Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

my 2nd album release!

have a listen - mostly smooth, chilled, downtempo electronica i guess you'd classify as. Half the songs made with Gadget (and some imported samples) - other half with Garageband and various other ios apps (including the new Alchemy in GB! so nice)

https://bristolmanor.bandcamp.com/album/oscillations

Comments

• This is really good stuff, production is excellent, will try have proper listen when i dont have to get up in am

• Great record Halftone. That Alchemy sits nice in your mix. Thanks for sharing your music here.

• Congrats! I love your stuff.

• Really nice...so chilled and very clear production

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    This is really good stuff, production is excellent, will try have proper listen when i dont have to get up in am

@sbcfx said:
    Great record Halftone. That Alchemy sits nice in your mix. Thanks for sharing your music here.

@richardyot said:
    Congrats! I love your stuff.

@Love3quency said:
    Really nice...so chilled and very clear production

thanks alot everyone! - appreciate taking the time to listen - let alone comment.

• Congrats on a great release. Cool and smooth...there's a lot to like here.

• Congratulations! Sort of like John Carpenter with a few muscle relaxers in him. Nice evolving compositions, and I agree with the other comments, a terrific, crystal clear production :sunglasses:

• @TozBourne said:
    Congrats on a great release. Cool and smooth...there's a lot to like here.

@eustressor said:
    Congratulations! Sort of like John Carpenter with a few muscle relaxers in him. Nice evolving compositions, and I agree with the other comments, a terrific, crystal clear production :sunglasses:

thanks guys! "..like John Carpenter with a few muscle relaxers in him" <-- love that!

• Listening now, very nice!!

• Good stuff!

Really like the first 2 tracks. Strong and nicely crafted production.

The string sound (Violin?) on track 2 is lovely. And the vocals onMore info please! :)

Knew I'd be buying the album after hearing those first 2.

The 2nd half of the album, is great too.

Great to listen to while working on the laptop or giving a spin while drifting off to sleep.

I have the album on repeat! :)

• for an IOS production (I assume) it's remarkebly balanced.
    Occasionally I'd have appreciated a real bass, in particular because you seem to like the classic Fender Precision sound, and some real guitar wouldn't have hurt either.
    But that's probably just my taste as a (humble) player of those things.
    Anyway, well done B)

• Very cool, @Halftone! Congratulations!

• Great production with an interesting variety sounds. Had my head bobbing along.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Good stuff!

Really like the first 2 tracks. Strong and nicely crafted production.

The string sound (Violin?) on track 2 is lovely. And the vocals onMore info please! :)

Knew I'd be buying the album after hearing those first 2.

The 2nd half of the album, is great too.

Great to listen to while working on the laptop or giving a spin while drifting off to sleep.

I have the album on repeat! :)

Thanks a lot everyone! Means a lot

@SpookyZoo the violin is actually one of those Chinese instruments from GarageBand - Ertu I think it's called.

The vocals on track 1 - - I'm always looking for vocal samples online. I don't often find many great ones - but when I do I keep them in AudioShare and or Blocs Waves more often. I found a sample pack with 10 vocal phrases - having them in Blocs allows me to quickly audition (pitch and tempo change) them with song ideas I've started in AUM or Gadget or what ever - synced via Link. I stitched together 2 vocal phrases over a track I had started and as soon as I heard them I couldn't get enough!

• Thanks @Halftone

I'll have to re-download Garageband to check that Ertu out. :)

Cool info. The vocal samples work really well with the tune.

• Two tracks in. Loving it.

Did you master with anything (outside of Gadget / Garage Band)? If so what/how, please?

• Bought! I like to try and support people on Bandcamp, if the music is good, and this most certainly is.

• Yep. Bought too.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Two tracks in. Loving it.

Did you master with anything (outside of Gadget / Garage Band)? If so what/how, please?

thanks again everyone .. @Matt_Fletcher_2000 - I take all my tracks and send them to my work computer, run them through Adobe Audtion and use a Mastering preset - nothing fancy - just to give some volume boost.

• @Halftone said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

thanks again everyone .. @Matt_Fletcher_2000 - I take all my tracks and send them to my work computer, run them through Adobe Audtion and use a Mastering preset - nothing fancy - just to give some volume boost.

Cool. I have Audition - not that I've used it. Might try that sometime.

• @Halftone said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

this may read simple, but can make a significant difference in final output.
    At least that's my impression during the final steps on a desktop DAW ;)

• Nice! Constrained, well composed and produced. Congrats!

• @halftone Can I please ask (beg) for more info on how you performed the Erhu part on track 2.

I re downloaded GarageBand but seemed limited on that instrument to the visible notes.

Your track has some lovely deep sounds and performance of that instrument and I'm desperate to know how you did it. I could lose hours jamming on that if I had the secret. :)

Cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @halftone Can I please ask (beg) for more info on how you performed the Erhu part on track 2.

I re downloaded GarageBand but seemed limited on that instrument to the visible notes.

Your track has some lovely deep sounds and performance of that instrument and I'm desperate to know how you did it. I could lose hours jamming on that if I had the secret. :)

Cheers

I'll be honest - it was one of those "got lucky and nailed it on the first take". I didn't rehearse anything beforehand. I doubt I'd get something close to that good if I tried another 20 times. (This happens to me often - the first take or two ends up being the best). The magic and wonder of making music I guess. I wish I could offer more insight... I set the key to minor pentatonic so that limited the number of notes on screen for playing.. (Probably doesn't help).

Glad you're enjoying that track!

• edited May 2017

Cheers @Halftone . The sound I'm loving is the deep string solo starting from 2:54. It almost sounds like a cello at times. I can't get the Erhu that deep at all. Is there octave settings or something.?

Ha, I'm sounding obsessed now. :)

• Don't think there was octave settling. Maybe after recording you could select the notes and see how low they go?

• @Halftone Been listening to this album a lot recently. Really like it all the way through. Fantastically produced stuff and loads of good grooves, sounds and ideas.

Could you tell me which tracks were Gadget? I like to listen and think about how you made various sounds. Gives me ideas for my own Gadget stuff!

• thanks @Matt_Fletcher_2000, Going back in time a bit for this one eh? .. I just released a new album 2 days ago!

..But for this one - I thought the album was half Gadget songs, but it appears only 3, 5, & 7 were Gadget - although track 6 started in Gadget - then moved over to Garageband (but I think I kept the drum and bass loop exported from Gadget in there).

• Really like Harmonic Commission