Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I want this! │ Allihoopa Figure │ c1ickb4it - haQ VLog 120

What is going on here? Live FX? WUT! Figure. I know not the only Figure addicted musician here, so let's talk Allihoopa Figure!

NOTE: Title and Thumbnail where specifically designed as clickbait...please don't hate me ;)

haqattaq #vlog #AllihoopaFigure #LetsTalk

Comments

• Looks like you've got a 3' iPad (the new iPad Pro Plus?) and FX for Figure, how'd you manage to swing that?

• I haven't been following your videos lately (sorry too busy) but goddamn I love your videos.

• @InfoCheck said:
    Looks like you've got a 3' iPad (the new iPad Pro Plus?) and FX for Figure, how'd you manage to swing that?

I built a timeportal using Audiobus and Baervaag. I then traveled forward in time and manage to pick the Pad up from a "Vintage Electronics" store. It came bundeled with a 2019 version of Figure in mint condition. :smile:

• @robertreynolds said:
    I haven't been following your videos lately (sorry too busy) but goddamn I love your videos.

Aw thanks, it means a lot to me that you like my videos so much. Thank yo! =D

• edited April 2017

@jakoB_haQ said:

@InfoCheck said:
    Looks like you've got a 3' iPad (the new iPad Pro Plus?) and FX for Figure, how'd you manage to swing that?

I built a timeportal using Audiobus and Baervaag. I then traveled forward in time and manage to pick the Pad up from a "Vintage Electronics" store. It came bundeled with a 2019 version of Figure in mint condition. :smile:

Is Beatmaker 3 already out by then?

[runs]

• edited April 2017

Very good Jakob! Yes the ability to have much longer patterns would be great. It would be nice to have at least four or more scenes to stitch together into one song. Plus plus for live fx too that would open up many possibilities. Thanks for the video
    Maybe some form of sampler to add our own sounds into the mix would be interesting

• The eight bar limit is the main reason I don't use figure

• It'll be nice if Figure was made into as an AU Unit. It has Link, so you could have loads of Figure at once, & synced by Link.....

• @brambos said:

[runs]

Hehe, Good one!
    I think by 2019 we'll be looking forward to BM4 or something?! :)

Back to Figure...
    A Grid-Editor is something I really miss in it...

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:

[runs]

Hehe, Good one!

Back to Figure...

Something like PixiTracker where you can go up to 12 bars and 64 steps

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@InfoCheck said:

That's quite an Easter egg you've found in that setup. Did you save it as a preset?

• edited April 2017

This is why when I -once in a while- make odd little perfect bars in Figure and take them straight into Blocs and then into LP or just straight into LP. It's a loopmaker at this point. And a fun one. If I could add anything I like your idea of a pad tab, yes I would like Midi and sample import etc etc., but trying to keep it simple I can see that an additional pad track would make a lot of sense. Maybe even IAP banks? Broaden the sound base and make a little money?

I hope that the new Kings at Allihoopa appreciate your energetic promotion and as a result are more likely to follow up on your suggestions for further development :)

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:

[runs]

Hehe, Good one!

Back to Figure...

A Grid-Editor would be nice and yes @jakoB_haQ live FX also , what would also make Figure complete is full iPad support (Landscape Mode).

• Open In... (AirDrop etc.) and/or direct AudioShare support would be super awesome too :)

• I wish Figure would let you export separate tracks in one step. I get that part of the genius of Figure is limitation and simplicity, but the limitation of having to mute all but one track and repeat the process over and over is not a creativity boosting limitation. It feels more like just neededless user interface sadism.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    I wish Figure would let you export separate tracks in one step. I get that part of the genius of Figure is limitation and simplicity, but the limitation of having to mute all but one track and repeat the process over and over is not a creativity boosting limitation. It feels more like just neededless user interface sadism.

Amen to that

• @brambos said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@InfoCheck said:

[runs]

In that alternative timeline BM3 came out in 1998 but it was renamed BeastMaster 3. Go figure.. :wink:

• @AndyPlankton said:
    The eight bar limit is the main reason I don't use figure

Yeah, I don't have any objections to having access to longer patterns. :)

• @studs1966 said:
    It'll be nice if Figure was made into as an AU Unit. It has Link, so you could have loads of Figure at once, & synced by Link.....

Hey, I'd love to run 2 instances at once on each iPad. Would be able to build some pretty awesome performances. But we'd need
    More sounds if that happens too! :)

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:

[runs]

Hehe, Good one!

Back to Figure...

In that alternate timeline did actually come out 2019 but it was accidentally stolen by a Vogon. It was later returned but had to be scrapped. Apparently that same Vogon had updated BM4 with a track naming algorithm based on Vogon poetry. The original BM dev almost died when he tried to clean up the code. Luckily he was saved by swallowing a towel.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    I wish Figure would let you export separate tracks in one step. I get that part of the genius of Figure is limitation and simplicity, but the limitation of having to mute all but one track and repeat the process over and over is not a creativity boosting limitation. It feels more like just neededless user interface sadism.

I'm somewhat sadistic myself, but I totally agree with you on this one!

• @InfoCheck said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@InfoCheck said:

That's quite an Easter egg you've found in that setup. Did you save it as a preset?

Yes I did save it as a preset. But there was a bug and it created a gravity well in my headphone port. I think I lost 72 sets of Apple EarPods before I managed to stop it.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This is why when I -once in a while- make odd little perfect bars in Figure and take them straight into Blocs and then into LP or just straight into LP. It's a loopmaker at this point. And a fun one. If I could add anything I like your idea of a pad tab, yes I would like Midi and sample import etc etc., but trying to keep it simple I can see that an additional pad track would make a lot of sense. Maybe even IAP banks? Broaden the sound base and make a little money?

I hope that the new Kings at Allihoopa appreciate your energetic promotion and as a result are more likely to follow up on your suggestions for further development :)

I would be really happy about an IAP that unlocks the synthengine so that we could make our own sounds. Yeah more sounds!

I also hope that Allihoopa keeps developing Figure. It's been a number one music tool for me since I started with IOS music stuff. It's like one of my best friends. =D

• @djjuniorpops said:

@Samu said:

@brambos said:

[runs]

Hehe, Good one!

Back to Figure...

A Grid-Editor would be nice and yes @jakoB_haQ live FX also , what would also make Figure complete is full iPad support (Landscape Mode).

Since I started using the iPad Pro I've been longing for Landscape mode for Figure even more.

You know on the Pro 12.9, one could fit two instances of Figure in Portrait mode side by side...as long as the iPad is orientated in landscape mode.

• Figure is one of the very few apps I tolerate without Landscape mode.

It's utility outweighs the fact I need to constantly do the plate spinning act, just.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Figure is one of the very few apps I tolerate without Landscape mode.

It's utility outweighs the fact I need to constantly do the plate spinning act, just.

Yup. Always have that little stab of disappointment when I first open it however...

• edited April 2017

The automation is what really make its shine. I'm a big fan of the whole, give the user a few choice parameters to tweak for maximum impact and let them go nuts with automation type thing. if this type of thing was combined with perhaps a handful of more tracks, and panning, i doubt i'd use much else, at least for a time. I dunno what Allihoopa plans to do with it though, they're about on the level of Korg when it comes to responding to requests. "thanks we'll forward that to the team"

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    The eight bar limit is the main reason I don't use figure

Yeah, I don't have any objections to having access to longer patterns. :)

>

It is great for freestylim' and I'll always keep it handy for that, on my old iPod touch.....just need a decent way of the 30 pin to the mixer though.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I would be really happy about an IAP that unlocks the synthengine so that we could make our own sounds. Yeah more sounds!

I also hope that Allihoopa keeps developing Figure. It's been a number one music tool for me since I started with IOS music stuff. It's like one of my best friends. =D

In other news @jakoB_haQ, I spent half an hour earlier using your Nave patch E.V.E., really very fine work...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

In other news @jakoB_haQ, I spent half an hour earlier using your Nave patch E.V.E., really very fine work...

If it had midi out I'd be there all day long :)