Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 is live!

Comments

• @n13 said:
    AB3 often can´t load tonestack and vocalive into the fx slot on my ipad air, latest iOS. iconnect audio 4+ connected. They´re stuck on tap to fix, but the "fix" doesn´t help. Crazy thing is if I retry several times it sometimes works after some restarts. Works great in AB2. Any clues? Thanks. Andre.

It seems (see another discussion on this forum about iConnectivity gear problems with AB3) that a restart (off-on) of the iCA4+ can help (it did so for me: Tonestack is now working again as an effect in AB3 on my iPad Air 1 (latest IOS).

• edited April 2017

@Harro said:

@n13 said:
    AB3 often can´t load tonestack and vocalive into the fx slot on my ipad air, latest iOS. iconnect audio 4+ connected. They´re stuck on tap to fix, but the "fix" doesn´t help. Crazy thing is if I retry several times it sometimes works after some restarts. Works great in AB2. Any clues? Thanks. Andre.

It seems (see another discussion on this forum about iConnectivity gear problems with AB3) that a restart (off-on) of the iCA4+ can help (it did so for me: Tonestack is now working again as an effect in AB3 on my iPad Air 1 (latest IOS).

The thread is here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/18132/issues-with-iconnectaudio4-and-audiobus-3-midisteps-and-midilfos-now-solved

Restarting and replicating working configurations of other members hasn't been able to change anything for me unfortunately. Waiting for the fix...

• edited April 2017

On my Air 2, I can't eject apps at the bottom in the midi router page unless in portrait mode if there are multiple pipelines and apps.
    Edit: so this seems to happen occasionally on some setups the eject button is covered but usually it's ok

• @Munibeast said:

@Harro said:

@n13 said:

The thread is here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/18132/issues-with-iconnectaudio4-and-audiobus-3-midisteps-and-midilfos-now-solved

Restarting and replicating working configurations of other members hasn't been able to change anything for me unfortunately. Waiting for the fix...

Thanks for the link to that thread!

• edited April 2017

I've been using AB3 casually on my phone, getting to grips with what performance opportunities it offers over AB2. The additional scope that it presents is wonderfully expansive and seamlessly intergrated (I'll be taking this latter phrase to the App Store review section too!)

Thanks @Sebastian , you're leading the way!

I'm absolutely itching to get working with AB3 in performance. The anticipation for the AB remote update is electric. For me, this is the real release day!

• @Carnbot said:
    On my Air 2, I can't eject apps at the bottom in the midi router page unless in portrait mode if there are multiple pipelines and apps.
    Edit: so this seems to happen occasionally on some setups the eject button is covered but usually it's ok

We know about this and it's fixed in the upcoming update.

• @Sebastian said:

@Carnbot said:

That sounds a bit like the update is already compiled. Is there a fix for the ICA4+ problems in this one as well?

• @Munibeast said:

@Sebastian said:

@Carnbot said:

That sounds a bit like the update is already compiled. Is there a fix for the ICA4+ problems in this one as well?

No, sorry.

• There's another wierd thing with AB3 and iCA4+; see image: you see the 'normal' 10 midi-input-ports from the iCA4+, but also my PC (Harro-PC) (???) and an extra iConnectAudio4+ DIN (below). No problem I guess, but a little bit strange...

• @Sebastian said:

@Munibeast said:

@Sebastian said:

@Carnbot said:

No, sorry.

Hmm, okay. If I can do any testing for you, I'd be glad to help. I think you still have my email from testing SP Link.

• I'm looking forward to integrated Audiobus 3 on DRC. When will Audiobus 3 SDK be available?

• @sinosoidal said:
    I'm looking forward to integrated Audiobus 3 on DRC. When will Audiobus 3 SDK be available?

Ugh. That's disappointing. I had hoped it was already out.

• Two bugs noted on my iPhone 6 Plus.... soundprism link and electro ....do not work with midiflow keyboard ... in ab3 ... I get tap to fix error .. this does not solve it..:the audio instance of sp loads but midi does not... also when I load preset from ab3.... chordpolypad does not function correctly it only plays abs optimized apps.. e.g. Soundprism and music studio.. however it works fine on ab2 when I try separately.. as of now I deleted ab2.. apps I used were DM1 ifretless music studio sound prism....

• edited May 2017

So I'm not sure if this is delusional or not but does audiobus 3 take more processing power than audiobus 2? I feel like I've noticed a few more pops when running at low latency and multiple apps. Might just be expectation not reality.

Also
    @sabastian are you still planning to include 64 latency as an option for simple routing so I don't have to do the open an app with 64 buffer first then audiobus to force it into a lower latency?

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    So I'm not sure if this is delusional or not but does audiobus 3 take more processing power than audiobus 2? I feel like I've noticed a few more pops when running at low latency and multiple apps. Might just be expectation not reality.

Yesterday I tried a very simple setup in AB3 on my iPad (Air 1 - audio through iCA4+): 2 MIDI lanes both with my Roland A-500 keyboard on midi-channel 1 as INPUTs (sources) and resp. Moog Model 15 and Animoog as OUTPUTs (recievers). AB3 Latency Control set on 512 frames. There were pops and clicks and crackles all over the place! Unplayable (even with Latency on (max) 1024 frames).
    Then I tried the same setup in AUM (and set up the midi connections manually) and it played very well!!! What makes the difference?

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:

Also
    @sabastian are you still planning to include 64 latency as an option for simple routing so I don't have to do the open an app with 64 buffer first then audiobus to force it into a lower latency?

I think you wanted to tag @Sebastian

• @sinosoidal said:
    I'm looking forward to integrated Audiobus 3 on DRC. When will Audiobus 3 SDK be available?

Did you ever get an answer?

• @Sebastian said:

@Carnbot said:

Just to note that we still have the amazing noises Auv3 view size bug on Limiter and Reverb feedback delay in AB3. Not sure if they are aware of that. Some of the Apesoft apps were updated with the bug but not Amazing noises yet.

Another thing is I'm getting quite a few occasions when an app won't reload into an AB slot, even if you quit the app and relaunch the slot. the best result here is if you eject the icon from the slot then quit the app and relaunch etc.

Any idea when the next update is coming? :)

• Same here...really wish devs would update their apps or vice versa.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Same here...really wish devs would update their apps or vice versa.

Apps updating the devs is probably still a few years off. Apps developing apps will probably happen first, followed by apps developing devs. At that point we're all screwed so it doesn't really matter.

• is it true an app can't recieve midi once its inserted into the midi input slot?

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

@crifytosp said:
    is it true an app can't recieve midi once its inserted into the midi input slot?

If you mean "can't receive midi from outside Audiobus". That is correct.

It can be placed simultaneously in a midi output slot to receive any midi from Audiobus inputs though.

To get around this you can place MF Adapter in the input, the app in the output, and still be able to send midi to it in most cases, but only through the adapter.

• @srcer said:

@sinosoidal said:

Did you ever get an answer?

No... :neutral:

• @Sebastian are you still planning to include 64 latency as an option for simple routing so I don't have to do the open an app with 64 buffer first then audiobus to force it into a lower latency?

• I remember hearing something about an iCA4+ problem with Audiobus 3. Is this problem the reason that no apps will load in AB3 when plugged into the device?

• @OscarSouth said:
    I remember hearing something about an iCA4+ problem with Audiobus 3. Is this problem the reason that no apps will load in AB3 when plugged into the device?

Yes. Waiting for the fix.

• I remember a conversation, when AB3 was still in beta, about adding midi learn to the AB3 transport bar. @Sebastian Is this still going to be implemented?

• Ok here's a warning for all beta testers here of apps. I thought Audiobus 3 was broken today. All my presets stopped working and froze on loading in AB3. Bit of annoying headscratching later and I eventually worked out that it was Amazing Noises Limiter beta had expired on my ipad (and that was in all my presets) I had the app and reinstalled and the presets loaded again. But this froze AB3. so in case anyone else has this scenario, check your betas :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Ok here's a warning for all beta testers here of apps. I thought Audiobus 3 was broken today. All my presets stopped working and froze on loading in AB3. Bit of annoying headscratching later and I eventually worked out that it was Amazing Noises Limiter beta had expired on my ipad (and that was in all my presets) I had the app and reinstalled and the presets loaded again. But this froze AB3. so in case anyone else has this scenario, check your betas :)

Yeah, betas are really problematic because there's really no proper indication about when they stop working. :(

• edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.