Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - April 2017

Comments

• @rkmonkey Bloody hell Rob, good to see you and that cigarette end again. Excellent. I hope you're putting up 'My Case' this month. That's a corker and think someone else here will definitely enjoy that vibe. Nice one. :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    @Bootsy As long as the cheese is Danish Blue! Was hoping you'd take the short bus ride across town from C to SOTMC, to appreciate your skills on an original. After all the excitement and parties from yesterday's release, your calming vibe is just the tonic.

"There's nothing I can't do, when your shine smiles through." Sat, took a moment and thought about that line for a while. So true. Smiling motivates. Lovely that. Haunting solo, and is that one of those slide things you guitarists use? Played so gently. Wondering if there maybe some scope for some percussion. Not a structured beat, more flicky, whispy bongo type stuff caressing the guitar rhythm. Can even hear a triangle (underrated and underused instrument) cutting in the chorus. Mixed perfectly, beautiful Mister Boots. Keep returning to that word angelic. All angels will be smiling today. And so should we. Thanks. :)

Thank you@Bluepunk! Love your suggestions, sounds like I need to dust off the old triangle

• @richardyot said:
    @Bootsy I'm delighted you've come to join the club.

So obviously (it kinda goes without saying) in terms of performance this is outstanding, great guitar playing, excellent vocals - love the harmonies, love the sadness in the voice, and the slide guitar in the background tugging away at those heartstrings. And is that an E-bow in the solo? Sounds like one.

In terms of production everything is really well recorded and mixed, separation between instruments and clarity are great, vocal sits just right. Only thing I would change is to add a little more warmth, a bit more low-end, because the mix sounds a tad cold to my ears.

In terms of songwriting I think it's a solid effort, maybe a touch too long (if I was your producer I might ask you to trim a minute off the track) and the performance really makes the most of the song - lets the song shine through to borrow a line from the track :)

What I think you really need to do though is keep writing - come back here every month. You have so much potential, if you wrote 12 songs every year you would be unstoppable.

Thank you @richardyot! Not an e-bow just a volume pedal on the rp350. Song definitely drags on a bit. Could shorten some of the instrumental parts. Really needs some dynamics. But that is one of my shortfalls, can't seem to change that so I have become more of a covers guy. Just to keep up on playing and recording. And a love and nostalgia sometimes for the covers I pick. But you have lit a fire under my butt to get back into it, or at least try to polish up a few that I never really finished.
    Cheers!

• @rkmonkey said:
    Cool tune. Great tunes on your sound cloud. Uke - creep! Amazing production. What is your setup?

@Bootsy said:
    @richardyot, I can add some cheese to the sheep dip!
    My first addition to song of the month. Shine.

Thanks @rkmonkey for checking out my sc page. Mostly use a studio projects C1 for vocals and a couple of AT pencil condensers on my acoustic inst. when I did creep I was probably still using my pc, now everything is iPad with a focusrite interface and Cubasis.
    Thanks again.

• @Bluepunk said:
    @rkmonkey Bloody hell Rob, good to see you and that cigarette end again. Excellent. I hope you're putting up 'My Case' this month. That's a corker and think someone else here will definitely enjoy that vibe. Nice one. :)

Hey man. It's an old tune from pc. I posted a couple of old ones on SoundCloud after over a year of nothing new. Trying to surface.

• @Bootsy said:

@Bluepunk said:
    @Bootsy As long as the cheese is Danish Blue! Was hoping you'd take the short bus ride across town from C to SOTMC, to appreciate your skills on an original. After all the excitement and parties from yesterday's release, your calming vibe is just the tonic.

"There's nothing I can't do, when your shine smiles through." Sat, took a moment and thought about that line for a while. So true. Smiling motivates. Lovely that. Haunting solo, and is that one of those slide things you guitarists use? Played so gently. Wondering if there maybe some scope for some percussion. Not a structured beat, more flicky, whispy bongo type stuff caressing the guitar rhythm. Can even hear a triangle (underrated and underused instrument) cutting in the chorus. Mixed perfectly, beautiful Mister Boots. Keep returning to that word angelic. All angels will be smiling today. And so should we. Thanks. :)

Thank you@Bluepunk! Love your suggestions, sounds like I need to dust off the old triangle

Not sure what happened to the rest of my comment? I had so much more to say but sadly I said it and now it's gone.

• edited April 2017

Writing (love) poems is my day job, as far as my creative efforts go. Some of them get turned into (love) songs -if I can make them twist that way- but some of them are just poems.

There is talk of space mining
    the parsing of asteroids
    and the drilling through of rocks

(as they float to some gentle tune
    amongst a sky not at all a sky
    speckled mostly black
    but a piece of space as far as the eye can see
    caught in the cinema of its memory
    of you and me).

For a moment more than most
    I see the past and the future
    and the many films
    that show ourselves mostly lost
    and involve the metaphor of mining
    in some low-gravity world
    which harbors bad things

(the virus of resentment
    and of lonely men undone).

Even as I consider this
    and want to shout silently
    that’s far enough Goddammit
    I also know I’m calling out against
    the ceiling of my own space

(nothing more).

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Writing (love) poems is my day job, as far as my creative efforts go. Some of them get turned into (love) songs -if I can make them twist that way- but some of them are just poems.

@JohnnyGoodyear Well done on banging out another cool tune. I recall you had nothing chalked up with a week and a bit to go in last month’s SOTMC and since then you’ve pushed out two tunes! Impressive feat of production rather than procrastination (the latter being my vice rather than yours)!

Great dynamics in Space Mining as diff instruments / sounds roll through. Mix was great, everything fitted well without treading on sonic toes. The duality to the vocal delivery was great also…really keeps thing interesting. A couple of minor suggestions to take or leave…When you deliver ‘speckled mostly black’…could consider singing that part to add to the impact of the vox / add a new sonic element. Also, the ending is really good as is, but I love the line ‘That’s far enough goddammit’….that line really jumped out at me and could be a really striking final line for the song.

Re the tune you did last month…sorry, I missed that in my feedback sweep at end of last month. Beautiful, mournful and melancholic. I was trying to help my 9 y.o with an art project while listening and your tune really stopped me in my tracks. Lyrics are a highlight, which is a continuing strength of your music.

Not sure I'll get an entree in this month...I've got a couple of tunes that are close but I'm trying to give myself space so I can bring some fresh ideas to them. I tend to get way too close and rush things, so we'll see how this works. Hoping to bob up and review a few tunes though...looking forward to hearing @Booty 's tune based on the feedback so far.

• @studs1966 Just had a listen. Nice one, mate. But I have to ask, if 4:50 is the "Radio Edit," how long is the unedited version?

• @trackedout Cool, is a word that turns up in most comments about your songs. Whether it's kick in the groin power tunes or just surface laceration stuff, your music is cool. Other words could be stamped on this one's label. zzaJ, not Jazz. Big band, banned. Crazy blend of styles, but not styles. But then, that's what you're about. Twist things up a level. Your chorus, I hear being sung at festivals. Can see the crowds dancing like a dad at a family do. You know, pretending to be as hard as nails and don't give a shit singing along..... Till Monday morning back in the office, saying yes sir, no sir. In fact, all your lyrics are blessed with a rebellious Sleaford Mods type thing, without the swearing and threat of violence.

"Keep dreaming, keep thinking why work hard." Wish we could, but the other way of living does fuck you up overtime. Many battle scars. Everyone's a winner. Title for your album because all the songs on it are. Top gear my friend. :)

Now, please.... drums. Spill the beans!

• @telecharge said:
    @studs1966 Just had a listen. Nice one, mate. But I have to ask, if 4:50 is the "Radio Edit," how long is the unedited version?

@telecharge said:
    @studs1966 Just had a listen. Nice one, mate. But I have to ask, if 4:50 is the "Radio Edit," how long is the unedited version?

Thanks geezer. When I make track, normally take them up to around 6 to 7 mins. Just like if you bought a 12" single. I also make the tracks an instrumental mix too(as back up). When I was releasing them here the kind suggestions were that the tracks were too long, so I've shortened them down a bit( they were right really) Also, being on sound cloud, if someone poached one of my songs( as it's open to the public) then I can prove the full mix if things went a bit of a legal issue(if you get my drift?). As for the acapella, they are paid for( or free to use by the artists permission)......... ;)

• @studs1966 : Nice Song. How are the strings made?. There`s not much Bass. or is it my headphones?
    Cool Song! Like it!

• Hey @studs1966 Nice pecks! Sounds like you know some legal things. Me also, but not this stuff. So how does this work. A band (not big, yet) heard my version of Welcome Home. They've asked me to basically copy it. But, it ain't my song. It's Lennies. What if something mental happened and it got more than SC plays? Good luck to em. They're young, off their heads (on music) and hope they do something with the talent they have. Cheers.

Anyone please chip in.

• Sussed it, I think. Oh well, work. Was hoping to read something in the small print:

"Yep, you can go buy new posh glasses, if you've played all the chords wrong, screamed and not sung, are a shit musician and swear like Chubby Brown."

Need to get my illegal team on this. :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    Hey @studs1966 Nice pecks! Sounds like you know some legal things. Me also, but not this stuff. So how does this work. A band (not big, yet) heard my version of Welcome Home. They've asked me to basically copy it. But, it ain't my song. It's Lennies. What if something mental happened and it got more than SC plays? Good luck to em. They're young, off their heads (on music) and hope they do something with the talent they have. Cheers.

Anyone please chip in.

Thanks @Bluepunk. Copyright is quite serious. I loved your "Welcome Home" by the way. The best & cheapest way of copyright your stuff is simple(not unless now things have changed?) But I'll tell you an example....... Here goes........ Many years ago I started out making music with an Amiga, using Octamed Sound Studio, with a few synths, cheap Phonic 8 channel mixer, ect. In a magazine ( Amiga Format) there was a music competition. Mickey Flinn(Hardcore fame & legend at the time) wanted people to send 4 demos using just an Amiga. So, I sent mine off. It was a remix of Smyrip "Skin head Moonstomp"........ I received a letter back by the his record company(Delerious Records) saying that they wanted my remix on a EP single, but the problem was that they couldn't get the "Moonstomp" sample cleared by Smyrip record company. If they released without clearance, we would all be sued. So they couldn't do it, but they really wanted it. So it never happened. Now, during that year(in the 90's) I went to an organised 3 day Rave(Cambersands Soul Weekender)........ As I'm blowing my whistles, & waving my hands in the air, like the rest(crazy idiots, but wickedly brilliant time) the DJ played his next track after T99's " Anastasia"............ Guess who's song it was............. mine!.......... So, I thought( as I almost swallowed my whistle in shock)....... WTF!......... So i went to see my mate.... who's in the music business(won't go name dropping, as there are always people who bullshit, etc)...... He asked me if I had copyrighted my music. I said I'm not wealthy enough to pay lawyers. So he told me how to do it without paying lawyers. Because I didn't copyright, I was basically fucked....... Hey Ho!....... Nevermind, learn from experience. What you do is make a digital version of you song, album, whatever. Seal the envelope proper so no way can any signs of tampering(like the glue of the evelope come unstuck(sellotape it)...... Then post it to yourself, via Recorded Delivery(via the a post Office)You keep the receipt & envelope in a very safe place. If you take a record company to court, then lawyers have half a chance to win, as the envelop would be opened in court(with the proof of purchase of the Recorded Delivery by the Post office). The envelope cannot have any damaged to it at all...... When your covering some else's music it's more lapsed, as your singing someone's else's song & not sampling off there CD. It's gray area I think(I suppose only if you make the big timetime, things may change?....Lol)........ A classic example was the single "Pump Up The Volume" by M/A/R/R/S.............. They made no.1 in the charts.......... Made it big, but never earnt a penny, because the single was pure sample based, & they didn't ask permission by the artist(Eric B & Rakim/ James Brown, etc)........ But if/when I send some demo off to a couple record companies, I will have to delete my tracks off Sound Cloud(public section) & maybe put in Soundcloud Private section. I've already looked into a few music companies( as they know everyone sends there stuff to Sound Cloud).... Some have stipulated this way......... But anyway, your absolutely correct......... Good luck to them. But if it happens, it happens!........ That's why my mate won't let me remix his work....... & I don't blame him.......... I Don't want Stock, Aitken, & Waterman kicking my Arse....... As I make music for fun & relxation, & enjoy sharing my projects(good or bad) with the community...........Like the rest of us here. ;).......... If I can earn out of it, & can buy me a beer or two, then great!........... Then I have to go down a different path. As for now, this is what I'm doing!...... ;) Sorry for the long windedness.......

• @Franketti said:
    @studs1966 : Nice Song. How are the strings made?. There`s not much Bass. or is it my headphones?
    Cool Song! Like it!

Thank you. Done it with Crudebytes apps(Oriental Strings & Sampletank)& a lot of patiece.

• @studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:
    Hey @studs1966 Nice pecks! Sounds like you know some legal things. Me also, but not this stuff. So how does this work. A band (not big, yet) heard my version of Welcome Home. They've asked me to basically copy it. But, it ain't my song. It's Lennies. What if something mental happened and it got more than SC plays? Good luck to em. They're young, off their heads (on music) and hope they do something with the talent they have. Cheers.

Anyone please chip in.

Thanks @Bluepunk. Copyright is quite serious. I loved your "Welcome Home" by the way. The best & cheapest way of copyright your stuff is simple(not unless now things have changed?) But I'll tell you an example....... Here goes........ Many years ago I started out making music with an Amiga, using Octamed Sound Studio, with a few synths, cheap Phonic 8 channel mixer, ect. In a magazine ( Amiga Format) there was a music competition. Mickey Flinn(Hardcore fame & legend at the time) wanted people to send 4 demos using just an Amiga. So, I sent mine off. It was a remix of Smyrip "Skin head Moonstomp"........ I received a letter back by the his record company(Delerious Records) saying that they wanted my remix on a EP single, but the problem was that they couldn't get the "Moonstomp" sample cleared by Smyrip record company. If they released without clearance, we would all be sued. So they couldn't do it, but they really wanted it. So it never happened. Now, during that year(in the 90's) I went to an organised 3 day Rave(Cambersands Soul Weekender)........ As I'm blowing my whistles, & waving my hands in the air, like the rest(crazy idiots, but wickedly brilliant time) the DJ played his next track after T99's " Anastasia"............ Guess who's song it was............. mine!.......... So, I thought( as I almost swallowed my whistle in shock)....... WTF!......... So i went to see my mate.... who's in the music business(won't go name dropping, as there are always people who bullshit, etc)...... He asked me if I had copyrighted my music. I said I'm not wealthy enough to pay lawyers. So he told me how to do it without paying lawyers. Because I didn't copyright, I was basically fucked....... Hey Ho!....... Nevermind, learn from experience. What you do is make a digital version of you song, album, whatever. Seal the envelope proper so no way can any signs of tampering(like the glue of the evelope come unstuck(sellotape it)...... Then post it to yourself, via Recorded Delivery(via the a post Office)You keep the receipt & envelope in a very safe place. If you take a record company to court, then lawyers have half a chance to win, as the envelop would be opened in court(with the proof of purchase of the Recorded Delivery by the Post office). The envelope cannot have any damaged to it at all...... When your covering some else's music it's more lapsed, as your singing someone's else's song & not sampling off there CD. It's gray area I think(I suppose only if you make the big timetime, things may change?....Lol)........ A classic example was the single "Pump Up The Volume" by M/A/R/R/S.............. They made no.1 in the charts.......... Made it big, but never earnt a penny, because the single was pure sample based, & they didn't ask permission by the artist(Eric B & Rakim/ James Brown, etc)........ But if/when I send some demo off to a couple record companies, I will have to delete my tracks off Sound Cloud(public section) & maybe put in Soundcloud Private section. I've already looked into a few music companies( as they know everyone sends there stuff to Sound Cloud).... Some have stipulated this way......... But anyway, your absolutely correct......... Good luck to them. But if it happens, it happens!........ That's why my mate won't let me remix his work....... & I don't blame him.......... I Don't want Stock, Aitken, & Waterman kicking my Arse....... As I make music for fun & relxation, & enjoy sharing my projects(good or bad) with the community...........Like the rest of us here. ;).......... If I can earn out of it, & can buy me a beer or two, then great!........... Then I have to go down a different path. As for now, this is what I'm doing!...... ;) Sorry for the long windedness.......

I don't want SAW anywhere near.... full stop. ;) And Studsy, don't worry about the beer money, I will hand deliver a crate or two of Keo, on a Thursday night sometime next season as a thanks. Yes, thank you so very much for your time explaining all this and I have a SAE ready to post this months cover to ....... Hell. Until I phoned a friend to help, that's where it was heading.

You know your stuff, done the scene etc and it does come through in your music. Will listen to your new baby later. Cheers geezer. If you need any assistance with the 'other' legal side, give me a bell.

• @studs1966 @Bluepunk If you're interested in copyrighting your work, you might want to look into a Public Rights Organization (P.R.O.). Here is a recent video by Warren Huart where he briefly discusses them (starting around 10:07), and there are links to P.R.O.s in the video description.

His information is consistent with what I've read/heard in other places.

• @Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

Anyone please chip in.

I don't want SAW anywhere near.... full stop. ;) And Studsy, don't worry about the beer money, I will hand deliver a crate or two of Keo, on a Thursday night sometime next season as a thanks. Yes, thank you so very much for your time explaining all this and I have a SAE ready to post this months cover to ....... Hell. Until I phoned a friend to help, that's where it was heading.

You know your stuff, done the scene etc and it does come through in your music. Will listen to your new baby later. Cheers geezer. If you need any assistance with the 'other' legal side, give me a bell.

Thanks mate. Hope your over in the Paphos areas when come over to Cyprus 4 your hols? It was 28C here today. Sweated it up a bit while I'll was cleaning the pools today. ;)

• @telecharge said:
    @studs1966 @Bluepunk If you're interested in copyrighting your work, you might want to look into a Public Rights Organization (P.R.O.). Here is a recent video by Warren Huart where he briefly discusses them (starting around 10:07), and there are links to P.R.O.s in the video description.

Thanks for the heads up. ;)

• @studs1966 said:

@telecharge said:
    @studs1966 @Bluepunk If you're interested in copyrighting your work, you might want to look into a Public Rights Organization (P.R.O.). Here is a recent video by Warren Huart where he briefly discusses them (starting around 10:07), and there are links to P.R.O.s in the video description.

Good stuff that, thank you. The other topics he chatted about, were also of interest. "Work hard and hustle," he says to do. Exactly. :)

• @Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@telecharge said:

Good stuff that, thank you. The other topics he chatted about, were also of interest. "Work hard and hustle," he says to do. Exactly. :)

I don't mind the hard work, it's the hustle I object to at this late stage in the game :)

• @studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

Anyone please chip in.

Thanks mate. Hope your over in the Paphos areas when come over to Cyprus 4 your hols? It was 28C here today. Sweated it up a bit while I'll was cleaning the pools today. ;)

Hang on a minute. The gaffer has me sifting the shit from the murky waters of the hot tub, and you're trained in it? ;) I want your job. It'll be a quick in and out, Thursday visit to your beautiful island and a lot will depend on tonight's result. Looking at the league over there, it could be in Limassol. From there, i know the journey to Paphos well. Oh yes!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@telecharge said:

I don't mind the hard work, it's the hustle I object to at this late stage in the game :)

Leave that bit to me. ;)

• @Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

Anyone please chip in.

Hang on a minute. The gaffer has me sifting the shit from the murky waters of the hot tub, and you're trained in it? ;) I want your job. It'll be a quick in and out, Thursday visit to your beautiful island and a lot will depend on tonight's result. Looking at the league over there, it could be in Limassol. From there, i know the journey to Paphos well. Oh yes!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

Anyone please chip in.

Lol....... All is welcome..... The more The merrier.......... Better get in 6 crates of KEO then?....
    ;) Καλημέρα/Kalimera!*

• @studs1966 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

Anyone please chip in.

Lol....... All is welcome..... The more The merrier.......... Better get in 6 crates of KEO then?....
    ;) Καλημέρα/Kalimera!*

Miserable night of football. Has the land ever been the same colour as the sea over with you! Get ready for the Blue army! :)

• @Bluepunk yeah this one just popped out of no where while I was finishing up my last song which I thought was going to be this months song, I started it and finished it in a matter of hours .. I usually take about three days on and off .. but this one was fun and came easy to me the ideas been there cause I love big band shit without having to listen to it.. anyways thank you, I appreciate your comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear love it, the bass is awesome and vocal cuts through directly,

• @Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

@studs1966 said:

@Bluepunk said:

Anyone please chip in.

;) Καλημέρα/Kalimera!*

Miserable night of football. Has the land ever been the same colour as the sea over with you! Get ready for the Blue army! :)

lol........ "Shall I fix Bayonets now, Captain Mannering?"..........