Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Worlds First USB SYNTH CONTROLLER for the iPad Pro

OMG

Comments

• Pretty tough to find these not bundled up with the PC Legacy Collection.

There's one with the bundle on Aussie eBay for AU$400.

Surprised to learn it's 13 years old, I remember when they came out and being impressed (before I got in mobile music creation of course ...), iThing integration is pretty tight.

• I remember this thing, hey is it class compliant?

• @kobamoto said:
    I remember this thing, hey is it class compliant?

The vid shows it controlling other synths too via MIDI learn so I guess so.

Just wondering what I'd be willing to pay for one second hand ... $150 to $200 maybe for it's utility?

• edited April 2017

Thats pretty damn cool, especially since you can midilearn that to other synths as well. But considering that used ms20mini isnt all that expensive, i could pay something like 150-200€ i could pay for one if i needed it.

• What's the big deal?
    He sounds like he just discovered midi learn?
    I do this with my 50£ PCR300 on M-15, Animoog, iSEM etc....

The problem is after you mapped everything....on a dozen of synths...do you remember what is mapped to what? You're still looking at a Korg controller that has nothing to with the iPad synth...The thing is perfect for MS-20...but what happens if you want to use it with iElectribe? Which is midi hard wired?

BCR2000 can use template overlays where you can write the CCs/functions to remember what synth is which patch...

• What world? :|

• Well, it was introduced in 2004. So it probably is the worlds first, if is indeed made for the iPad Pro, that is. :#

• @kobamoto said:

yes it is lol i dont know how lol

• @TheVimFuego said:

@kobamoto said:

Just wondering what I'd be willing to pay for one second hand ... $150 to $200 maybe for it's utility?

I got mines for $125 yesturday

• @soundklinik said:
    What's the big deal?

The problem is after you mapped everything....on a dozen of synths...do you remember what is mapped to what? You're still looking at a Korg controller that has nothing to with the iPad synth...The thing is perfect for MS-20...but what happens if you want to use it with iElectribe? Which is midi hard wired?

BCR2000 can use template overlays where you can write the CCs/functions to remember what synth is which patch...

Well I map everything to the corresponding controller. Or In some cases I just go buy Knob layout. But if you always put the same midi learn on the same knob its just memory at that point. But thats just how my brain works. Its like a softube console 1 but for synths . If you can look at is at a generic synth controller. Most midi controllers dont have knobs that have vso modulation and evlopre control and labeled as such. Im new to synths so to speack so it helps me when using that many synths that i have. This also works with your mac or PC. How can you not bask in the glory of this controller lol

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Well, it was introduced in 2004. So it probably is the worlds first, if is indeed made for the iPad Pro, that is. :#

It wasnt made for it when it was originally released because there were no idevices. But its a perfect match

• @anickt said:
    What world? :|

you have another?

• @Shazamm said:

@soundklinik said:
    What's the big deal?

Well I map everything to the corresponding controller. Or In some cases I just go buy Knob layout. But if you always put the same midi learn on the same knob its just memory at that point. But thats just how my brain works. Its like a softube console 1 but for synths . If you can look at is at a generic synth controller. Most midi controllers dont have knobs that have vso modulation and evlopre control and labeled as such. Im new to synths so to speack so it helps me when using that many synths that i have. This also works with your mac or PC. How can you not bask in the glory of this controller lol

I do share your enthusiasm because it's a beauty... but you don't go into details....MIDI in? Out? Channels?
    Like can controls have different CC assigned to them? For example iElectribe is hard wired with its own CCs. If Korg MS-20iC is hard wired?...What do you do then?
    Is there a bank save?
    I would like this controller with Moog M15...

The advantage of a standard midi controller is that controls are easily assigned....and written on a layover...
    What do you do with Knob layout on the MS? It's all labelled.

• @Shazamm said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@kobamoto said:

I got mines for $125 yesturday

Sounds like a decent buy, enjoy!

• @soundklinik said:

@Shazamm said:

@soundklinik said:
    What's the big deal?

I do share your enthusiasm because it's a beauty... but you don't go into details....MIDI in? Out? Channels?
    Like can controls have different CC assigned to them? For example iElectribe is hard wired with its own CCs. If Korg MS-20iC is hard wired?...What do you do then?
    Is there a bank save?
    I would like this controller with Moog M15...

The advantage of a standard midi controller is that controls are easily assigned....and written on a layover...
    What do you do with Knob layout on the MS? It's all labelled.

I Show in the midi it works with imini from arturia . Im using it with the model 15 right now. You can midi learn or cc map the knobs easy in any ipad app that allows sir. Thats why I love it. I dont even use Ims-20 lol

• @soundklinik said:
    What's the big deal?

Two things: first, the hardware patch bay also works to control the Ims20 virtual patch bay. It feels like magic. Second, when midi learning with something like this, you don't need overlays for most subtractive synths. You map the filter cutoff knob to filter cutoff, AMP attack knob to AMP attack, etc. It feels a lot more natural than static banks of 8 knobs/sliders/buttons as on the PCR and BCR with labels.

• Not suggesting this is worth it or not (to each their own and all that) but those are the particular things about it that make it more valuable to me than regular midi controllers. Alas, mine was a long term loan and I no longer have it. If I didn't already have similar bonuses via the x-station (and used iMS20 more), I'd be looking for one of these.

• @syrupcore said:

@soundklinik said:
    What's the big deal?

Two things: first, the hardware patch bay also works to control the Ims20 virtual patch bay. It feels like magic. Second, when midi learning with something like this, you don't need overlays for most subtractive synths. You map the filter cutoff knob to filter cutoff, AMP attack knob to AMP attack, etc. It feels a lot more natural than static banks of 8 knobs/sliders/buttons as on the PCR and BCR with labels.

OMG thank you

• Or you could build one of these....
    http://www.synth-project.de/mc20.html

although I intend to build this first...
    http://www.synth-project.de/ivcs3_controller.html
    or this...
    http://www.synth-project.de/animoog.html

but the Korg MS20 ic would be cheaper

• @midiSequencer said:
    Or you could build one of these....
    http://www.synth-project.de/mc20.html

although I intend to build this first...
    http://www.synth-project.de/ivcs3_controller.html
    or this...
    http://www.synth-project.de/animoog.html

but the Korg MS20 ic would be cheaper

He seems to have slowed down over the last couple of years. Probably out of room!

• A long while ago I fancied making a synth patch panel out of optical parts. The commonly available consumer-level 3.5mm spdif optical leads and jacks would work for analogue, I imagine, but the diodes would push the signal span away from zero by the forward voltage of the LED, plus the receptor, so that's not good. However, for PWM it'd work nicely, and for just sending digital serial packeted data from one patch jack to another would work nicely, if the rest of the synth were totally software based and digital too.

• the best iPad synth controller is an iPad running TC-Data ;)
    YouTube clips and examples don't do it's capabilities justice at all.
    In fact it's a bit demanding to setup as you have to start at a very basic level (imho) to get familiar to it's mode of operation - but after that it's pure inspiration and takes software instruments to a new level.

• +1 ... Individualized multigestural sonic exploration.

• I have one of the Korg thingies, have had it since release......still going strong although mainly gathering dust at the moment as I stopped using iMS20, but that is only temporary......someone did mention that the cc's are pretty much the same as those used in the gadget synths but I haven't tried it.
    They keys are complete pants but the controls and cables work a treat.

• The MS-20ic is nice. I bought one in January from Ebay for $150US. I've had 3 at various times since 2012. I would sell it but then miss it and end up buying it again:) In addition to working great with Ipad synths it works great with PC/Mac synths such as N.I. Monark!

• I can't remember: is the keyboard polyphonic when used with poly synths? I recall that it was but not entirely sure.

• It's a shame they didn't do a desktop version without the keys like they did with the analogue ms20.

• @syrupcore said:
    I can't remember: is the keyboard polyphonic when used with poly synths? I recall that it was but not entirely sure.

Likewise, I seem to recall also using it with PolySix and Legacy Cell from the collection on PC, but not quite 100% positive on that....I am currently distracted by house decorating and only really getting a few grasped moments with StepPolyArp/AB3/MidiFX as the circuit, controllers, guitars etc have all been packed away to make way for the decorating. if I get a chance I'll check it out.

• Its midi cc mapping on ipad is cool because you can map vco to the vco and then its muscle memory from there on each app

• OMG I love this things and Moog Model 15