Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New ipad 2017 vs ipad Air 2 Full comparison including speed test!

New ipad 2017 vs ipad Air 2 Full comparison including speed test!

Also have a look at the comments about the comparison, for example:
You know the CPU is 10-15% better, there are certain areas where the GPU in A9 is worse than A8x

Comments

• I'm not going to buy a new iPad because Angry Birds launch 0.00009 seconds faster.
    Why they always have to test games and not showing any difference in multitasking capabilities.
    They both support 2GB ram, so you won't notice much difference using music apps.

Long live the air2. :)

• Does the new one have the rotation bug? If not I'll swap this bloody Air 2 for one.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Does the new one have the rotation bug? If not I'll swap this bloody Air 2 for one.

What I understood the rotation bug is iPad Air 2 related, so probably not

• @MonzoPro said:
    Does the new one have the rotation bug? If not I'll swap this bloody Air 2 for one.

It's never bothered me, so maybe I will buy the new one and swap for yours depending on the prices at the time lol

• edited April 2017

@MonzoPro said:

i know i asked you once about this but i was at ios 9 at this time and did not suffer from it.But now i'm on ios 10 and forgot what the rotation bug was...i just rotate my air 2 and...everything seems fine...?

• @MonzoPro said:

Planned obsolescence by Apple? ;)

• @Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

i know i asked you once about this but i was at ios 9 at this time and did not suffer from it.But now i'm on ios 10 and forgot what the rotation bug was...i just rotate my air 2 and...everything seems fine...?

Mine occasionally gets 'stuck', either in portrait or landscape mode and it no longer rotates. It hasn't done it for weeks, but just started up the iPad and it was stuck in portrait mode. Doesn't seem to affect everyone for some reason.

I hate it, I absolutely hate it, it turns the iPad into an unusable pile of shit. I wish the pillock responsible for buggering up the code in v10 would pull his finger out and fix what they've broken - never an issue in 9x.

• @Vip8888 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Planned obsolescence by Apple? ;)

Would not surprise me one bit, they're certainly in no hurry to fix it.

• I don't think the soundtrack in the video successfully conveys the importance and excitement around these comparisons.

• @MonzoPro said:

Have you updated to 10.3 yet? I get that rotate bug too, but I haven't noticed it since 10.3... yet. ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Mine occasionally gets 'stuck', either in portrait or landscape mode and it no longer rotates. It hasn't done it for weeks, but just started up the iPad and it was stuck in portrait mode. Doesn't seem to affect everyone for some reason.

I hate it, I absolutely hate it, it turns the iPad into an unusable pile of shit. I wish the pillock responsible for buggering up the code in v10 would pull his finger out and fix what they've broken - never an issue in 9x.

It's like I have the sound cutting out bug with certain apps. It was much discussed at the release of the Air2 and seems to only affect the early batch of Air2 64 gb devices. It's pretty much not discussed now, but it's still an issue with some devices.

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

Have you updated to 10.3 yet? I get that rotate bug too, but I haven't noticed it since 10.3... yet. ;)

First time since the update....thought it was fixed :(

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

It's like I have the sound cutting out bug with certain apps. It was much discussed at the release of the Air2 and seems to only affect the early batch of Air2 64 gb devices. It's pretty much not discussed now, but it's still an issue with some devices.

Ah right, that does happen occasionally but only if I haven't got headphones connected - I though it was feedback protection.

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Ah right, that does happen occasionally but only if I haven't got headphones connected - I though it was feedback protection.

Yeah that's what we all thought at the time, but it happens with some apps before they make sound properly. Luckily it only happens intermittently with two apps I own now. It's rare, but a real pain, as I can't trust the apps to work. Both these apps work fine on my friends iPad Air2. I've had this problem from day one and even after the one and only full factory reset I did on my iPad once.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah that's what we all thought at the time, but it happens with some apps before they make sound properly. Luckily it only happens intermittently with two apps I own now. It's rare, but a real pain, as I can't trust the apps to work. Both these apps work fine on my friends iPad Air2. I've had this problem from day one and even after the one and only full factory reset I did on my iPad once.

Which apps?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Which apps?

Thor is the main culprit. It's always done it for me. Not every time of opening, but most times. It's just recently started doing it with the update of Scythe too, which reminds me, I must report it to the dev lol.

I reported Thor, and have even discussed it online at length, but it seems it only happens to certain people. My friend has an Air2 that has never had the problem with Thor.

After my one factory reset, Thor was the first app I redownloaded. It happened first time!

• iPad mini 4 also has the rotation bug occasionally. Would be very cool if it got fixed. Haven't installed 10.3 on that one yet. Maybe it'll go away...

• @Munibeast said:
    iPad mini 4 also has the rotation bug occasionally. Would be very cool if it got fixed. Haven't installed 10.3 on that one yet. Maybe it'll go away...

Ah that's interesting, thought it was just the Air2.

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Which apps?

Thor is the main culprit. It's always done it for me. Not every time of opening, but most times. It's just recently started doing it with the update of Scythe too, which reminds me, I must report it to the dev lol.

I reported Thor, and have even discussed it online at length, but it seems it only happens to certain people. My friend has an Air2 that has never had the problem with Thor.

After my one factory reset, Thor was the first app I redownloaded. It happened first time!

I don't have a problem with Thor, so maybe mines ok - I didn't get an early model anyway, sat on the fence for a year.

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

Same.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Munibeast said:
    iPad mini 4 also has the rotation bug occasionally. Would be very cool if it got fixed. Haven't installed 10.3 on that one yet. Maybe it'll go away...

Ah that's interesting, thought it was just the Air2.

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Which apps?

I don't have a problem with Thor, so maybe mines ok - I didn't get an early model anyway, sat on the fence for a year.

To be honest, it's no longer bugging me. It's such a small issue compared to what you have going on. I can imagine how annoying that must be, especially as those that don't have it ever, or often, won't believe you lol. I've had that with my issue. People have posted like I'm making it up, but I'm comp savvy enough to know it's nothing I'm doing now lol. Not after over two years lol

• @MonzoPro said:

@Crabman said:

@MonzoPro said:

thanks (again) :smile:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

This is what counts, the rest of the video is bs didn't watch

And what's your conclusion? Do most audio apps use singlecore or multicore?

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

This is what counts, the rest of the video is bs didn't watch

The law of diminishing returns starts to seep in when the changes to specs are as small as the iPad2017 has over the Air 2.

Until iPads get more RAM and an extreme jump in processing, every year we'll get these minor, ehh on paper bumps.

Knock on a woodie, my Air 2 is as fast as it was the day I opened the box two years back. While we may be getting some choice improvements coming up in the Pro line and planned obsolescence is always suspected with big technology, I am still blown away by how stout my Air Deuce is.

Although if you're on a 4 or an OG Air, the +/-$400 for the new cut maybe too cool of a deal to pass up.

• mine arrives tomorrow along with a launchcontrol xl. makes me want to take a vacation day at work! i am incorporating the new ipad with my 12.9" and 6s+

• edited April 2017

I compared my iPad Pro 9'7 with an iPad Air 2 using the very same Auria project. The performance delta was noticeable. Since they both have 2 GB of RAM, I think the A9X was the main factor. The new iPad has an A9, non-X, right?

• P.S.: Single core, 3039; Multicore, 4946 (iPad Pro).

• Processing speed specs are just willy waving. Give it a couple of years and it'll be turgid and soporific, you'll wonder how you ever got anything done on it. Same as any computer.

• But the Air2 has Blast Processing.

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.