Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Step Poly Arp sync issue, Help!

I've been having sync problems with this app for some time. The issue is the arpeggiated notes are lagging behind the source (in this case chords from fugue machine).

As the arpeggiated notes are not 'on the beat' this leads to the incorrect 'lowest' note being played when the chord changes. I have attached an AB3 set up screen shot so hopefully others can test the issue.

It doesn't matter whether I'm using MIDI sync, Link or routing through AB3 the problem still occurs. It's not an issue with Cubasis as I have the same issue recording into gadget. Have contacted the dev but he can't shed any light currently. Help appreciated!

Comments

• I can't help you, sorry, but i've run into this issue too

In my case it seems to come and go and i haven't tested it methodically in order to find the culprit

• I'd be interested in finding out how many SPA users are getting 'perfect sync' and those who are getting the above issues

• To be honest it runs pretty perfectly on time for me with modstep+step poly+gadget

• All with ableton link enabled only. No midi sync. All running standalone.

• Steppolyarp also seems to have become zombiesque .

• I'm still having this issue with Xequence sending notes to SPA loaded in AUM and SPA sending notes to any AUv3 synth loaded in AUM.

• My solution is to not use Audiobus Sync Start/Stop.
    SPAU will begin to run when the first notes are sent, but there is a delay between the AB start/stop and the notes hitting SPAU.

Because of this, you may need to press the record button in Cubasis, then switch to Fugue and press play.
    Once you've finished playing, press stop within both apps, then in Cubasis manually drag the recorded tracks to the start point.

• Well the seq mode lags less. I just move all notes 1/16 to the left in xequence piano roll. In the arp mode beside that I also needed to write sequence so that it’s last note is actually the first played. And also sometimes sequence retriggers while note is playing. So I’ll stick with seq mode for now