Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amplitube' Fender Collection 2 moves to iPad!

And it sounds very good!

Comments

• edited April 2017

Boy, could they have gotten a more annoying guy or a louder talker? (No offense, if that's you)

• Yeh, the demo guy is an acquired taste ... the modelling sounds pretty good, the responsiveness to picking style and changing volume seems impressive.

I sent Amplitube off to the cloud when I decided to focus on Bias/Tonestack, not to say it sounds bad I just had too many options.

Given I can also run through a Fender Mustang floor unit I really don't need anything else (other than time ... Easter break, yay!)

• when is it out to purchase?
    cant find it in the store.

• @dblonde said:
    when is it out to purchase?
    cant find it in the store.

I think it's an IAP in Amplitube.

• Don't think it's out yet.

• edited April 2017

The update has just landed in the UK store.

• edited April 2017

£19.99 might wait for a sale :)

• @richardyot said:

Wait , is this a whole different app or an expansion? I thought it was an add on pack for Amplitube not a stand alone.

• edited April 2017

@Tritonman said:

@richardyot said:

Wait , is this a whole different app or an expansion? I thought it was an add on pack for Amplitube not a stand alone.

Yes, it's added as new pack within Amplitube.

• edited April 2017

Hmm, how many Fender amps do I need? I already have the first collection. Are these supposed to be better quality or what's the deal here? What really turns me off with Amplitube is how you can't move FX from one slot to another.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Boy, could they have gotten a more annoying guy or a louder talker? (No offense, if that's you)

That's Greg Koch. He's a brilliant guitarist and a great choice to show off these amps. He's definitely loud and quirky. I think he used to have his own radio show.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking these out.

• edited April 2017

Grec koch is a fantastic player.there is a master class from him on you tube that'sreally inspiring.this'man knows what he 's talking about.

• I would not give them 20 bucks for an IAP in an app I already deleted because it was inferior to others. Hell, I would not pay that for Amplitube complete .

• I might just get one of the amps without the bundle.

• @Munibeast said:
    Hmm, how many Fender amps do I need? I already have the first collection. Are these supposed to be better quality or what's the deal here? What really turns me off with Amplitube is how you can't move FX from one slot to another.

The new Fender collection leans toward the classic tweed tones, which have more grit. They're much more plug-and-play, while the typical blackface Fender amps give shimmering cleans and make a good base for layering effects.

As for the FX slots, how do you mean? You should be able to hold and drag a pedal from one slot to another. Check out this screen shot, where I'm mid-drag:

• FWIW the update includes 3 new amps and 5 pedals for free (separate from fender 2 collection). Haven't tried them but I'm a big fan of the engl and mesa amps in amplitube.

• edited April 2017

I'm not giving them another cent. Updates to AmpliTube and SampleTank when Lurssen's been broken for six months? I'm sure if they had a shiny new IAP (cha ching!) to add to Lurssen, they would have updated it. Why fix it if you can't profit from it, right?

I definitely would have bought the new Fender package.

I should add that I was playing with the two tweed amps in Tonestack this morning, and they do sound pretty damn good.

• Greg Koch could make a toaster sound good. He's a badass.

• @supanorton said:
    Greg Koch could make a toaster sound good. He's a badass.

Love it, lol.....

• Just redowloaded amplitube fender and i must say it sounds great.To be fair,i think their fender amp sims sounder better than everything else on ios.demo to come.

• Greg Koch is a brilliant player. Yeah he gets a bit 'Robin Williams' but I'll take some personality over some great players who seem like they're on their third Xanax/Cannabis edible (looking at you Eric Johnson & Satriani) and just mumble through the interview. They're asked about their gear and it's like one sentence "That's a great amp." "I use Telecasters.", etc...

These Fender models sound good but a player like Koch will make a broken Crate practice amp sound glorious. I'm with @TheVimFuego, I bought everything for AmpKit & ToneStack and several JamUp/BIAS IAP's so I have an abundance of choices when laying down guitar (plus an SM57 1/2 of an inch off the grill of a tube Champ is an option too.)

I have most of the AmpliTube add ons (never got the Mesa Boogie set) but as usable as they are the Yonac app & AmpKit just sound better. The thing with Amplitube is it's the brand name real deal stuff...but it's a huge case of don't judge a book by its cover. It says Fender on screen but doesn't sound as good as the "California" or "Tweed" amps from the other apps...that needs to be remedied before I will buy more ikMultimedia amp sims.

• edited April 2017

I like all Fender real gear! For my ears the first Fender bundle within Amplitube was great! The YouTube demo of the second one sounds very inspiring! So I think i definitely going to test it today or later.

• @kgmessier said:

@Munibeast said:

The new Fender collection leans toward the classic tweed tones, which have more grit. They're much more plug-and-play, while the typical blackface Fender amps give shimmering cleans and make a good base for layering effects.

As for the FX slots, how do you mean? You should be able to hold and drag a pedal from one slot to another. Check out this screen shot, where I'm mid-drag:

Okay, I'm an idiot. I didn't know that was possible. :blush:

• I have to say that I really like amplitube, I think it sounds the best of any of the amp apps. That wasn't always true but the newer version, with the dual mics, is really really good, at least it is on bass. I've gotten away from amp modeling in ios for the most part recently, but when I do use it I like amplitube the best.

• edited April 2017

Demo of fender pack 2 later today.

• Dunno, I'm not mad on the tones in AmpliTube, I find they lack warmth compared to BIAS and TS. I like clean, warm tones and AmpliTube doesn't have quite enough low-end warmth for me, and the highs sound digital (they have that slight flangey edge you get from over-compressed MP3s). I have pretty much all of the IAPs in all three of the guitar apps but every time I try AmpliTube I end up feeling a bit disappointed. YMMV.

None of the guitar apps have a reverb that can stack up these days, so I generally route them via AUM or AB into AltiVerb or the Virsyn reverb, but even then AmpliTube doesn't seem to sound as good as the others.

• I'm really impressed by this new pack.a LOT of fun playing with it.
    A long ;) demo is coming.i will use this a lot.

• 50% off peeps...trigger pulled! :)

• I've never bothered much with the Amplitube branded amps, but the licensed stuff rivals anything I've ever used, including the real amps themselves. I gig with Fender 2 every week and I've never been happier with my tone.

• @marliess said:
    50% off peeps...trigger pulled! :)

Yeah, that Fender 2 collection saved Amplitube for me. I preferred ToneStack or BIAS but that collection is incredible. I guess that new modeling technology is for real.

Man I thought the Mesa Boogie bundle was still on sale for $14.99...nope, says it's $25 bucks again... :disappointed: