Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any flux:fx from noiise users here?

If so, have you found it to be unstable and temperamental on 10.3? I've pinged them on twitter and email asking about updates? If you use the app could you do the same so they realize that there are users out here who love their app. Thanks!

Comments

• Flux:Fx is on the IOS 11 kill list if it's not updated....

• Yep. Sucks.

• Flux play the iPhone version works great for me on iPhone6+ and iPad Air1 and 2

• So much hype around this one when it dropped. Let's hope they make it iOS 11 compatible, but I don't see it being developed any further. Probably didn't meet sales expectations...

• @telecharge said:
    So much hype around this one when it dropped. Let's hope they make it iOS 11 compatible, but I don't see it being developed any further. Probably didn't meet sales expectations...

Yeah...I seem to recall an announcement somewhere along those lines...since they didn't have the numbers they weren't going to sustain it. damn shame...it's a blast to use.

• edited April 2017

Quite a shame if it won't be updated - considering how much resources must have gone into it, to get it released in the first place. As far as I'm aware, it was never updated.

Just shows that even with the input of an internationally renowned artist, a PR company and a great app combined, it still doesn't have appeared to sell as was hoped for (?)

• It IS a pity. Will be kept on the 'old' never-to-be-updated machine and will be got out for an occasional fondle on rainy days etc.

• Good news. From noiise:

"Hi policarpo
    We are currently looking into the 64bit update - hope to have more info for you soon!
    Cheers
    Nick - NOIISE

Nick Mueller
    Chief Creative Officer"

Woot woot!

• I've asked NOIISE on facebook to know if Flux:FX will really be abandonned... the answer @echoopera obtained seems to be great, but it's the same kind of answer they made about the never born 1.1 update... let's hope, the new one is reality, I really like this app.

• Yep. I am hopeful but that's why I'm asking everyone to ping them to motivate them ;^)

• It is a pity really. They won a major design award with the app, I won't give up hope that they'll update it to 64 bit eventually. Good idea @echoopera to get some motivation in their direction ...

• I really hope that they update both Flux:FX and Flux:FX Play. I have both apps and I use them a lot...

• On the Appstore:

Updated: Jan 24, 2015
    Version: 1.0.1

I'd like to be more positive, but they've talked about updates in the past and nothing has happened. I'd like them to prove me wrong though !

• edited April 2017

Yeah. But that's old news. 2 years old in fact. Let's flood them with requests for updates o:)

• Makes me crazy this app is underserved, especially in proportion to the marketing hype.

It was touted as a performance tool in use by Adrian Belew. There have been a number of promises from the developer that weren't kept.

I think it's an amazing app. An update has the potential to attract new buyers, as the iOS Music audience has really grown over the last couple of years.

So far, I'm disappointed.

• Maybe the 64 bit thing will feel like rubber/road for them too. Here's hoping.

• Yep, I really enjoy using Flux:FX, will add my voice to the cry of the masses hoping they will support it going forward.

• Hope they update flux:player with some useful presets (90% of the presets only make unmusical noise&glitches)

• Would love an update on this, I had to refund it because crackles

• Hey all - just dropping a note to let you know we hear you! Hope to have more info on this soon [we have a meeting on this in a few hours with all parties].

• edited April 2017

@NOIISE said:
    Hey all - just dropping a note to let you know we hear you! Hope to have more info on this soon [we have a meeting on this in a few hours with all parties].

Forum won't let me use the emoji I want. Thumbs up.

• sweeeeet!

• @NOIISE said:
    Hey all - just dropping a note to let you know we hear you! Hope to have more info on this soon [we have a meeting on this in a few hours with all parties].

And please move the presets to the document sandbox. Great app you guys are amazing.

• @NOIISE said:

This is great news, as I'd like to pick up this app—it's been sitting in my App Store Wish List for a few months now—but I fear its abandonment.

• Good news :)
    I hope Link and Audiobus 3 is part of the discussion too ;)

• edited April 2017

@NOIISE said:

STAY ALIVE!

• Awesome. Hope it was a fruitful meeting :)

• Does anyone have any intel on Flux FX surviving iOS11?

Good @NOIISE people are you still with us?

• Yeah I'd like to hear if there's any update here!