Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quick question: Cubasis and Automation

I have been enjoying the relative simplicity of automating effects etc in Cubasis, but wonder if there's a way to copy them? Currently I apply Read/Write motions to a bar or two and would like to replicate them later in a tune, but copying and pasting said bars only seems to copy the notes not the automation. Any way to do this?

Comments

• For me their are two ways to have automation. The automation editor and just then cc values in the note editor. Both seem to work to copy and paste from one track to the next. Use select (this has a different procedure depending on if its in the automation editor or the note editor) to highlight the area you want to copy then click copy on the main toolbar then change track and paste. Is that it?
    I really like cubasis for its midi editing, my favorite now even though I love modStep

• Maybe I should buy Cubasis (although waiting for BM3 ...). I too love Modstep, but I find its midi editor quite confusing at times. Automating cc is important to me, glad to hear this is well supported in Cubasis after all.

Modstep: why do you place all these grey boxes at seemingly random places in the editor? It makes no sense.

• @Richtowns said:
    For me their are two ways to have automation. The automation editor and just then cc values in the note editor. Both seem to work to copy and paste from one track to the next. Use select (this has a different procedure depending on if its in the automation editor or the note editor) to highlight the area you want to copy then click copy on the main toolbar then change track and paste. Is that it?
    I really like cubasis for its midi editing, my favorite now even though I love modStep

Will have another stumble about. Thanks for your reply.

• Same question, I make thousands of little segments with severals automations each and when I do copy/paste only the notes have been copied I have to copy all theses automations separately, any trick?

• edited October 2019

@Infraworld said:
    Same question, I make thousands of little segments with severals automations each and when I do copy/paste only the notes have been copied I have to copy all theses automations separately, any trick?

Select automation points from Automation editor, copy using the toolbar icon, open automation editor for another track and paste from toolbar icon. Automation editor has its own Select and Erase actions. You can manually select the points by tapping on them or bulk select with the Select mode. Double tap to select all. Pasting works if you choose the same automation type in another track (pan => pan, volume => volume, etc)