Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amplitube MESA pck demo+ thoughts on amplitube

What can i say? First,i will be fair,i had deleted all amplitube apps from my ipad.i own them all( except the mesa one).was not really convinced.i had not even tried them since engine optimization.then,this fender pack2 arriverd.i was really tempted to try it.i did..and wow!! More than amazing!! Almost perfect to my ears.so,i decided to check other amps as well, and i must say i'm more than impressed.their slash marshall sound really good,their new amp( one of them is a vox) sound fantastic!i don't even talk of their mesa amps..outstanding!!
All in all,amplitube becomes my main amp sim app.i swear! One big + for me is its simplicity.i do really appreciate this.no problems with input \output levels.it works,and that's very cool.
That's'all folks!!
Oh i forgot to say i don't work for them,nor endorse whatever from them.i like and use this product.that's all
Thanks!!
Have a good day!!

Comments

• 00:00 mark 5
    04:02 TA 30
    08:34 dual rectifier
    12:20 trip,e rectifier

• I always liked their amp sims (and often felt I was alone in this feeling on the AB forum). I'm most fond of their Orange collection.

Where I find they are lacking is in the STUDIO section—I think their post-prod and insert effects could use some improvement.

• I don't use the studio section but i surely will one day if it can make recording a simpler task.
    Cheers!

• They're a little lacking in the effects department and strangely (considering they sell a midi controller) midi configurability. However, I've always felt their amplifier simulations were the best.

• @flo26 said:
    What can i say? First,i will be fair,i had deleted all amplitube apps from my ipad.i own them all( except the mesa one).was not really convinced.i had not even tried them since engine optimization.then,this fender pack2 arriverd.i was really tempted to try it.i did..and wow!! More than amazing!! Almost perfect to my ears.so,i decided to check other amps as well, and i must say i'm more than impressed.their slash marshall sound really good,their new amp( one of them is a vox) sound fantastic!i don't even talk of their mesa amps..outstanding!!
    All in all,amplitube becomes my main amp sim app.i swear! One big + for me is its simplicity.i do really appreciate this.no problems with input \output levels.it works,and that's very cool.
    That's'all folks!!
    Oh i forgot to say i don't work for them,nor endorse whatever from them.i like and use this product.that's all
    Thanks!!
    Have a good day!!

Holy Shiznit! Man is this straight guitar->interface->Amplitube Mesa w/only in app effects->to recorder?!

That low end with drop tuning riffs on the Rectifier! I keep hearing about this Fender 2 pack being in another leauge than their previous offerings.
    The Mesa Boogie IAP got good reviews too but I thought it wasn't in my wheelhouse, too metal, but some those crunch tones are great for straight rock/pop, etc.

Very tempting. Lastly: Guitar you used, string gauge & pickups active or alnico type passive?

Thanks @flo26 for always holding it down for the guitarist in this community. Ending lead work at 15:00-> was stupid good...wow.

• I have all ampsims on iOS and all additional 'packs', 'bundles' and other expansions. But since IKM issued Amplitube 4 it's my main app to play guitar. It sounds really great and all recently added gear (Mesa and Fender2) sets the new level for market!

• Thanks to you guys!!
    Have fun!!

• Amplitube 4 really took a step forward on ios and the dual mic option is great. I like the b15 and orange bass amps a lot. I've stopped using iPad live but I still use it to practice sometimes at home. The irig blueboard integrates really well also.

• How is their Vox AC30? I find that even Axe FX and Helix AC30's are kinda poor, only Kemper nails it.

• @JRSIV said: Lastly: Guitar you used, string gauge & pickups active or alnico type passive?

I don't know anything about the string gauge he's using (would say something like 10/46 or lighter) but I know he's a SO LUCKY owner of a fantastic Musicman Luke II Dargie Delight limited edition.

• Music man luke as said above,ernie ball strings 009-042,EMG active pickups.
    Cheers!
    Thanks gratouilli!

• @flo26, as seen on your cool picture above your strings are inverted ; are you left handed or do you play upside down ?

• I'm left handed.are you french gratouilli?

• @flo26 said:
    Music man luke as said above,ernie ball strings 009-042,EMG active pickups.
    Cheers!
    Thanks gratouilli!

Thanks @Gratouilli & @flo26 for the info. I thought the pickups may have been active, so sparkly and clean. Had some EMG's on a Les Paul Custom that were active and any processing just sounded so clean because the signal was pure.

The compromise I found because​ I didn't always want that sterile signal with the presence peak on everything, was Fender's Vintage Noiseless Pickups. Put them in my #1 Strat and I will never take them out. They're clean, quiet of course but not enemic, and they still retain that '50's-'60's tone mojo.

• Yes, I'm french too ;)

• @flo26 I read a few other reviews on the Fender Collection 2 and just had to get it. I don't know what the new technology IK Multimedia has worked up does but it is really quite extraordinary.

One caveat! Like @Kranick and probably most guitarists using iOS to record I bought all the amp sims with all of the IAP; Amplitube has always been the one I was most wary of because it could get very spiky on the crunch & overdrive settings. The crunch tones on the new AT4 amps & especially the Fender 2 models are really quite good but input levels are the key to get them to sound good.

On some sims presets I can have my interfaces gain up a bit on the guitar input, the guitar on 10 and the input control on the GUI up and the signal may still seem light. On others I have to totally turn any gain off at the interface, keep the input low and play with the guitars volume to get a decent sound.

The BIAS cloud presets demonstrate this really well, some presets are fine at normal input levels, others are deafening. Amplitube 4 & the Fender 2 aren't as variable as BIAS but it definitely pays to mess with the levels to get the best balance.

Last thing is listening with headphones and through monitors are totally different with amp sims especially Amplitube's Fender 2. If it's for a recording I will check the tone through the my headphones & monitors and balance between them.