Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mulit IN/OUT audio routing

Does ios/and/or/audiobus support multiple input output cards?
What I mean is this:

I got a 2in/2out card: connect a mic to input "1" and send it say... to Jamup and then Loopy
connect guitar to input "2" and send it straight to loopy.
Is this possible at all?
And then would loopy allow me to split my outputs so that mic goes to output "1" and guitar to output "2" - this is possible without audiobus with loopy, so I wonder if with audiobus as well?

Will clarify if needed as i know my comm skills on tech talk need improving ;)

Comments

• edited December 2012

I am pretty sure this does not work (yet). You want to bypass the effects slot with one input while the other input goes into the effect slot? It's my knowledge that the Audiobus team is working on a bypass feature for inputs but I am not sure it will work with your 2in/2out card as I do not have one myself nor do I know how they work.

EDIT: After reading this again, if it works with loopy without audiobus I don't see why it wouldn't work with loopy with Audiobus. However you still can't bypass the effect with one input and not another without recording in individual runs that i know of.

• We know you guys want this. We want it too. Give us some time and we'll put it in there.

• @Ryan

I guess Michael and Sebastian did not want to overcomplicate in the 1st release

@Sebastian

thank you!!! merry x-mas and hope we wont become a PITA too early ;)

• Exactly. We could have made it a lot more complex/powerful but we choose not to, to make sure users can grasp the concept and then tell us what features they'd like to see next instead of being overwhelmed by it.