Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Could you please rate FugueMachine?

13»

Comments

• Germany: 5 points!

• @Alexandernaut said:
    hey hey, if I understand correctly, you may already be able to accomplish what you want. If you go to More Menu > Settings > MIDI Input Settings, and set 'Receive Program Change' to ON, incoming Program Changes will change the patterns in the Pattern Library.

/ If you'd like to MIDI Note Messages (or any other MIDI message) to make the changes, perhaps you can use MidiFlow to route from [whatever messages you want] to Program Changes.

Hope this helps :]

Thanks, Alex! That's great news and very helpful. (Figuring these things out on my own tends to take much longer... ;)

btw - in addition to some great app design, this is the jam!

• Updated my review and I'll make an effort to keep it updated from now on! Quick question re: GarageBand IAA. I've got MIDI Clock and Start/Stop working great, but it seems that FM wants to use the Audiobus 2 switching/transport dock. Problem is, I don't have AB2 installed (and haven't purchased AB3 yet), so it's just a blank white tab at the left edge of the screen. Is this a known bug?

If so, is there an IAA transport dock built into FM or is transport/app switching AB only? Not a big deal either way, I just don't want to miss out on it if it's there

• @nw1 said:

:blush::

@jrjulius said:
    Updated my review and I'll make an effort to keep it updated from now on! Quick question re: GarageBand IAA. I've got MIDI Clock and Start/Stop working great, but it seems that FM wants to use the Audiobus 2 switching/transport dock. Problem is, I don't have AB2 installed (and haven't purchased AB3 yet), so it's just a blank white tab at the left edge of the screen. Is this a known bug?

If so, is there an IAA transport dock built into FM or is transport/app switching AB only? Not a big deal either way, I just don't want to miss out on it if it's there

Thanks for the review :) And hmmm, that shouldn't happen, and must be from the Audiobus SDK as I don't roll my own. Does it happen every time?

• @Alexandernaut said:

@nw1 said:

:blush::

@jrjulius said:
    Updated my review and I'll make an effort to keep it updated from now on! Quick question re: GarageBand IAA. I've got MIDI Clock and Start/Stop working great, but it seems that FM wants to use the Audiobus 2 switching/transport dock. Problem is, I don't have AB2 installed (and haven't purchased AB3 yet), so it's just a blank white tab at the left edge of the screen. Is this a known bug?

Thanks for the review :) And hmmm, that shouldn't happen, and must be from the Audiobus SDK as I don't roll my own. Does it happen every time?

It happens every time but not on initial launch. I have to:
    --Open FM via the IAA menu in GB
    --Double tap the home button and switch back to GB
    --Use the FM badge in GB to switch back to FM. The left hand edge shows the little white AB tab and it reacts to touch, but since I'm not using AB, there are no controls or badges. Just a little white tab.

It's not annoying and it doesn't hurt anything. I'm just curious whether I'm missing out on an IAA control bar.

This is on an iPad Mini 4 running iOS 10.3, but I remember it happening on earlier versions of iOS 10 too. I used Audiobus 2 on iOS 9 but I've restored the iPad since uninstalling AB.

I should also add that FM's MIDI out is one of the biggest drives for me to pick up AB3, I'm just holding out a bit longer. I buy too many apps without having the time to work with them and then they languish in my download list for months. And IAA works really well!

• Two things that are missing in this app.

IAA "thing" that enables switch between apps, when I use AUM for example. Why it is not there? It's annoying

SYNC to first beat with LINK, NOT to next beat. This somewhat defeats the purpose of Link.

• @soundklinik said:
    Two things that are missing in this app.

IAA "thing" that enables switch between apps, when I use AUM for example. Why it is not there? It's annoying

SYNC to first beat with LINK, NOT to next beat. This somewhat defeats the purpose of Link.

what do you mean by next beat ? with my testing it seems to be spot on in the first beat.....

• Try with individual playheads.

• Yeah, the link sync is fine. It's that the app was designed to allow the user to "play" the playheads.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yeah, the link sync is fine. It's that the app was designed to allow the user to "play" the playheads.

I wish the playheads were Linked too...would make sense no?

• @soundklinik said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yeah, the link sync is fine. It's that the app was designed to allow the user to "play" the playheads.

I wish the playheads were Linked too...would make sense no?

For my purposes, yes. I've read others on the forum who prefer them un-Linked for their use case.

• Is there no chance for an iPhone version @Alexandernaut ? Sorry I don't know where else to ask

• Romania 5 points. Love the Eurovision ;)

• Done. Fugue machine is genius.