Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Three questions about Model 15:

• Is it possible to route a single EG to more than one destination? I tried with the reversible atenuators, which seems to be the only things with obvious multiple outs besides the auxiliary oscilator, but it didn't work for this;
    • Talking about the auxiliary oscilator, is there a way to get it working as a LFO (sub audio switch) and yet use the third oscilator as a regular audio oscilator? Or the switch will convert necessarily both to LFOs?
    • iMS20, one of my fav synths, has less flexible routing than Model 15: for example, there are hard-coded routes that appear as knobs just below the HP and the LP filters. It make things easier for some patches, while making some others impossible to develop on iMS20. On the other hand, there is also a hard-coded "ring" option in the second oscilator, whereas no such obvious ring modulation option is available in Model 15. Again, is it even possible on Model 15?

Thank you all,
Dimitri.

Comments

• 1 yes, there are two multi blocks, one in the bottom left of the mixer module, one under the reversible attenuator to the right of it.

2 no, but i highly recommend using midiLFOs with m15 to get 4 fancy LFOs and free up the 3rd osc on the m15

3 no ring modulator on the m15, maybe someday

• and hopefully an intelligent randomizer like in animoog some day soon as well!!

• If you use the reversible attenuator, you can make sort of a Ring Modulator, just patch one oscillator to the input, and other to the control

• @Rafael_laurenti said:
    If you use the reversible attenuator, you can make sort of a Ring Modulator, just patch one oscillator to the input, and other to the control

outstanding tip thanks!

• @Rafael_laurenti said:
    If you use the reversible attenuator, you can make sort of a Ring Modulator, just patch one oscillator to the input, and other to the control

Thank you, Rafael!

@wellingtonCres said:
    1 yes, there are two multi blocks, one in the bottom left of the mixer module, one under the reversible attenuator to the right of it.

Thank you, Wellington!

• You can also plug the EG output into the upper attenuators...if you don't plug anything into the other two attenuator inputs, then each output will pass the EG signal, with an individual attenuator adjustment for all 3 outputs, for fine tuning.
    This is the best way to route any signal to multiple destinations.

• @Audiohub said:
    You can also plug the EG output into the upper attenuators...if you don't plug anything into the other two attenuator inputs, then each output will pass the EG signal, with an individual attenuator adjustment for all 3 outputs, for fine tuning.
    This is the best way to route any signal to multiple destinations.

Thank you, Audiohub!

• edited April 2017

That's why I love this forum. Finally get my way around the multipliers - they are interchangeably inputs and outputs - and the ring modulation path described by Rafael works like a charm. In fact, Model 15 just surpassed Twin 2 and iMS20 as my fav iOS synth in the past couple of hours.

• Top thread.

• @gusgranite said:
    Top thread.

Top synth too.

• I love this thread, I wish I had specific questions. But I'm more a fiddle around and eventually discover something new by accident dude.

• I spent a very nice day with Model 15, programming more than 50 presets, and many of them thanks to the various tips I got in this thread: thank you all!

• @theconnactic said:
    I spent a very nice day with Model 15, programming more than 50 presets, and many of them thanks to the various tips I got in this thread: thank you all!

any chance you could share said presets ?

• I note it just came in with an update.

• edited April 2017

@u0421793 said:
    I note it just came in with an update.

Yeah, waiting for Doug or Tom to make demos of the new soundpacks.

• Just went through the symphony one. A few very impressive ones among the Switched on Bach selection.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@theconnactic said:
    I spent a very nice day with Model 15, programming more than 50 presets, and many of them thanks to the various tips I got in this thread: thank you all!

any chance you could share said presets?

Seconded. That way maybe I can reverse-engineer the patches to possibly understand what is being discussed in this thread. I feel like I stumbled into a grad-level workshop the first week of freshman year sometimes. (I also love the forum for this very reason.)

• edited April 2017

The Mercurial Strategies pack rules. I very rarely want to use presets in songs, but there were a ton that I had instant ideas for. All the patches have solid liner notes, too, to tell you what's going on.

• Thanks for this. Really cool and excellent liner notes.

• edited April 2017

@oat_phipps said:
    The Mercurial Strategies pack rules. I very rarely want to use presets in songs, but there were a ton that I had instant ideas for. All the patches have solid liner notes, too, to tell you what's going on.

Alrighty, I'll take a punt on that. Not picked up any IAPs from Model 15 yet, quality synth though and AB update warrants splashing a bit of $.

(Edit) Yes, an hour's noodling later, much to work with there!

• Typical top stuff from Moog - works brilliantly in AB3 and the new IAP's sound amazing to me :)

• P.S.: my website is already online: as soon as I learn how to do it, I'll share some presets I made with Model 15 there. I'll keep you posted!

• @theconnactic said:
    P.S.: my website is already online: as soon as I learn how to do it, I'll share some presets I made with Model 15 there. I'll keep you posted!

looking forward to it :D