Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - April 2017

Comments

• @studs1966 said:

With all the chat about sun, beer, holidays etc yesterday, better get back to the music ..... although heavily related! You know a thing or two about filling pools ... and dance floors. As said, you've lived and breathed the thing/scene. You know what makes people dance. How powerful is that! Surely, a skill that can only be gained through experience. Keep banging these happy, body part movers out, and get hustling away down the clubs in Napa. Get those decks spinning geezer..... I will be bringing 3000 people (?) to your gig. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Writing (love) poems is my day job, as far as my creative efforts go. Some of them get turned into (love) songs -if I can make them twist that way- but some of them are just poems.

There is talk of space mining
    the parsing of asteroids
    and the drilling through of rocks

(as they float to some gentle tune
    amongst a sky not at all a sky
    speckled mostly black
    but a piece of space as far as the eye can see
    caught in the cinema of its memory
    of you and me).

For a moment more than most
    I see the past and the future
    and the many films
    that show ourselves mostly lost
    and involve the metaphor of mining
    in some low-gravity world
    which harbors bad things

(the virus of resentment
    and of lonely men undone).

Even as I consider this
    and want to shout silently
    that’s far enough Goddammit
    I also know I’m calling out against
    the ceiling of my own space

(nothing more).

Don't know what filling you've been spooning into those tacos, but it has to involve note and chord things. Yes, we all drool over the magic of your words (and so we should)... the music though. I hear something simmering, no bubbling, because it is harder than that. Noticed, the last few tunes have me listening and yep, feeling, your creative musical output, just as much as your lyrics. They tell a story and mean something every time, so to feel your music as deeply as your words is credit to you. Bloody love the 3 bass stabs in the right lug, and the thumping bass drum to the stomach. So glad you played the hats where you did. More dynamics to this song than a straight 4..... just tried it. Matters, as it tosses a dance element in the mix.... which is spot on.

An ending from the front page of the 'best endings book.' Dropped me like a breeze block into 'nothing more.' Very good Mister Word/Musician/etc. The line that sticks in my soul is: 'In some low gravity world which harbors bad things.' I've based this months song on something you said a while back. Will take those words above forward. Excellent song all round. :)

• @Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

With all the chat about sun, beer, holidays etc yesterday, better get back to the music ..... although heavily related! You know a thing or two about filling pools ... and dance floors. As said, you've lived and breathed the thing/scene. You know what makes people dance. How powerful is that! Surely, a skill that can only be gained through experience. Keep banging these happy, body part movers out, and get hustling away down the clubs in Napa. Get those decks spinning geezer..... I will be bringing 3000 people (?) to your gig. :)

:p ...... Gawd bless Ya Guv!......... I shall try........

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Writing (love) poems is my day job, as far as my creative efforts go. Some of them get turned into (love) songs -if I can make them twist that way- but some of them are just poems.

the parsing of asteroids

speckled mostly black
    of you and me).

and the many films
    which harbors bad things

(the virus of resentment

Even as I consider this

(nothing more).

This is so good JohnnyGoodyear! Your poetry is epic! Your voice so soothing and the production is awesome. Thank you.

• More than that.

Thank you Mister Word. 'Inherent predilection of violence.' This lady had that. Fondly remembered for her seamless change to the 'Hammer' setting on drills, (after much patient guidance). Trying out something different musically/vocally. A kinda Robin Scott/Tarantino love bastard.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Bluepunk said:
    More than that.

Thank you Mister Word. 'Inherent predilection of violence.' This lady had that. Fondly remembered for her seamless change to the 'Hammer' setting on drills, (after much patient guidance). Trying out something different musically/vocally. A kinda Robin Scott/Tarantino love bastard.

A Masterpiece! @Bluepunk. This was so fun to listen to. So much going on in my headphones, a perfectly executed dance in my head. You know I love your mellow
    side! Again the guitars in the beginning were awesome. Great tune. Thanks

• @Bootsy said:

@Bluepunk said:
    More than that.

A Masterpiece! @Bluepunk. This was so fun to listen to. So much going on in my headphones, a perfectly executed dance in my head. You know I love your mellow
    side! Again the guitars in the beginning were awesome. Great tune. Thanks

You'll have to stop with all this praise. Artist? Masterpiece? My street cred is in tatters already after years of being seen walking around town with two wee, fluffy white doglets ;) Thank you Bootsy, far, far too kind, and spurs me on to learn and improve. Have you found that triangle yet? :)

• edited April 2017

And the Mad Bastard Award for this Month goes again to @Bluepunk for being an utter Mad Bastard. I believe this is the first submission in our history to address (in some form) the matter of menopause and I must believe that Mister Punk will be looked back on as at the tip of the coming social vanguard in this respect. In other news, there is a rumbling in the Club Room to have him designated as the Welsh Zappa (bit like the White Pele, but different).

I love how you've stepped out of your traditional genre but entirely held on to the essential youness on this one. Not always easy to do. Mister Fellows (and Mister Zappa) would be proud.

• Like to be of public service. It is true though. Go and watch, STUDY! When their knitting tempo shoots from ballad, to speed metal overnight, you are too late. As recommended in the BP manual for men, i suggest you divorce em when they reach 25. Between then, and 87, you're fucked! :)

Thank you. It was your romantic term that did it. Almost got me to write a love song. Cheers. Appreciate your time. Now, back to your thread and spend that money. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear The above was for you..... Buttons and me. Strewth!

• I'll try with an entry as well: https://allihoopa.com/s/DhQq71xD

Have fun and looking forward to your feedback as well.

• @o_imseng said:
    I'll try with an entry as well: https://allihoopa.com/s/DhQq71xD

Really good work, Oli. I'm glad you posted here because I intended to check out your thread, but it got away from me. Any changes I would make would be to suit my own taste, so I'm not sure you'd be interested.

You should submit this to discchord. I can't think of a good reason Tim wouldn't post it. :+1:

• @telecharge said:

@o_imseng said:
    I'll try with an entry as well: https://allihoopa.com/s/DhQq71xD

Really good work, Oli. I'm glad you posted here because I intended to check out your thread, but it got away from me. Any changes I would make would be to suit my own taste, so I'm not sure you'd be interested.

You should submit this to discchord. I can't think of a good reason Tim wouldn't post it. :+1:

Hi there,
    thanks for your kind words. Well i'm always happy to get feedback and criticsm from fellow producers. Lets you look at tracks from a different angle and notice areas of improvements for further tracks. So if you have the time to spare, why not just post your feedback in my original thread? Or send me a message over the forum.

Submit to Discchord, pardon me, what does he do with it? Repost, or does he have a label?

• @o_imseng Glad you're open to suggestions. I'll have another listen or two and see if my first impression holds. I didn't want to take away from the positive reactions you've received with minor quibbles. It's good as is, and quite impressive that you did it all in Gadget.

Regarding discchord.com, I just meant he might repost it and give you a wider audience.

• edited April 2017

@telecharge said:
    @o_imseng Glad you're open to suggestions. I'll have another listen or two and see if my first impression holds. I didn't want to take away from the positive reactions you've received with minor quibbles. It's good as is, and quite impressive that you did it all in Gadget.

Regarding discchord.com, I just meant he might repost it and give you a wider audience.

No worries mate. Just be open, no offense taken, if I post it i must be able to handle all feedback :wink:

• @trackedout very much a track on your trademark loose and lo-fi style, which I happen to dig.

The timing is probably looser than usual in this one, particularly in the intro, but it works. Maybe one crut I might make here is to just overdub some of the really out-of-time phrases, because it's a good track that is just slightly let down with some loose timing.

Really like the vocal, it has a vulnerable quality that really appeals to me.

The horns were an unexpected touch and probably quite genius. The main riff is cool too. Your songs are always interesting and worth listening to.

• @JohnnyGoodyear pretty cool and left-field spoken word track. Musically it's a very nice mashup of the symphonic strings and the more contemporary bleeps and bloops which I think works exceptionally well.

The "precursor" vocals are a nice touch, you can't quite make them out but then the main vocal comes in like a clearer echo to clarify what you were straining to hear.

And the words are great as always, and in parts are very funny. Generally I'm not that into spoken word pieces but this one has a lot going for it and is entertaining to listen to.

• @marliess said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JohnnyGoodyear Well done on banging out another cool tune. I recall you had nothing chalked up with a week and a bit to go in last month’s SOTMC and since then you’ve pushed out two tunes! Impressive feat of production rather than procrastination (the latter being my vice rather than yours)!

Great dynamics in Space Mining as diff instruments / sounds roll through. Mix was great, everything fitted well without treading on sonic toes. The duality to the vocal delivery was great also…really keeps thing interesting. A couple of minor suggestions to take or leave…When you deliver ‘speckled mostly black’…could consider singing that part to add to the impact of the vox / add a new sonic element. Also, the ending is really good as is, but I love the line ‘That’s far enough goddammit’….that line really jumped out at me and could be a really striking final line for the song.

Re the tune you did last month…sorry, I missed that in my feedback sweep at end of last month. Beautiful, mournful and melancholic. I was trying to help my 9 y.o with an art project while listening and your tune really stopped me in my tracks. Lyrics are a highlight, which is a continuing strength of your music.

Not sure I'll get an entree in this month...I've got a couple of tunes that are close but I'm trying to give myself space so I can bring some fresh ideas to them. I tend to get way too close and rush things, so we'll see how this works. Hoping to bob up and review a few tunes though...looking forward to hearing @Booty 's tune based on the feedback so far.

Thanks for this note. Appreciate your thoughts. As regards this month, some times the 'rushing' is a good thing. And even if you don't finish something you might come up with a theme or a notion that you most certainly won't if you just decide to blow it off :) Having said that, I believe the rules of the Club do allow some leeway if the member is otherwise productively engaged in something he will never live to regret (art projects with nine year olds who won't be nine forever :) )...

• @trackedout said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear love it, the bass is awesome and vocal cuts through directly,

Thanks Mister.

• @Bluepunk said:
    The line that sticks in my soul is: 'In some low gravity world which harbors bad things.'

Thank you Mister Punk. The low gravity thing is (obviously) sci-fi in origin, but the flip being back here on earth, especially two Thai sticks along when decision making becomes poor (if not impossible) and the skin's barrier becomes soft...

• @Bootsy said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

the parsing of asteroids

speckled mostly black
    of you and me).

and the many films
    which harbors bad things

(the virus of resentment

Even as I consider this

(nothing more).

This is so good JohnnyGoodyear! Your poetry is epic! Your voice so soothing and the production is awesome. Thank you.

Very kind Mr. Boots. Sometimes unalloyed positivity comes along at just the right moment :)

• Dear esteemed Ipad musicians,
    I would like to start by apologizing for not commenting or replying to the posts of last month. I appreciate all the comments and criticism for my March attempt. Here is the link to my April attempt. Once again your comments and criticism will be valued.

• greetings chicks n roosters,
    heres some kind of ruckus..( beat hawk gadget harmonica and vino )..

• ver damn tasty... great quirk and languish !

• @Bluepunk

well that is dirty and very fine. the intro is magnificently obscene.

• My new effort 'Strutter', created in Gadget and mastered using Auria Pro / fabfiltter C2 and Q2 and PSP microwarmer

• @badrico said:

ver damn tasty... great quirk and languish !

Quirk and Languish. Perfect. I have been looking for a Dickensian lawyer firm name for a story I'm pecking at and that's lovely :)

• Ha !.. Use it and you can talk to my attorneys,
    Cruel & Peculiar

• edited April 2017

@richardyot said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear pretty cool and left-field spoken word track. Musically it's a very nice mashup of the symphonic strings and the more contemporary bleeps and bloops which I think works exceptionally well.

The "precursor" vocals are a nice touch, you can't quite make them out but then the main vocal comes in like a clearer echo to clarify what you were straining to hear.

And the words are great as always, and in parts are very funny. Generally I'm not that into spoken word pieces but this one has a lot going for it and is entertaining to listen to.

Thanks Mister R. Appreciate the nod. Especially as while I'm more fond of the spoken word than the yodeled one (in terms of my own stuff), I know that it's not so much your own cup of tea, relatively anyway. Or within the confines of this fine club perhaps. I get that.

I should add that I have heard rumours (in their full English spelling) that you have at last reacquainted yourself with your recently absent guitar object. There has been much speculation lately (down behind the bike sheds; we don't smoke anymore, but it's just a comfortable habit we have) as to what your next offering will be....only 30 days in April....