Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Ableton Push 2 faulty power button

Apologies if this is off topic but I just purchased Ableton Push 2. I got home and got very excited about experimenting with this beauty. However my excitement was short lived. When I switched Push 2 on it told me it was updating firmware then it told me to switch Push off and back on again. I switched it off but the problem is I cannot switch it back on. I tried keeping the power button pressed with my finger and it does switch on but once I release my finger it powers off again.

I phoned up my local music store and reported it as a defect. I have to take it back to get replacement. However I have already registered Push 2 on my Ableton account. How can I unregister it?

Comments

• Just contact Ableton support. They are great and will help you out.

• @echoopera said:
    Just contact Ableton support. They are great and will help you out.

I sent them an email.

Just my luck to get a defective unit. However, it was working fine before it told me it was installing firmware and I had to switch off and on again and thats when the unit refused to switch back on unless I held the power button with my finger. :(

• Another possible fix:

• edited April 2017

@jigglypuff said:
    Another possible fix:

Thanks for the suggestions but I think it isn't an electrical problem. What a I think it is is a mechanical problem with the power switch. My Push 2 only powers on when I keep my finger pressed on the power button. When I remove my finger from the power button, it just switches off. So to me it sounds like the spring that clicks that keeps the power button on the contact for it to work is broken or come lose.

If anyone else has a Push 2 could they tell me if the power button is supposed to click when pressed to power on? The power button doesn't click on my unit.

There is definitely something wrong with the unit if I have to keep my finger on the power button to keep it powered on.

• I got a reply from Ableton support. They told me they have removed the Push 2 licence from my account and to take my faulty Push 2 back to my local music store for a replacement or full refund.