Fuzz District: aka the 4th home screen" and when I see its app icon I always think, without fail, what in the hell is this?!? I don't know what it is about that app that didn't make it stick for me. On paper it should be one of my top choices. It's darling to look at (that bug...LOL what!) and it's capable of some wild sonics and sound design oddities. But still, it never took. Something leaves me cold and unnatentive. It wasn't the whole preset / cloud storage thing either. Though that does make sense as something to be concerned about I suppose. I dunno. I am fully not helping your question here; I do know that! All this to say ... though quite rare, I visit Frum from time to time.

• :) Putting it like that seems to remind me of how I felt about it when it first came out. I think it might have been yet another sequencer to work out how to program. I sometimes wish that there was a more universal sequencer- that the majority liked- as so could be used in every synth app........ Yellofier has been giving me grief lately.

• @robosardine said:
    :) Putting it like that seems to remind me of how I felt about it when it first came out. I think it might have been yet another sequencer to work out how to program. I sometimes wish that there was a more universal sequencer- that the majority liked- as so could be used in every synth app........ Yellofier has been giving me grief lately.

Yeah, that makes sense. It did appear to be a whole new world like many others at first glance. I'm not a terribly big fan of vertical sequencers TBH, but that and the learning curve of how to program everything came pretty quick. I just have no idea why the FUN didn't come with it. That thing should be endless fun for me but I got nothing! Odd. I'll see how it feels next month when I forget what the hell it is and open it again.

Ha! Yellofier?! I hardly ever see that app mentioned and it's one of my all time favorites. Definitely a grief-giver, but when it's flowing smoothly that app is a blast for breaking creative blocks and boredom. Have you tried out another old one called WerkBench? Vaguely similar premise to Yellowfier but packed with even more mayhem and fun. I've made entire percussion sections in that app by simply recording tapping a book with a pencil. It's remarkable IMO.

• Yes I have tried it- but sadly my short attention span/ mild frustration again got the better of me once more. I think I shall have to return to a lot of my apps and actually work out how to use them....

• @robosardine said:
    Yes I have tried it- but sadly my short attention span/ mild frustration again got the better of me once more. I think I shall have to return to a lot of my apps and actually work out how to use them....

Well, I will say WerkBench is VERY much worth sticking with. Maybe keep some whiskey nearby? It's quirky as hell, and lacking in a number of ways. But it's lovable, and I've yet to not come away with something from it by starting with the most basic of recorded noises.

• edited April 2017

That sounds like a good prescription- I shall give it a try :)